Jet #2 Post-game thread

Like I said about this last week, I am not mad it was called, I'm mad it wasn't called any other time ever if it was such an emhasis. The fact of the matter is the Pats DID deserve the penalty by the letter of the rule.
What I will never ever ever EVER get over is "faceguarding". That was a flat MADE UP CALL.

Yeah, 'made up' as in: faceguarding isn't illegal in the NFL (or at least it wasn't at the time, not sure about now). As long as you aren't touching the receiver, you can faceguard the hell out of them. That one was mind-blowing.

Yeah, 'made up' as in: faceguarding isn't illegal in the NFL (or at least it wasn't at the time, not sure about now). As long as you aren't touching the receiver, you can faceguard the hell out of them. That one was mind-blowing.

Still legal. Was illegal until 2001, I think.

Also when I read that this was a player driven new rule, I definitely appreciated the "whatever" of it's being a former Patriot player who drove this change (Will Montgomery).

NE deserved to lose, after looking like a high school team for the entire third quarter. But I have no interest in an NFL product that can be decided in that manner. I'm sure this self-impose ban will end at some point, but for now, I'm out.

After last night I'm afraid your self-imposed ban is going to continue a little longer.

I hope not.

After last night I'm afraid your self-imposed ban is going to continue a little longer.

I hope not.

Was wondering about Oswelk myself. If the Pats cut down on their own mistakes they win going away. And no ol breakdown like against the Jets. All in all the Pats are looking good.

Back