Jail Breaking an Amazon Firestick

Ok, I am still using Kodi with Gaia and Seren. Also got Real Debrid a few months ago. Makes a big difference search results. I may have to look into this Cinema APK.

PF64, What did you tweak at Real Debrid?

Settings in Cinema APK where all they offer are RD selections. Also, auto play the next episode in APK for television shows.

Using the No Limits Kodi build and still trying to figure out how to set up RD here.

I'll look into Real Debrid. I've been very happy with Cinema, though. No issues and I watch movies that are currently in theaters.

I was using an IPTV app called KS (Kodi Solutions) but never seemed to get it going. They ended up shutting down.

Downloaded an app called Area 51 ($7.00 per month) and I spent the better part of Saturday afternoon working through the kinks. Great app. I get all the NBA, NHL, MLB regular season games and I'm sure I'll get the NFL games. There are UK sports, Canadian sports, News channels, free locals from around the US. NESN is a part of the package. Lots of good stuff.

Oh and there is a pr0n section. 7 or 8 channels but only 3 or 4 worked while I was checking it out.

Settings in Cinema APK where all they offer are RD selections. Also, auto play the next episode in APK for television shows.

Using the No Limits Kodi build and still trying to figure out how to set up RD here.
Yes, there is nothing in jailbreaking your firestick, just sideload the Cinema HD app to Firestick using any browser/file manager is enough.

Website:- Cinema HD APK V2.3.6.1 - Download Cinema APK Latest Version

I don't think I really paid attention with my Firestick, I'll have to dig it out and check, is Audio Output. The apps I stream with, my IPTV on Tivimate and Cinema nd YouTube show PCM on my Sound Bar (Polk Magnifi-Max Sr. connected via HDMI Arc) indicator light. Prime is 5.1 Dolby Digitial. Plex is PCM - which I hadn't really used yet. All my settings are set correct, AFAIK.

So I searched nVidia Pro Sheild "YouTube not 5.1" and found a lot of people posting about it and that YT just doesn't output 5.1. One post said it does on his LG OLED so I went to the YT App on my LG and boom! 5.1, not to mention, the picture when I did a search for 4K was breathtaking! Much better than the app on the Sheild. Also, Plex and Amazon Music (Also PCM on the Shield) were in 5.1 DD. Although Amazon Music on the LG is a shitty app.

Now, am I doing something wrong with the Shield or did I drop $200.00 on something that's not living up to expectations?

No.

AndoidTV is often the red headed step child. There is no 5.1 from YouTube on the shield, even on the 2019 version.

Though with the other ones you are getting pcm on it may be worth it to check the audio settings on the shield. I don't care about it on YouTube, so it hasn't bothered me much, but I get 5.1 fine on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and my grey market app on the shield.

And the shield interface is so much better than everything else imo.

No.

AndoidTV is often the red headed step child. There is no 5.1 from YouTube on the shield, even on the 2019 version.

Though with the other ones you are getting pcm on it may be worth it to check the audio settings on the shield. I don't care about it on YouTube, so it hasn't bothered me much, but I get 5.1 fine on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and my grey market app on the shield.

And the shield interface is so much better than everything else imo.
True that. Amazon is the only one of those I use and it's definitely 5.1.
The other is the resolution. Doesn't the Shield support HDR? I mean the AI Upscaling is nice on the 1080 apps, but YT looks much better on my Firestick 4K and better still on the LG App than the Shield

True that. Amazon is the only one of those I use and it's definitely 5.1.
The other is the resolution. Doesn't the Shield support HDR? I mean the AI Upscaling is nice on the 1080 apps, but YT looks much better on my Firestick 4K and better still on the LG App than the Shield
Do you have the 2015, 2017, or 2019 version?

I have the 2019 and it supports Dolby Vision and HDR 10.

Just not on YouTube. Lol.

Sent from my Commodore VIC 20 using Tapatalk

Back