It's Mayo

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
According to ESPN, Mayo will be named as the Patriots new HC.
Can't link it as I have to run for test.

DMac on NFL Network says he's a great hire. I worry about his lack of experience as a HC, no coaching experience on offense and he's never been with any other team.

Maybe the GM will come from another team to bring an outside pov. Inbreeding isn't a good thing.

And Reiss is on the radio right now saying they are gonna keep personal decisions in house and they’ve already done their scouting for this years draft. He is saying Mayo may talk to some guys he likes for the next GM.
My God, we jumped out of the pot into the fire. This is flat out awful. What are we going to find out next? Belichick is going to stay on as GM?
What the Hell is Kraft thinking? We needed an offensive guy. Is this a diversity hire?

We have no GM and a HC without any experience other than under BB's wing.

Unless Kraft plans to surround Mayo with a ton of experienced coaches, color me deeply skeptical this will pan out.

DMac on NFL Network says he's a great hire. I worry about his lack of experience as a HC, no coaching experience on offense and he's never been with any other team.

Maybe the GM will come from another team to bring an outside pov. Inbreeding isn't a good thing.

I think Mayo will be aware of his limitations, and I'd hope that he'll try to move away from coaches coming solely from within the organisation. I think that if we want to improve offensively, that Bill O'Brien needs to be replaced as OC, if so, I'd hope they look to the college game for a replacement there.

And Reiss is on the radio right now saying they are gonna keep personal decisions in house and they’ve already done their scouting for this years draft. He is saying Mayo may talk to some guys he likes for the next GM.
My God, we jumped out of the pot into the fire. This is flat out awful. What are we going to find out next? Belichick is going to stay on as GM?
What the Hell is Kraft thinking? We needed an offensive guy. Is this a diversity hire?
So they're going to use the work of the guy they just fired for the draft.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

If this is the case, it's like cutting the head off a dragon and hoping its agonizing body will still work out.

Back