Jarrett Stidham Is Turning Heads

The best part for the time being is that it puts pressure on Brady. Even though Stidham has no chance to start, just the fact that hes performing so well in training camp and preaseason is going to give Brady that extra motivation to play better. The last thing Brady wants is to be the old man being outplayed by the youngster even if it’s just practice.. he is the ultimate competitor and has to be the best.

FAN(ATIC)S are quick to blow a load all over a player way to early but it is what we do.

What I want is excitement because that excitement for a player drives Tom Brady to play better and competition is a positive thing for everyone.

Would people prefer that he looked like shit?

I mean, if a rookie performs well, we're supposed to feel good about it. You might have a keeper on your hands who outperforms where he was drafted, which is always good.

There are legitimate "pump the brakes" criticisms, but there are also other people who just want to tamp down everyone's fun and excitement. You can catapult those people into the Sun.

I mean, if a rookie performs well, we're supposed to feel good about it. You might have a keeper on your hands who outperforms where he was drafted, which is always good.

There are legitimate "pump the brakes" criticisms, but there are also other people who just want to tamp down everyone's fun and excitement. You can catapult those people into the Sun.

Exactly. I hope Stidham is the real deal and the Pats have an option as soon as next year with Brady. If Belichick feels he's ready to take over in 2020, he will. I would hope this motivates Brady to continue to be Tom Brady this season.

at times I think the "all praise Tom" blind Homers do, crazy but true.

Exactly. I hope Stidham is the real deal and the Pats have an option as soon as next year with Brady. If Belichick feels he's ready to take over in 2020, he will. I would hope this motivates Brady to continue to be Tom Brady this season.
exactly, Tom excels with competition.

The problem with cautious optimism is that you never get to be excited over a new player and watch him do well.
Who says I never get excited about a new player? As much as I love people telling me how I should feel I'm going to refrain from getting excited about this one player for now.

these preseason games are kinda painful with a penalty on almost every play.
Also Kyler Murray is going to have a long year with the Cardinals... they suck!
Hope he survives long enough to see what he can do in a few years

I think we can agree that Stidham is a work in progress and that the potential is there for him to grow into something special in time.

By all accounts he checks a lot of boxes - he's mature, he works hard, he's accurate (71% comp. rate in training camp against our DBs) and has physical gifts. He's a good locker room influence & players are drawn to him. More importantly, he's smart enough to learn the game & he's dedicated to that.

It's way too early to call Stidham the heir apparent. It's also too early to say he will replace Hoyer (especially with Hoyer playing so well vs Detroit). In the big picture that's not even important - the real question is if he has the potential to develop into a successful Patriots QB. So far the answer is yes, he has potential.

I'm encouraged that Jeff Howe says he's ahead of JimmyG at this point.

"He already looks ahead of where Jimmy Garoppolo was at this point of his 2014 rookie season, as Stidham makes a few highlight-reel throws during most of his workouts and performs with enough consistency to suggest this isn’t a fluke.
Bill Belichick and the coaching staff have also given Stidham a handful of opportunities to work with the first-team offense and defense, something that never happened during the summer for recent draft picks Jacoby Brissett and Danny Etling. And it took quite a while for Garoppolo to earn that type of trust at practice."

JG was not a good practice QB. lol. He looked fine to me, Stidham. Didn't look to big for him, he has zip on the ball, moved very well. Its so hard to tell in the preseason. Mike Glennon is ripping it up right now in this game I am watching, but I think he has the checkmarks as you said so far. Experience will be key. Hope we blow a few out this year so he can get in some real games.

FAN(ATIC)S are quick to blow a load all over a player way to early but it is what we do.

What I want is excitement because that excitement for a player drives Tom Brady to play better and competition is a positive thing for everyone.

i have no problem with fans blowing their loads as you said...

the article is way.way.too.soon is all

at times I think the "all praise Tom" blind Homers do, crazy but true.

exactly, Tom excels with competition.

I am not sure what motivation Brady has at this point. The Boston media is crap to him, more people than not want him to retire, and he cannot sell his house without 50 stories coming out, so I think it might be more than some new guy, but I have no idea what it is. I would have quit after the atlanta superbowl.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I never really seen him play...yet.

Will TFB ever retire? :coffee:

Well I mean he has been on the team for about 3 months. so....

Stidham was a 4th rounder.

Bradford 1 overall I think.

Totally different animal. This is a developmental investment.

And from everything I’ve heard his throwing motion and mechanics were light years ahead of everyone in this past class. His accuracy was a bit in question, but so far he’s showing major improvements and posted a 71% completion percentage that could’ve been even higher if not for bad drops.

I hope TB has 2 more in him and the kid will be a polished product by then.

There is no way in hell I want Brady to play two more years. I was hoping he retired before this year. 1 year is enough for players these days. Im thinking next year is time, hopefully brady is too. Sink or swim time.

The best part for the time being is that it puts pressure on Brady. Even though Stidham has no chance to start, just the fact that hes performing so well in training camp and preaseason is going to give Brady that extra motivation to play better. The last thing Brady wants is to be the old man being outplayed by the youngster even if it’s just practice.. he is the ultimate competitor and has to be the best.

i agree 100% with this...BB has talked endlessly about roster depth/competition, and that is one of the best things the pats have done to sustain this run...

There is no way in hell I want Brady to play two more years. I was hoping he retired before this year. 1 year is enough for players these days. Im thinking next year is time, hopefully brady is too. Sink or swim time.

9ZOgqGO.png

LOL Brady is definitely not retiring after this year. How could you want the GOAT to retire??

LOL Brady is definitely not retiring after this year. How could you want the GOAT to retire??

Because nothing really left to prove and the media is a frenzy to this point I cannot even turn on my radio anymore. OMG Brady is selling his house...OMG Brady cheered louder for one QB over the other in preseason. Just tired of it. I am welcoming the new blood and starting over.

Because nothing really left to prove and the media is a frenzy to this point I cannot even turn on my radio anymore. OMG Brady is selling his house...OMG Brady cheered louder for one QB over the other in preseason. Just tired of it. I am welcoming the new blood and starting over.

Who cares about the media? They're just trying to get clicks and ratings. It's just stuff to laugh at. Tom is more than capable of leading this team to another SB or 2. I can't imagine anyone not wanting more rings.

Because nothing really left to prove and the media is a frenzy to this point I cannot even turn on my radio anymore.

"Nothing left to prove" is itself a half-baked media narrative. Prove what to whom? Tom's still playing because he loves playing football.

The best compromise is Tom keeps playing and winning, and you turn your radio off because the radio sucks and won't get better no matter who the QB is. Ignore the media and tell them to screw. If Stidham started tomorrow, they'd pull the same shit they always pull, just from a different angle. Tom retiring wont "fix" your radio. it's been dead for years and is never getting resurrected.

Who says I never get excited about a new player? As much as I love people telling me how I should feel I'm going to refrain from getting excited about this one player for now.
"It's Chinatown, Jake."

Back