Is there a bigger hypocrite/phony than Dungy?

DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 07:20 PM said:
The point is that teeing off on another coach in the soup was not cool.

I agree. I've said several times that I wished he had just kept quiet. Not tonight, mind you, but I've repeated it since the incident.

I'm truly surprised that you can't see that.

I do see it, but I'm also glad that Dungy just doesn't care about what's going on outside of his club. That's a good sign of what I want in a coach.

Patriots4ever* on 12-31-2007 at 08:27 PM said:
That does not excuse your comment. There's a right way, and the wrong way of doing things. That Tatum comment was way over the line. You have a problem with DS, you take it up with him, and attack him personally if you feel the need to do so, or through a PM.

Your apology is not accepted, and I would suggest you pull that post, otherwise I will report it to the mods, that is if they haven't seen it yet.

BY1401 did the same thing when he left here, by displaying the image of that horrific scene, now we have another Colt fan referencing it. That really is out of line here.

Then don't accept my apology, no sweat off my sack. Let the mods pull it...and let them review this entire thing. I don't give a shit about them pulling my post or my username. I can get another one in a heartbeat. But maybe, just maybe they will see what the forum has devolved into and people like DS, P.4E*, Dashithead et al will be axed as well, or at least held to a higher standard. I am willing to follow any ruleset the mods wish to place, just so long as no double standards exist based on which team one roots for.

DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 07:22 PM said:
Because Dungy professes to be a man of religion. He professes to be a man of understanding.

This is a common response to anyone who claims to be religious by someone who wants to point out how the person who claims to be religious isn't acting in a religious manner. The argument, at its core, has no basis as religious people do not claim to be perfect or without sin (if this even constitutes one).

Such a person should see another person in his profession in distress and should not issue a series of comments that makes things worse. He should know that "there for the grace....."

Pretending to be compassionate and empathetic and then sticking the knife in deeper is hypocritical.

Are you a good person? I think I am. Have you ever done something bad? Me too. I guess we're both hypocrites too.

tmack on 12-31-2007 at 08:30 PM said:
I agree. I've said several times that I wished he had just kept quiet. Not tonight, mind you, but I've repeated it since the incident.

I do see it, but I'm also glad that Dungy just doesn't care about what's going on outside of his club. That's a good sign of what I want in a coach.
I didn't know that you had said that Dungy should have kept quiet.

That's my point. And I think not keeping quiet was very hypocritical, which I bet you also will acknowledge. Put yourself in the shoes of any coach who is in trouble with the league. If a man who wraps himself in religion is the one to issue a bunch of negative, judgmental statements when the heat was at the highest point, I think you would find that person to be a hypocrite.

But I agree that Dungy should not care about the views of others or care about what's happening outside the Colts. That kind of single mindedness should have lead him to not pile on BB, a coach outside his club.

IU_Knightmare on 12-31-2007 at 08:32 PM said:
Then don't accept my apology, no sweat off my sack. Let the mods pull it...and let them review this entire thing. I don't give a shit about them pulling my post or my username. I can get another one in a heartbeat. But maybe, just maybe they will see what the forum has devolved into and people like DS, P.4E*, Dashithead et al will be axed as well, or at least held to a higher standard. I am willing to follow any ruleset the mods wish to place, just so long as no double standards exist based on which team one roots for.

"What the forum as devolved into"? Gee, that's funny, I thought it was the same place it always was. It's especially funny considering your Jack Tatum comment. Nothing like people who use paralyzation as a "snappy comeback" and then have the nads to righteously comment on "what the forum has devolved into". :jerkit:

If you don't like DS, then don't read his posts.

tmack on 12-31-2007 at 08:35 PM said:
This is a common response to anyone who claims to be religious by someone who wants to point out how the person who claims to be religious isn't acting in a religious manner. The argument, at its core, has no basis as religious people do not claim to be perfect or without sin (if this even constitutes one).

Are you a good person? I think I am. Have you ever done something bad? Me too. I guess we're both hypocrites too.
I well appreciate that religous people make mistakes. All people make mistakes.

But Dungy went full force on this one. It seems to me that doing so reveals something deeper about the man.

Hey, I might be wrong. It might have been a one time screw up on his part. The extent of his commentary on this tells me something different, but who knows, maybe he's empathetic, kind and forgiving 99% of the time, and this was the 1% bad apple moment, to use his example.

You did not apologize to me. You attacked me.

And it's hilarious that you call me stupid, and then say, in the very same post, that you'll follow the rules of the fourm and will just re-join under a different name if you get axed.

(I'm assuming that's a violation of the rules of the forum and if I'm wrong, please ignore that point).

If you haven't noticed, I'm perfectly capable of having strong, spirited debate with people like Jaric and TMack, even if I think they're on crack and they think the same of me.

It is you who pulled out the nuclear Jack Tatum bomb without bothering to engage on anything substantive. Interesting.

Look, the comment was way out of line. If you don't agree with DS, then just simply put him on ignore, or do it through pms. Don't attack this entire board with a Jack Tatum reference. So you only had that 1 negative post in your 60+ posts on this board, it still doesn't make it right.

I would never go to a Colts board and post crap like that, I would go there to talk football. I do the same on Steeler and Broncos message boards that I frequent. Even though you may disagree with DS, P.4E*, and dashoe doesn't make your commentary appropriate. You said no double standards, well that Tatum comment proves to me that you're willing to test the waters.

Seriously, that was way out of line, and I'm still awaiting an apology from BY on that avatar he displayed. That is way out of bounds. This whole entire thread is a friggin disaster.

JD10367 on 12-31-2007 at 08:39 PM said:
"What the forum as devolved into"? Gee, that's funny, I thought it was the same place it always was. It's especially funny considering your Jack Tatum comment. Nothing like people who use paralyzation as a "snappy comeback" and then have the nads to righteously comment on "what the forum has devolved into". :jerkit:

If you don't like DS, then don't read his posts.

Yes, devolved into. And it isn't the same place it's always been. Some of the players are still the same, but the vast majority are relative newcomers to the board. The level of discussion has fallen mightily.

As far as my comment, you need to read all of the posts in the thread to gather context. If you do, you will realize that I hold no animosity towards the Patriots, the reasonable contingent of their fans, nor Darryl Stingley the player of all people. I used it to illustrate a point that Darryl Stingley the poster offers very little in the way of content, and what happens to trickle down from mind-numbing to somewhat interesting is completely overshadowed by his posting style.

And as far as the "If you don't like DS, then don't read his posts" why doesn't that swinging gate apply to you not reading mine?

IU_Knightmare on 12-31-2007 at 08:55 PM said:
And as far as the "If you don't like DS, then don't read his posts" why doesn't that swinging gate apply to you not reading mine?

Because DS didn't make a comment in regards to a former Patriots player that was paralyzed in a meaningless preseason game.

IU_Knightmare on 12-31-2007 at 08:25 PM said:
Nice, so a football player getting paralyzed is on par with 6 million jews being slaughtered in history's most blatant example of genocide...glad to see you have your priorities in order.

And yes, since this thread by it's title is the Pats Planet equivalent of a rest stop shitter, I have every right to drop em a float a biscuit in your direction.

Your point is baseless, and those in this thread who have defended Dungy have illustrated that very well, so they don't need me to reiterate it for them. I prefer to stoop to your level (below in this case) and respond to an incendiary thread title/content with a post equally as baseless, classless and worthless in order to do two things:

1) Illustrate my point that threads like these do nothing to encourage debate, just to incite a pissing match.

2) To piss you off.

Seems I have done my job on both counts. Congratulations on trolling your own Pats message board. Good for you :rolleyes:
It was obvious that I was making the point about the Holocaust to make a point. No one would compare 6 million to Darryl Stingley. I even acknowledged in my first post on that that I was just making a point, not drawing a real parallel.

Your brilliant illustration fails because TMack and I have managed to have a good discussion on this. If you think our posts on this point are a pissing match, you're just wrong. TMack can correct me if he thinks that I'm wrong.

You admit that your goal was to piss me off and then you call me a troll. You are a special kind of stupid.

Honestly, you piss me off the same way a third grader would piss me. You are an annoyance. You are like a mosquito at a BBQ.

Nothing you have written is substantive and you are obviously incapable of engaging on that basis.

Originally posted by DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 08:44 PM
You did not apologize to me. You attacked me.

I never said I apologize to you, on the contrary as I said before, I hope your junk falls off from crotch rot.

And it's hilarious that you call me stupid, and then say, in the very same post, that you'll follow the rules of the fourm and will just re-join under a different name if you get axed.

No, I claimed I will play by any ruleset the mods wish to enforce, so long as there is no double standard based on which team one roots for. I have 69 posts in 4 years here, so I rarely post as it is. And I won't let some "banning" boogie man keep me from saying my piece, hence the "I can get posting privleges anytime I wish".

If you haven't noticed, I'm perfectly capable of having strong, spirited debate with people like Jaric and TMack, even if I think they're on crack and they think the same of me.

You call a thread title "Is there a bigger hypocrite/phony than Dungy?" and attempt to engage in debate, I call it a blatant attempt to start a pissing match.

It is you who pulled out the nuclear Jack Tatum bomb without bothering to engage on anything substantive. Interesting.

You have to post something substantive for me to want to engage you in that type of conversation. But unfortunately, when one comes out with a thread title designed to piss in someones wheaties, I have no compunction about unzipping and letting my stream go either. As I said before, congratulations on trolling your own board.

IU_Knightmare on 12-31-2007 at 08:55 PM said:
Yes, devolved into. And it isn't the same place it's always been. Some of the players are still the same, but the vast majority are relative newcomers to the board. The level of discussion has fallen mightily.

Says the guy with less than 70 posts in four years? Whatever. That's like someone who's eaten two donuts in their life but feels they have the ability to critique how Dunkin' Donuts runs their business.

As far as my comment, you need to read all of the posts in the thread to gather context. If you do, you will realize that I hold no animosity towards the Patriots, the reasonable contingent of their fans, nor Darryl Stingley the player of all people. I used it to illustrate a point that Darryl Stingley the poster offers very little in the way of content, and what happens to trickle down from mind-numbing to somewhat interesting is completely overshadowed by his posting style.

Oh. Is that what it was. I guess I'm not highbrow enough to get it, 'cause to me it just looked like you were making fun of a guy who got paralyzed. :jerkit:

You'd made so few of them, frankly, I had no idea who you were. But I'll be happy to not read any more of yours. :wave:

Anyway, here's wishing everyone a joyous holiday season, and a happy new year.

Now, I just have to come up with a few New Year's resolutions. What behaviors should I try to check this year? I wonder...

I love it, Knightmare. You mock the real Darryl Stingley in a thread that you just knew was going to suck, and then you try to blame me. Good work.

Again, if you think my discussion in here with TMack was pure piss, that's your call. It's a wrong call, but you're entitled to add mistakes to bad judgment. And we know you have bad judgment.

Really, the Jack Tatum thing was like standing up, coughing loudly, pulling your pants down in the middle of church services, holding a cheek for all to see, crapping on the floor and then saying "really, Father, I've never done this before but I found that sermon to be offensive!"

But no worries, you can just re-join if they assclown you!

DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 09:02 PM said:
It was obvious that I was making the point about the Holocaust to make a point. No one would compare 6 million to Darryl Stingley. I even acknowledged in my first post on that that I was just making a point, not drawing a real parallel.

Your brilliant illustration fails because TMack and I have managed to have a good discussion on this. If you think our posts on this point are a pissing match, you're just wrong. TMack can correct me if he thinks that I'm wrong.

You admit that your goal was to piss me off and then you call me a troll. You are a special kind of stupid.

Honestly, you piss me off the same way a third grader would piss me. You are an annoyance. You are like a mosquito at a BBQ.

Nothing you have written is substantive and you are obviously incapable of engaging on that basis.

No, Tmack is being nice. He knows you are full of shit on your point and a dick in the way you try to illustrate it, he just has a much nicer way of putting it than I do. He would rather dance around the subject and acquiesce in relation to your posting style. His style is to stay above the fray, yours isn't.

I on the other hand prefer to fight dickheadedness with dickheadedness.

IU_Knightmare on 12-31-2007 at 09:15 PM said:
No, Tmack is being nice. He knows you are full of shit on your point and a dick in the way you try to illustrate it, he just has a much nicer way of putting it than I do. He would rather dance around the subject and acquiesce in relation to your posting style. His style is to stay above the fray, yours isn't.

I'll let TMack respond if he sees fit.

It seems to me that he understands that Dungy would have been better served not to pile onto Belichick when he was getting pounded and that we disagree on where and how to connect those dots.

Having gone around and around several times with TMack, incluidng tonight on Brady and Manning, I don't see him as the shrinking violet that you do.

We agree that you are fighting with your dick. I still haven't seen one substantive post from you.

IU_Knightmare on 12-31-2007 at 09:15 PM said:

tmack has always been a respectable poster here. As long as I have known tmack, the 1 way I would not describe him is being a "dance around the subject" kinda guy. He's ok in my book. He tells it like it is and backs up his thoughts with facts and concrete evidence/coherent thoughts. He doesn't resort to making light of career ending injuries to former Patriots players.

DarrylStingley on 12-31-2007 at 09:14 PM said:
Really, the Jack Tatum thing was like standing up, coughing loudly, pulling your pants down in the middle of church services, holding a cheek for all to see, crapping on the floor and then saying "really, Father, I've never done this before but I found that sermon to be offensive!"

Or it could've been like authoring a post about a coach being the biggest hypocrite/phony ever, because of your perception that his comments are not consistant with being a Christian. Then using your own religious beliefs as a means to say you would never do what he did, hence putting yourself above said coach while trying to denigrate him.

Hypocrisy abounds.

Back