Is Mahomes the most dangerous person in the NFL?

Rex Grossman was an NFC Champion. Jake Plummer and Bubby Brister ran this offense-for-dummies with no issues and had success as a result.

Colin Kaepernick had a better peak than Jared Goff. You put your bias out there, now watch him, then the opposing defense when it is actually trying. Everything slow. Everything late. He is the same guy now, that he was when he came out of college. The same. A quality backup to low-end starter just on physical tools alone, but certainly not the #1 overall pick.

Everything slow. Everything late. :shrug:
I blame coaching, they are still handling him like he is a delicate flower. It is time they force this guy to make his own reads, no more Coaches making them for him. Learn or burn out of the league.

And I do not think he can get quick enough in making the reads to succeed.

If you had the choice of one of these guys to be "the Next Guy," how would you rank these?

1. Goff
2. Mayfield
3. Mahomes
4. Garoppolo
5. Watson
Mayfield - did most with least
Mahomes - Stayed healthy
Garoppolo - again a lot with little but often injured and that is an issue
Watson - I blame coaching
Goff - just looks lost all the time

Mayfield- kid has “it”.
JimmyG- a lot with not much in the tools category
Mahomey- edge over Watson, for now. SO skewed with his weapons though.
Watson- developing

Goff- add some other guys/rookies. Bill eviscerated him. Simply shift defensively after coach/QB comm stops and he melts.

Agreed, i think we talked about this or perhaps i chatted with another, but Brady/Manning have many 11/12 win seasons. And guys like Rodgers and Brees do not, although I do like Brees alot.

Folks love Rodgers, but he has not been able to do what Brady and Manning have done.

Be interesting to see if Mahomes can do the same, time will tell. My guess is that he will not be able to do so and will fall in the same path as other solid/great QBs of the last 15 years.

That's the way I see it. For Manning and Brady to have 15 and 16 double digit win seasons (I think..... that's off the top of my head) is almost unheard of. Aaron Rodgers who often gets compared to Brady has missed the playoffs 3 times, and has 4 seasons under 10 wins in his 11 years at QB.

Mahomes may end up being a very good qb, but to be on the level of Manning you have to consistently win 10 plus games and take your team to the post season.... And to be on the level of Brady you have to win a bunch of Super Bowls lol.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Mayfield- kid has “it”.
JimmyG- a lot with not much in the tools category
Mahomey- edge over Watson, for now. SO skewed with his weapons though.
Watson- developing

Goff- add some other guys/rookies. Bill eviscerated him. Simply shift defensively after coach/QB comm stops and he melts.

Goff really seemed to go down the pooper near the end of the season. He was completely manhandled by the Bears, and didn't look that great against Dallas.... And then of course there was the Super Bowl. I think Goff can turn out to be a decent qb and take the Rams to the playoffs..... But I'm not sure he will ever be a top 5 in the league like I thought he might be earlier this season.

Agreed, i think we talked about this or perhaps i chatted with another, but Brady/Manning have many 11/12 win seasons. And guys like Rodgers and Brees do not, although I do like Brees alot.

Folks love Rodgers, but he has not been able to do what Brady and Manning have done.

Be interesting to see if Mahomes can do the same, time will tell. My guess is that he will not be able to do so and will fall in the same path as other solid/great QBs of the last 15 years.

that's because he's a "gunslinger"...like brettfavre and Romo. Run around, throw the ball all over the field, force it in to triple coverage downfield for the highlight reel play instead of dumping it off to the back and picking up the 1st...shit like that.

that's because he's a "gunslinger"...like brettfavre and Romo. Run around, throw the ball all over the field, force it in to triple coverage downfield for the highlight reel play instead of dumping it off to the back and picking up the 1st...shit like that.
All of which works until you meet a disciplined defense that can contain him and he is looking past the open dump off still.

All of which works until you meet a disciplined defense that can contain him and he is looking past the open dump off still.

because he is unable to read said defense and understand what the coverage is and where the pressure is coming from...

...you know...cheating...:coffee:

My point wasn’t to make this about Manning/Brady. I was simply saying it’s not easy to have multiple win seasons like Manning and Brady. Also I’ve never really heard anyone say Manning is better than Brady in the regular season. personally. They both were great in regular season. Brady is more successful with more rings yes.

:toast: Oh I know I just wanted to post that Brady had only 60 losses in 18 years. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

It all depends...but:

JimmyG
Mayfield
Kermit
Goff
Watson

...would be my ranking as of now.

I need to see JG play a full season first

:toast: Oh I know I just wanted to post that Brady had only 60 losses in 18 years. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Hahaha ya I couldn’t remember the stats. I was gonna check but got lazy. I knew he didn’t have many losses in his career. 2005 stuck out to me as a very mediocre season for the Pats and they still made it to the second round of the playoffs that season. :toast:

Rex Grossman was an NFC Champion. Jake Plummer and Bubby Brister ran this offense-for-dummies with no issues and had success as a result.

Colin Kaepernick had a better peak than Jared Goff. You put your bias out there, now watch him, then the opposing defense when it is actually trying. Everything slow. Everything late. He is the same guy now, that he was when he came out of college. The same. A quality backup to low-end starter just on physical tools alone, but certainly not the #1 overall pick.

It doesn't help that McVay seems to babying him through it all. This Super Bowl run seems like it'll be more of an anomaly and a really strong roster than a merit to Goff.

Hahaha ya I couldn’t remember the stats. I was gonna check but got lazy. I knew he didn’t have many losses in his career. 2005 stuck out to me as a very mediocre season for the Pats and they still made it to the second round of the playoffs that season. :toast:

Trust me Tyler, I have never heard you say a bad thing on here, I have zero issue with what team you cheer for or anything else. There are about 1 out of 100 fans of other teams that can get through a sentence on the Patriots without talking about cheating, its quite refreshing.

It doesn't help that McVay seems to babying him through it all. This Super Bowl run seems like it'll be more of an anomaly and a really strong roster than a merit to Goff.

I loved when Goff was crawling back to the bench after throwing away the Rams chance to tie it and McVay chased him down to give him an attaboy.

Cheers

I loved when Goff was crawling back to the bench after throwing away the Rams chance to tie it and McVay chased him down to give him an attaboy.

Cheers
he sounded like this, maybe puberty hits this year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9lOL2h8F3aA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I give you hard numbers showing the steadily improving records of the College and Pro teams for which Goff has started ... you repeat bumper sticker slogans.

If he is "the same guy now, that he was when he came out of college," then how do you explain those steadily improving records?

Trust me Tyler, I have never heard you say a bad thing on here, I have zero issue with what team you cheer for or anything else. There are about 1 out of 100 fans of other teams that can get through a sentence on the Patriots without talking about cheating, its quite refreshing.

People can be extremely bitter. If a team isn't "cheating" they are playing "dirty" My one buddy is a Seahawks fan and used to take a beating from other friends saying how dirty the Hawks used to play when they had Sherman and Browner lol. Poor guy. Though..... they are a tad dirty but regardless lol.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/12/nfl-rams-jared-goff-future-contract

Quarterbacks who get elite money are paid to win their team games and make plays that aren’t necessarily there to make. Right now, Goff isn’t doing either. He is the reason the Rams are losing, and, even at his best, he’s never consistently been THE reason they’ve won games.

With Goff still on his rookie deal, that’s fine. The Rams can survive with average-to-good play from their quarterback for the time being. But that won’t be the case when Goff is getting paid. If he doesn’t eventually develop into an elite-level passer — which is no small feat — the Rams’ Super Bowl window will slam shut as soon as he puts pen to paper.

Just read rumors are Dak for 6 at $168 million with $68 million guaranteed and Watson 7 at $210 million.

That's the way I see it. For Manning and Brady to have 15 and 16 double digit win seasons (I think..... that's off the top of my head) is almost unheard of. Aaron Rodgers who often gets compared to Brady has missed the playoffs 3 times, and has 4 seasons under 10 wins in his 11 years at QB.

Mahomes may end up being a very good qb, but to be on the level of Manning you have to consistently win 10 plus games and take your team to the post season.... And to be on the level of Brady you have to win a bunch of Super Bowls lol.

I will be interested to see how Mahomes, and other QBs, perform in the up coming years and see if any of them are able to win multi double digit winning seasons.

My guess is that it will not happy but time will tell.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Agreed 100%

Hopefully next year...

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Just read rumors are Dak for 6 at $168 million with $68 million guaranteed and Watson 7 at $210 million.

Lmao at both...

Back