Jacksonville pregame thread

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought this would be a good place to post thoughts on this game in one place.

This team scares me. Look at their last 5 games:

Sun 11/9 Indianapolis W 28-23
Sun 11/16 at Tennessee L 3-10
Sun 11/23 at NY Jets L 10-13
Sun 11/30 Tampa Bay W 17-10
Sun 12/7 Houston W 27-0

They beat Indy, held McNair and TN to only 10 points, barely lost to the Pennington led Jets, beat Tampa, and just walked all over Houston - a team the Pats had some problems with.

I think the Pats will confuse Leftwich a bit and limit Taylor, but I also think the Pats will have trouble against the Jaguars defense. I see another low scoring game, but with the Pats in the cold at home coming out on top again. Pencil me in for Pats - 13, Jaguars - 6.

This game scares me too....

My thoughts are very similar; that we'll totally confuse Leftwich and have probs with their defense. Another low scoring one. I hate those damn games - too hard on the ticker....

The jets? Wow... The Texans? Without dominick davis or david carr, or tony banks? The Marvinless colts? And the pats are lucky? This team gets all the breaks!

Notice one other trend, wins at home, losses on the road.

Every team must be respected and BB and the boys WILL NOT take this team lightly. However, the cold (30's at game time) and Gillette crowd will be a little intimidating for a young team.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?

Can't believe I picked the Pats....don't mess with the mojo jojo juju man....

Jaguars - 35
Pats - 3

Hope the boys don't forget to have a hearty breakfast before the game. We're going to need all the green clovers we can find to escape the Jags with a W.

Jags 92
Pats 2

Hawg, I agree. We'll need to get extra flukey lucky to beat the Jags.

Jags 72
Pats 9

Here is a fluke to symbolize our lucky, flukey Patriots.

I'm partial to the intestinal fluke myself ;)

intestinal-fluke.jpg

I love this quote from Woody

Great work ethic and preparedness.

The approach that we take is that each game is like an individual season,” guard Damien Woody said. “That's the way we look at it. We prepare that way. We don't look ahead. There is no point. We are going to prepare and game plan and put all of our energy into that one team. Then after the game we are going to reload because really that's the only way you should look at it. It's just 16 individual seasons. That's the way I look at it throughout this whole thing. This week we have Jacksonville and we just got finished looking at tape on those guys and they thoroughly manhandled Tampa Bay and blanked the Texans. Those guys are no joke so we have to be ready to go.

He makes a good point in that the Jags manhandled Tampa and Houston. They're a scary and pretty confident bunch right now. With young Leftwich at QB, the team seems to be rallying and proving points moving toward next season. They have nothing to lose and they are playing that way.

Re: I love this quote from Woody

pookie said:
Great work ethic and preparedness.

He makes a good point in that the Jags manhandled Tampa and Houston. They're a scary and pretty confident bunch right now. With young Leftwich at QB, the team seems to be rallying and proving points moving toward next season. They have nothing to lose and they are playing that way.

Leftwich is interesting and seems to follow a boneheaded rookie mistake with a beautiful downfield completion. Not sure how much we can screw with this guy, but we probably can.

I heard a tip from a Virginia Tech fan that when Leftwich came to town the locals used to serenade him with hundreds of "turkey calls" and that seemed to really bother him. I'm not sure exactly why, but he was saying it's a surefire way to get in his head.

Just a little tip for those going to Gillette Sunday - pick up a turkey call at your local Walmart and help us get to 12-2.

Patriots fans follow up snowscapades with a Turkey talk jamboree! I like it, Go Pats!!!

It's not enough to yell and scream, etc...

at the game? Now I've got to pick up a "turkey call"?

Sounds like a plan..........

Jaguars 69-0

Re: Re: I love this quote from Woody

Hawg73 said:
I heard a tip from a Virginia Tech fan that when Leftwich came to town the locals used to serenade him with hundreds of "turkey calls" and that seemed to really bother him. I'm not sure exactly why, but he was saying it's a surefire way to get in his head.

I love it. Damn, I wish I was going. I once was at an roller hockey game and they made the mistake of giving out kazoos. We got our whole section playing along with the national anthem in unison, it was hilarious. Turkey calls are good, but I still think that the bagpipes are the way to go. The less you know about them the better. I would imagine that nothing wails quite like the sound of bagpipes in the hands of a true amateur.

Go with the turkey call. Now that would be some funny stuff! :thumb: :jester:

News this morning for those who may not have heard:

Troy is active
Bethel is inactive

for today's game.

Back