Jerry Thornton's Patriots Insider Source

93North

19.2 Yard Average Per Catch. NFL Record
Reaction score
Jerry Thornton correctly predicted the Patriots 2014 #1 Draft Choice.
Who predicts such an obscure pick?

Last week, WEEI's Kirk Minnehan accused Jerry Thorton of having an source inside the Patriots Inner Circle.

Over the weekend, Thorton said on WEEI that the Patriots were blown away by Manziel's command of X's and O's,
during his pre-draft visit with the Patriots. Clearly, Thorton has a source.

I thought about who Thorton's inside source could be.

I think the source is Brian Daboll. He's served under Belichick for 8 years (two tours of duty). He looks like the kind of guy who would enjoy Bar Stool Sports.

and in 2006 Thorton wrote this about Chad Jackson.

Anything there that receivers coach Brian Daboll can't correct?

So, Thornton is a fan of Daboll

There you have it... complete speculation.

Kirk Minnehan is a bigger pantload than Andy Gresch. You are fool to believe anything that idiot has to say.

Kirk Minnehan is a bigger pantload than Andy Gresch. You are fool to believe anything that idiot has to say.

Both Gresch and Minnehan get paid to talk about football. How about you?

Is it a surprise that he's on? He's been doing this for awhile now. He has a pinned thread above.

Either Jerry is on the airwaves more or I just happen to be listening when he's on.
he is on a lot more, if I remember correctly he left the friday afternoon 2:45 pm spot with felger and mazz to work on WEEI & on teh new Big Show. Well deserved promotion if I may say so.

He has filled in on various days and does some weekend spots too.

as for his source I have to think it is just good reporting and the installation of Bugs in the coaches offices,

he is on a lot more, if I remember correctly he left the friday afternoon 2:45 pm spot with felger and mazz to work on WEEI & on teh new Big Show. Well deserved promotion if I may say so.

He has filled in on various days and does some weekend spots too.

as for his source I have to think it is just good reporting and the installation of Bugs in the coaches offices,

In addition to in-season pre and post games on CSNNE.

Will, you almost sound accusatory about Jerry. He has gained a wide following and garnered support from a lot of different on and off-air sports guys, well deserved. And whether he does or doesnt have a "source" isn't an issue. His pick isn't surprising to me because he knows a lot more about football than any of us could ever dream of knowing. His pick of Easley was long before the Patriots had even narrowed down their draft board. Sheer speculation and good guessing on his part, and a genuine knowledge of who and what the Pats might do.

And I'm very protective of Jerry as he's a good friend of mine. So if you're accusing him of some sneakery, I'm not on board with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forum Runner

And I'm very protective of Jerry as he's a good friend of mine. So if you're accusing him of some sneakery, I'm not on board with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forum Runner

No one is accusing him of sneakery :) Jerry doesn't know enough about football to read Belichick's mind. Someone leaked to Jerry the Pats #1 pick and he wrote it.

Jerry has a great source. Good for him !

One Genius in New England is enough :0

I agree with Lisa about your tone. It sounds like you are discounting his professional talent.

Why is it no one could accept that a guy might just be mighty smart and figured things out without an "inside source"?

So, When Jerry Thorton said (on WEEI this weekend) that the Partiots were blown away by Manziel's knowledge of X's and O's...

was Jerry just being mighty smart?

So, When Jerry Thorton said (on WEEI this weekend) that the Partiots were blown away by Manziel's knowledge of X's and O's...

was Jerry just being might smart?

No. That was well known and posted by Bert Breer, I think, several weeks ago, and I posted it here. That was not inside knowledge. But he does have a memory to remember every fact about everything, no matter how trivial it is.

No. That was well known and posted by Bert Breer, I think, several weeks ago, and I posted it here. That was not inside knowledge. But he does have a memory to remember every fact about everything, no matter how trivial it is.

So, Breer is the source.

When I see Breer standing in the end zone, near the militia, before Patriot home games, I think.... why would anyone in their right mind tell that guy anything :)
He's a bit of a doink.

Seriously... I had not heard that, nor did read your post. That's interesting. Now I am wondering where Breer got it from.

Belichick prides himself on shutting out the media, but somebody on his staff is talking.

So, Breer is the source.

When I see Breer standing in the end zone, near the militia, before Patriot home games, I think.... why would anyone in their right mind tell that guy anything :)
He's a bit of a doink.

Seriously... I had not heard that, nor did read your post. That's interesting. Now I am wondering where Breer got it from.

Belichick prides himself on shutting out the media, but somebody on his staff is talking.
If an agents drops a bit of "BB loves the smarts of Johnny Football" it is quite possible other teams will look into him a little differently, plus I bet BB was in the know that Manzel was going to drop and interest shown in him could alter another teams draft process to jump over them to take him over a player BB really wants like kneesley

was Jerry just being mighty smart?

No, he was being wicked smaht :coffee:

Back