Is this really surprising?

vertigho

Reaction score
We knew this team was decimated by injury, was overachieving for the past few weeks, and was due for a loss. Throw on top of that, the game was in Miami, a place where we have notoriously struggled, along with the fact that this game was a MUST HAVE for the Dolphins, and it's not terribly surprising that we'd lose this one.

That doesn't take away the sting, of course. A win tonight, a chance ot lock-up the division and take command of the #1 seed... yeah, it blows to lose. But, the good new is that this team is still a near-lock to make the postseason, and as we've seen in recent years, the best regular season team isn't necessarily the one who will win the Super Bowl. In fact, the underdogs in the 3-6 seed range have seen success recently. Just get in, that's all that matters. From that point on, it's 3-4 game season. I like how we match up against Denver, I think we could trip-up Cincy in a rematch, we're due to beat Baltimore, and Kansas City can be had.

Forgive the rambling... all I'm trying to say is:

We lost, but I think most could've seen this coming. This isn't a "bad" loss. No shame in losing to a division rival on the road, in a game they had to win.

We'll still be in the postseason, and that's what matters the most.

To elaborate on the above, once you're in, you have as good as chance as any. There is no dominant team, no one is unbeatable. As mentally tough as this team is, and as much adversity as they have struggled through, I like their chances as good as any other team come January.

I see a bunch of doom, gloom, and anger over this game... and understandably so. But hopefully after cooling off, having a drink, smoke, or toke, and gaining some perspective and exercising rational thought, we can realize that this isn't worth getting worked up over. I'll save my stress, anxiety and doom/gloom for a hypothetical postseason loss (strictly hypothetical :) ).

We knew this team was decimated by injury, was overachieving for the past few weeks, and was due for a loss. Throw on top of that, the game was in Miami, a place where we have notoriously struggled, along with the fact that this game was a MUST HAVE for the Dolphins, and it's not terribly surprising that we'd lose this one.

That doesn't take away the sting, of course. A win tonight, a chance ot lock-up the division and take command of the #1 seed... yeah, it blows to lose. But, the good new is that this team is still a near-lock to make the postseason, and as we've seen in recent years, the best regular season team isn't necessarily the one who will win the Super Bowl. In fact, the underdogs in the 3-6 seed range have seen success recently. Just get in, that's all that matters. From that point on, it's 3-4 game season. I like how we match up against Denver, I think we could trip-up Cincy in a rematch, we're due to beat Baltimore, and Kansas City can be had.

Forgive the rambling... all I'm trying to say is:

We lost, but I think most could've seen this coming. This isn't a "bad" loss. No shame in losing to a division rival on the road, in a game they had to win.

We'll still be in the postseason, and that's what matters the most.

To elaborate on the above, once you're in, you have as good as chance as any. There is no dominant team, no one is unbeatable. As mentally tough as this team is, and as much adversity as they have struggled through, I like their chances as good as any other team come January.

I see a bunch of doom, gloom, and anger over this game... and understandably so. But hopefully after cooling off, having a drink, smoke, or toke, and showing some perspective and exercising rational thought, we can realize that this isn't worth getting worked up over. I'll save my stress, anxiety and doom/gloom for a hypothetical postseason loss (strictly hypothetical :) ).

I am not mad at this team, they have fought their asses off despite everything that has happened. I am mad that they lost, but not at them.

It just blows monkey balls giving Denver back the #1 seed and likely being the 3 seed. Don't know if it will even matter in the end. Too many injuries.
Posted via Mobile Device

The team is on my shit list right now. If they win next week, they are no longer on my shit list. :coffee:

I just have to avoid the media all week, which is probably a good thing.

It just blows monkey balls giving Denver back the #1 seed and likely being the 3 seed. Don't know if it will even matter in the end. Too many injuries.
Posted via Mobile Device

Considering all this team has gone through, the #1 seed, homefield advantage and a first-round bye would've been too perfect. I tend to think if this team is going to win the Super Bowl, they're going to have to do it the hard way.

A division loss on the road while playing with 7 healthy people isn't the worst thing in the world.

I think I'm more annoyed that I have to root for the tRapist tonight.

Miami has been playing well recently.

Vegas odds started out with Pats as 3 pt favorites and ended up today with the Dolphins as 2 point favorites.

The bettors knew.

Nevertheless, the Pats started out well and had opportunities to win.
Solder's injury really hurt the OL.
Ghost's missed FG was unusual for him.
Ghost's KO OOB was unusual for him.
Defense played ok overall but didn't make stops when it mattered most.

Miami has been playing well recently.

Vegas odds started out with Pats as 3 pt favorites and ended up today with the Dolphins as 2 point favorites.

The bettors knew.

Nevertheless, the Pats started out well and had opportunities to win.
Solder's injury really hurt the OL.
Ghost's missed FG was unusual for him.
Ghost's KO OOB was unusual for him.
Defense played ok overall but didn't make stops when it mattered most.

Yeah, pretty much spot on.

A frustrating loss, no doubt. But, relatively speaking, not a huge deal. The Pats didn't play great on the road, against a good team who they always struggle against. Today the Dolphins were the slightly better team. It happens. We're 10-4 and will make the postseason. Onto Baltimore!

Posted via Mobile Device
I think it's wonderful! Really enjoyed the game today. I am confused though that your comment does not match up with your "mood". I am thinking that you might be just a little, just a little, a closet Miami fan?
You came up short today, couldn't last forever. Now back to work trying to find the red zone answer for Gronk.

I think it's wonderful! Really enjoyed the game today. I am confused though that your comment does not match up with your "mood". I am thinking that you might be just a little, just a little, a closet Miami fan?
You came up short today, couldn't last forever. Now back to work trying to find the red zone answer for Gronk.

At least we didn't lose at home. Now **** off you desert rat.

Finding an answer for Gronk will be a whole lot easier than finding an answer for PeyPal sucking in big games and for Denver going 1 and done again.

And where were you last week when your precious Peyton choked at home against the Chargers?? You think that Manning won't choke again when it counts? He will don't worry. And as far as a closet Miami fan, hope that was sarcasm.

This dude should be an assclown. He only comes around when he feels he can rub it in. GFY

[/b]

Finding an answer for Gronk will be a whole lot easier than finding an answer for PeyPal sucking in big games and for Denver going 1 and done again.
Unfortunately, the slide will continue with Cincy winning tonite and your back to back loss to the RatBirds. I'm thinking all the heroic talk about not being afraid to come to Denver won't even happen now. I really hope not, love to see a re-match.

Unfortunately, the slide will continue with Cincy winning tonite and your back to back loss to the RatBirds. I'm thinking all the heroic talk about not being afraid to come to Denver won't even happen now. I really hope not, love to see a re-match.

Lmao. YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND. Assclown

Aw, even though I answered your question, you answered mine before you got a chance to understand what I said. I'll make it simpler for you.

PeyPal has a history of 1 and done in high pressure games and especially in bad weather. What's your answer for that?

Aw, even though I answered your question, you answered mine before you got a chance to understand what I said. I'll make it simpler for you.

PeyPal has a history of 1 and done in high pressure games and especially in bad weather. What's your answer for that?

......looks like it's the standard Manning fan "LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

......looks like it's the standard Manning fan "LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
Betcha the "One and Done" title finds a new home in Foxborough this post season. I would be dissappointed though, as I was really looking forward to you guys coming to Denver for a little payback.

Back