Is Brady protected more than other QB's??

Yes he is. His OL ALWAYS seems to be the best.

Yes he is. His OL ALWAYS seems to be the best.
Sorry, to clarify, I meant protected by the refs. You know the national bitching you always hear, "cant touch Brady or they throw a flag". That's generally true for ALL quarterbacks this day, but Brady isn't an outlier.

Sorry, to clarify, I meant protected by the refs. You know the national bitching you always hear, "cant touch Brady or they throw a flag". That's generally true for ALL quarterbacks this day, but Brady isn't an outlier.

Oh, that's all over Chiefsplanet all the time

Brady is the best in the biz at getting rid of the ball out asap...that's part of the deal.

Do you mean like when Carson Palmer is hit low and the league subsequently instituted a rule banning said hits but then the next year it happens to Brady and he misses nearly the full season and said rule is henceforth forever inaccurately labeled The Brady Rule?

Or like The Tuck Rule that is used AGAINST the Pats early in the season vs the J-E-T-E but then forever stapled to Patriots lore as if we petitioned the league to write it as written?

Yeah, we get all the breaks.

LOL.I knew what you mean't I was just throwing a twist in right off the bat.

I don't think he's protected more than any other QB. I mean there have been some God-awful roughing the passers calls all around the league, but because Brady wins a lot it gets magnified for him.

I'll be the very first to admit that the Roughing the passer call in the AFC Championship game was an atrocious call.

But, so was the Philly Special not being called an illegal formation.
So was the intentional grounding call in Super Bowl XLVI,
So was Eli not being called sacked in the grasp in Super Bowl XLII (and then the refs call Cassel sacked in the grasp on the exact same situation in 2008.) - https://youtu.be/tyaxKikBj6g?t=637
So was the entire regular season game in Denver in 2015.

No one gives a shit about any of those because they happened to the Patriots.

This is why EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. should be reviewable. Coaches have two challenges, if they use them and then something happens too bad. If they use a challenge and there's not a good enough angle of the play, too bad. But leave it up to the coaches, not the chimpanzees this league laughingly calls "officials."

Back