I'm done with sports

I feel the same way, but I'll be back in about 2 weeks to NFL Network galore, Draft prep and then counting down to minicamp.

I just feel like complete crap today. Zero sleep, zero motivation. I feel like someone f-ed my wife and killed my dog.

groganfan on 02-03-2008 at 11:40 PM said:
if you're done with sports then go! i'm still pissed, and will be for years. this isn't going away for me, but to say "i'm done with sport" is retarded.

please go, but i hope you mean it. going to run when times gets tough. want to know my wish for the patriots? i hope before brady retires, he gets at least one more super bowl win and the this team sucks for a long time. that way these bandwaggoners can go away.

go ahead leave, may god be with you.

Hey jerk, let me deal with this the way I deal with it. GFY.

jetophile on 02-04-2008 at 01:24 AM said:
You have absolutely no idea how untrue that is. It's not the heartbreaking Jets losses. It's the fashion in which they do it. Masters of the absurd. Trust ME on that - I've been a fan for many years.

In all honesty, I think what sunk NE tonight the most was their arrogance that it was going to be a cakewalk (admit it - they thought it would be). The Giants D was in Brady's face every minute. I also have to give Manning credit where credit is due. That paragraph hurt me probably almost as much as it hurt you (I detest the Giants), but I can't say I'm sorry you guys lost. No, it isn't sour grapes. It's a lot more than that.

At least a good deal of you are not saying you were robbed. That would be lamer than lame.

Belichick did his worst coaching job ever last night. No halftime adjustments, horrible playcalling on both sides of the ball. The Giants deserved the win, they played better and wanted it more. This is the kind of loss that you never heal from. I would have rather lost 55-0 than lost they way they did last night.

I cant imagine a Jets fan could relate to that type of loss on that stage. I envy you.

chef on 02-03-2008 at 11:18 PM said:
ill yell u this now.
no ur not

He's right. I've said the same thing more than once - "I'm done." You'll come back for more. I think it's just the initial pain that makes us say things like this.

2004 WS wouldn't have been as sweet without the 2003 ALCS.

We watch the games, to see great games.. we want the media to talk about our team, so we don't have to hear about Brett Favre all day long. The Pats had a great season by most standards. Sure they lost a close one in the big game, but would you seriously rather be a fan of the Dolphins and know your team sucks so you can have less stress?

The bigger the reward potential, the bigger the stress factor, and the more painful the loss if it happens... but also the more wonderful the win if it happens. It's the chance you take.

Oh, and congrats to the Giants on a great game and congrats to the Pats for one of the most intense seasons ever, sorry it had to end the way it did.

As for all the second guessers out there... if they pull Eli down, and he doesn't lob up a prayer that is held on by one hand against a helmet..... it's not as if they were blown out, it was a pretty close one.

EasyBigFella* on 02-03-2008 at 11:16 PM said:
The pain is too much. I'm friggin' done. My wife can sit and watch a game like this and say "too bad" and go to bed. Im going to be up unti 4am agonizing and never get over this. I cant take this anymore, I really can't. I never thought I'd feel worse than the 2003 ALCS, but this is worse. This cant be healthy, it can't.

Sports is supposed to be entertainment and stress relief for life. This crap is more stressful than my damn job. I can't take it anymore, I just can't.

I refuse to throw them out, just like after last year's AFCCG loss. I am wearing my hoodie today with pride, and my Pat Patriot hat. I will be in attendance at the Draft Day Party, as many Training Camp practices as possible, I will still buy Patriots garb, and I most definitely anxiously will be anticipating the start of next season.

Go Patriots!

I'm suprisingly numb today. I thought I would be angry as hell and depressed - but I'm just numb. It is after all just a game - but it drains the hell out of you rooting for a team, getting so excited, thinking of all the possibilities and then a huge let down. I love the Pats and will always support them, but I'm glad the season is over, I need a break.

I'm disappointed...but with age, you realize that it's just a game. It's not going to effect my life. It's not like a family member died(and those that say it is, have not lost a family member)

Ray Crittenden on 02-04-2008 at 10:50 AM said:
I'm suprisingly numb today. I thought I would be angry as hell and depressed - but I'm just numb. It is after all just a game - but it drains the hell out of you rooting for a team, getting so excited, thinking of all the possibilities and then a huge let down. I love the Pats and will always support them, but I'm glad the season is over, I need a break.

Exactly how I feel. I've noticed myself throttling back with my passion a little with each passing season - maybe just a side effect of me growing older. If this had happened in 2002 I'd be inconsolable for a week, but I've really just sort of grinned and beared it this year. There are lots more important things to worry about.

I'm looking forward to having Sunday afternoons "free" again now.

Long stressful season. I enjoyed every minute, and we all know sh!t happens, but why in hell did it have to happen yesterday?

Giants flat out beat our boys. Like others, I'm just numb today, but I've got my SP XXXV!!! slouch hat on...its's beginning to fray, and I'm glad I'm not working today. Facing colleagues with all those nasty "I told you so" grins would be intolerable.

It's now drag race season out here on the other coast. Next weekend the season open at Pomona at the Winternationals.

I'll be there.

Go Pats!! We'll get 'em next year.

Here's my take on this.
If they won I would have been happy. They lost and I am sad but will get over it.
Either way I still have to go to work. If we won; I still have to pay my tax's and don't get a bigger paycheck. My wife loves me and I have to 2 great daughters. This is what life is about...family

If I was there cheering them on at 1-15 knowing they had no chance to win, going 18-1 and losing the Superbowl is certainly no reason to stop being a fan now. :)

carolinatony on 02-04-2008 at 10:20 AM said:
Here's my take on this.
If they won I would have been happy. They lost and I am sad but will get over it.
Either way I still have to go to work. If we won; I still have to pay my tax's and don't get a bigger paycheck. My wife loves me and I have to 2 great daughters. This is what life is about...family

amen

Undertaker #59 on 02-04-2008 at 10:59 AM said:
If I was there cheering them on at 1-15 knowing they had no chance to win, going 18-1 and losing the Superbowl is certainly no reason to stop being a fan now. :)
I agree.

:cool:

You guys are downright hilarious

What the hell are any of you crying about????????????????

You have the greatest QB ever and have been a one of if not the most dominent dynasties of all time. You have three super bowls in the last 5-6 years and just went 18-1. Your team fought their butts off all year and were just outplayed yesterday. It happens.

My Cardinals suck every year. When we went 8-8 this year I was ecstatic.

You guys wonder why everyone hates Patriot fans so much, well there it is. You are acting like a bunch of spoiled little brats.

Re: You guys are downright hilarious

cardsfanmd on 02-04-2008 at 11:52 AM said:
What the hell are any of you crying about????????????????

You have the greatest QB ever and have been a one of if not the most dominent dynasties of all time. You have three super bowls in the last 5-6 years and just went 18-1. Your team fought their butts off all year and were just outplayed yesterday. It happens.

My Cardinals suck every year. When we went 8-8 this year I was ecstatic.

You guys wonder why everyone hates Patriot fans so much, well there it is. You are acting like a bunch of spoiled little brats.

Sorry, :35 seconds from a perfect season kind of hurts.

Back