Is the End near???

Part1 <object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYZtMwIPb4c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object> Part2 <object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D7iDb1_GcZc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object> Part 3<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9rCcuEUTwzI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object> Part4 <object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iCWt4HGzKkQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object> Part 5 <object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqjpub-gqNo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
Even though 2012 has a really good chance to be uneventful I still find this show the most interesting of all 2012 doomsday shows...
There was one other show I saw a while back on the history channel that had scientist trying to figure out what caused bottle necks in the human population, They ended up at the base of a receding glacier(Chili I believe) and found plants flash frozen and still in pristine condition.. Things that make you go hmmmm...

I love History Channel for all these shows. During the summers, I love to watch this stuff for days on end. :)

I've been trying to post vidieos from youtube but it doesn't seem to work. I click share, embed, copy & paste but all I get is a code. When I put it in the reply box & post it I just get a window that says the image cannot be displayed. Any ideas?

There is an option for "use old embed code". I normally use that since I've had issues with some web sites not supporting the "new" format.

Even though 2012 has a really good chance to be uneventful I still find this show the most interesting of all 2012 doomsday shows...
There was one other show I saw a while back on the history channel that had scientist trying to figure out what caused bottle necks in the human population, They ended up at the base of a receding glacier(Chili I believe) and found plants flash frozen and still in pristine condition.. Things that make you go hmmmm...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mayan Astrology????? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

First of all, do you have any idea exactly what is the significance of Dec 21, 2012 from an astrological perspective?

This page describes the mumbo jumbo typically associated with this "event".

Allegedly, on Dec 21, 2012 the Sun, when viewed from the Earth, will be in alignment with the Galactic equator, on the Winter Solstice.

And this signifies what exactly?

This page points out the insignificance of this event.

Once a year the Sun, when viewed from the Earth, is aligned with the Galactic equator.

The only difference that 2012 is supposed to have with any other year is that the date that this alignment takes place is the Winter Solstice.

This alignment does not indicate the position of the Sun relative to the Galaxy, as it moves above and below the galactic plane, it is simply an artifact of geometry of the Earth's movement relative to the Sun.

If the plane of the ecliptic, the path the planets follow around the Sun, did not cross the Galactic equator, this alignment would never happen.

Oh, BTW, the alignment on the Winter Solstice already took place in 1997, so if that was supposed to be such a momentous event, it already happened.

As far as the Mayan calendar "ending" is concerned, let me ask you a simple question.

I assume you had at least one calendar last year.

Did it "end" on December 31st?

Mine did.

What happened after it "ended"? Did the world end?

I simply got out my new calendar and it repeated the cycle that existed in the previous one.

What makes you think that the Mayan calendar is any different?

Yes, it had the "Long Count", but that is simply a different way to divide up time from what we use, why does everyone assume that the "end" of their calendar is any different from the "end" of our calendars?

You don't want to know trust me...:coffee:

There are Zombies in Florida and an asteroid the size of a city block set to fly by earth. But don't worry 12/21/12 will be here soon enough :thumb:

There are Zombies in Florida and an asteroid the size of a city block set to fly by earth. But don't worry 12/21/12 will be here soon enough :thumb:
asteroid-impact-frequency.gif

:shake:

You can't calculate the energy equivalent, based on the diameter, without knowing the density of the object.

The equation for energy would be 1/2mv^2.

There are three basic classes of object that can hit us. Comets (ice), Stone asteroids and metal asteroids.

The density goes up in that order.

Will we get hit by a planet killer again?

Yes.

however a 500 m object would only ruin the day of those people near the impact site.

BTW, I'm not sure I believe the 1,000 year frequency for the 50 MT event.

Meteor crater in Az was 50,000 years ago and is estimated to have been 10 MT.

So between then and now there should have been many more than 50 of craters that size made on the earth.

Where are they?

Yes, 7/8 of the earth is water, so 7/8 of 50 is 6.25.

Looking at the graph the 10 MT event is near to once a century, so there should be over 62 craters on land equal to what's in Az.

Where are they?

Why are there no historical records?

:shake:

You can't calculate the energy equivalent, based on the diameter, without knowing the density of the object.

The equation for energy would be 1/2mv^2.

There are three basic classes of object that can hit us. Comets (ice), Stone asteroids and metal asteroids.

The density goes up in that order.

Will we get hit by a planet killer again?

Yes.

however a 500 m object would only ruin the day of those people near the impact site.

BTW, I'm not sure I believe the 1,000 year frequency for the 50 MT event.

Meteor crater in Az was 50,000 years ago and is estimated to have been 10 MT.

So between then and now there should have been many more than 50 of craters that size made on the earth.

Where are they?

Yes, 7/8 of the earth is water, so 7/8 of 50 is 6.25.

Looking at the graph the 10 MT event is near to once a century, so there should be over 62 craters on land equal to what's in Az.

Where are they?

Why are there no historical records?
Makes total sense to me for instance Iron would be more dense than a conglomerate,of ice and other less dense minerals...So I would imagine a solid iron asteroid would be much more explosive..

Back