Jet #2 Post-game thread

Its happened....in fact just to ruin the suspense, everything has pretty much happened before. Including 4 int games...

When has Brady had 3 game stretch like this before? I know he's had some horrible individual games before, but in the past, he typically bounced back and played well after a bad game.

FWIW, I'm going with, he's playing hurt.

When has Brady had 3 game stretch like this before? I know he's had some horrible individual games before, but in the past, he typically bounced back and played well after a bad game.

I'm going with, there are several things on the offense not playing well besides Brady. When has Brady taken 4 sacks in back to back weeks before? When has the Pats lead the league in drops? Brady has been sacked 20 times through 7 games, when was the last time that happened?

I'm going with, there are several things on the offense not playing well besides Brady. When has Brady taken 4 sacks in back to back weeks before? When has the Pats lead the league in drops? Brady has been sacked 20 times through 7 games, when was the last time that happened?

It sounds like you don't know the answer to my question (which was when has Brady had a 3 game stretch like this before), and my guess is because it's never happened before.

As for the o-line, I've already said they played bad (and especially Nate Solder, who is the left tackle and thus is supposed to be the best lineman, but has looked clueless at times). I don't know if the o-line has been this bad since possibly BB's first year here (after which he cleaned house).

It sounds like you don't know the answer to my question (which was when has Brady had a 3 game stretch like this before), and my guess is because it's never happened before.

As for the o-line, I've already said they played bad (and especially Nate Solder, who is the left tackle and thus is supposed to be the best lineman, but has looked clueless at times). I don't know if the o-line has been this bad since possibly BB's first year here (after which he cleaned house).

I don't know the answer because I did not go look it up. Here give me a sec....

Ok Here is a list of a few off 3 game goes. I did not look at 2001 as it was his first year.

2002 last 3 games of season
14-29 134 yards 0 td's 1 int 47 Qb rating
19-37 133 yards 1 td 1 int 57 Qb rating
25-44 221 yards 1 td 1 ints 68 Qb rating

Looks like a lot of bad 2 game stretches over the years, some horrid 2 game stretches. Now, with that said, we have played 3 of the best defensive fronts in the NFL in the lat 3 weeks. In those 3 games Brady has been sacked 12 times....(thats 4 a game) I looked back and I could not find a 3 game stretch of that. So like I said....Brady is off....so are other things that they all affect each other.

Is he hurt or does it have more to do with all the new receivers he's throwing to or is it just age starting to creep up on him? It's strange to see him struggle like he has this season.
Posted via Mobile Device

Is he hurt or does it have more to do with all the new receivers he's throwing to or is it just age starting to creep up on him? It's strange to see him struggle like he has this season.
Posted via Mobile Device
One theory: his hairplugs have pulled his facial skin so tight that his peripheral vision has been affected and is now is now a weakness rather than a strength. :D

Posted via Mobile Device
I think he is hurt, but he'll never say anything about it. For all the metrosexual stuff with Brady, he actually is a tough mofo. He plays through anything he can, and never uses injuries as an excuse.

Posted via Mobile Device
he admitted to needing thereapy on his hand on the radio this morning, to me that is a huge acknowledgement of an injury by a Pats player.

he admitted to needing thereapy on his hand on the radio this morning, to me that is a huge acknowledgement of an injury by a Pats player.

Actually for a pats player that is admitting they are cutting the hand off.

I think he is hurt, but he'll never say anything about it. For all the metrosexual stuff with Brady, he actually is a tough mofo. He plays through anything he can, and never uses injuries as an excuse.

Do you remember...I can't remember the year, where he had a sports hernia which I hear hurt pretty bad, and a lot of his throws were going high and we all kept wondering what was wrong and why his throws were high....we did not even find out about the thing till he had surgery on it. I guess though, what is worse he is injured or he is just off?

I agree their is something bothering him. If not, his throws would be on the money .....and he would be hitting his receivers

That makes sense because he's definitely not been himself this season. True he has new receivers but he seems to be overthrowing a lot so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

That makes sense because he's definitely not been himself this season. True he has new receivers but he seems to be overthrowing a lot so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
he under threw two to gronk early yesterday, a sideline and a seem... then later, after his paw was whacked he went long, high, releasing the ball too early because he couldn't grip it properly...

I must have stayed in a holiday inn express last night I am so right...

he under threw two to gronk early yesterday, a sideline and a seem... then later, after his paw was whacked he went long, high, releasing the ball too early because he couldn't grip it properly...

I must have stayed in a holiday inn express last night I am so right...

Pass looked good on that float to Bolden....where the refs decided Gronk being manhandled by a defender meant OPI.

Middy even a blind squirrell will find a nut or I will make a valid point once in a while so that one pass was the exception, not the rule.

I was just trying to say that I did not like the call, but when we have to start referring to a good pass as a blind squirrel finding a nut, I think you guys have went a bit off the deep end.

I was just trying to say that I did not like the call, but when we have to start referring to a good pass as a blind squirrel finding a nut, I think you guys have went a bit off the deep end.
middy re-read what I said, then pause to see if I may be joking around....

Middy
ky50a69dec.jpg

Me
bth_LightenUpFrancis_zpsaad5b913.jpg

:coffee:

Nick Underhill's grades for the Pats

QUARTERBACKS: D
Brady showed poor mechanics on a number of his passes, which caused problems with his accuracy and velocity. The most problematic of the lot came on the second-quarter interception. Brady appeared to get no drive off his back leg and slowly progressed through his throwing motion, which ended with his upper body kind of falling over his front leg as he released the ball. As a result, the ball didn't go where he wanted and it was easily intercepted. There was a somewhat uncomfortable situation to his left with Nate Solder blocking Quinton Coples, though it's not clear how much that affected the play. ... Brady was stripped sack on the first play of the third quarter and then threw a pick-six on the next. Neither play featured egregious errors from those around him. He had 2.90 seconds to get rid of the ball before being sacked, and released the intercepted pass in 2.56 seconds, but all the good will the offense accumulated in the first half evaporated as Brady walked to the sidelines. Brady never appeared comfortable during the second half and had trouble finding his marks despite being granted an average of 2.49 seconds to throw. On a fourth quarter pass that was thrown behind Kenbrell Thompkins, Brady was granted more than six seconds to get rid of the ball and was unable to find his mark. ... Brady missed another pass on the fake double reverse the Patriots seem to run every week. The play rarely works and you have to wonder why it continues to be called.
RECEIVERS: C
Gronkowski rarely split out last season, logging 18 snaps as an outside receiver through all of the 2012 season, but on Sunday he lined up as a wide receiver eight times. The offensive schemes have changed since last season, though some of this could have been to keep him out of the fray. The tight end logged 51 snaps, nine as a run blocker. He logged a key block on Jets safety Antonio Allen that helped get Brandon Bolden into the end zone for New England's first touchdown. Gronkowski fought through a tough jam from Coples to get free for a 30-yard reception in the first quarter. He was targeted a team-high 17 times, giving Brady the security blanket he's lacked, but at times it came at the expense of the offense as Brady missed open receivers by forcing the tight end the ball. ... Kenbrell Thompkins had a tough time getting open against Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie, making two catches on five targets despite logging 73 snaps. ... Dobson, who most often lined up across from Jets rookie Dee Milliner, did another good job getting open throughout the game. Despite playing 45 snaps, he was targeted seven times, which was equal with Edelman (72 snaps).
RUNNING BACKS: C
Hard to knock the running backs for only gaining a combined 90 yards when the Patriots did not seem committed to the running game. Seemed like going to the ground a few times in the second quarter following a pick-six by cornerback Logan Ryan would have been a good way to give the defense some necessary rest. Instead, the Patriots passed five times and then punted ... Hard to tell if Stevan Ridley's 17-yard touchdown run in the second quarter was a designed counter or not, but he did a good job of taking advantage of what was there. The hole Logan Mankins and Nate Solder opened up on the left side quickly collapsed to the point that fullback James Develin was quickly consumed trying to lead the way through it. Ridley quickly cut back to the right, where Cromartie over pursued coming around the edge, and had a clear path to the end zone. ... The Ridley touchdown was one of the few successful runs New England had Sunday afternoon. The next time Ridley touched the ball, Muhammad Wilkerson stuffed him at the line of scrimmage despite center Ryan Wendell being flagged for holding the defensive lineman. ... Brandon Bolden continues to serve as the chief pass catcher out of the backfield, but he displays questionable hands. Using him in this capacity and Ridley primarily in rushing situations makes the offense transparent at times. Bolden also struggled in blitz pickup, giving up two pressures.
OFFENSIVE LINE: C
The Jets didn't create as much pressure as it appeared on first watch. They blitzed only around a dozen times, more often opting for a three- or four-man rush. Overall, New York generated pressure on only about 10 passing plays, with most of it coming from the right side of the line. Right tackle Sebastian Vollmer gave up two pressures, Dan Connolly was charged for two and center Ryan Wendell surrendered two pressures and two quarterback hits. ... New York made the most of their pressures from the left side of the line, with Nate Solder being beaten twice for a pair of sacks. The first one was the strip-sack of Brady to start the third quarter, where he allowed Coples to come around the edge and get an arm in as Brady prepared to throw. Later in the third quarter, Wilkerson made a quick inside move as he engaged Solder to create a clear path to Brady. ... Damon Harrison pushed Wendell back three yards before stepping around him to take down Brady midway through the third quarter. Wendell was simply overpowered during the play. Wendell was early beaten by Wilkerson, which caused Brady to throw to his check down, and on the play after the sack he allowed a Ridley run to be blown up.
DEFENSIVE LINE: B
Rookie Chris Jones had what may end up being the most impressive sack by a Patriots player this season in the third quarter. He was initially stood up by left guard Brian Winters, but then dropped to the ground and he rolled Winters into Smith. Hard to tell if this planned or he was knocked to the ground and refused to give up. Either way, it was impressive. ...Chandler Jones was fooled by a fake, which allowed a Geno Smith 12-yard gain in the second quarter. Later, in the third quarter, Chandler Jones fought his way through a block from D'Brickshaw Ferguson to bring down Smith. On his first sack, Chandler Jones simply blew by his man to get to Smith. ... Rookie defensive end Michael Buchanan also gave up a big rush to Smith. On third-and-14 with 5:51 remaining in the third quarter, he rushed wide and ended up behind the quarterback. Smith noticed the opening and took off for the first down. Two plays later, Smith ran in it for a touchdown. ... While Chris Jones had the highlight moments, rookie Joe Vellano pieced together a solid performance and was strong against the run.
LINEBACKERS: B
Rookie Jamie Collins only received about 15 snaps, but he shined early in the game. He created pressure off the edge on the first snap, caused an incompletion after stunting behind Chandler Jones to create pressure on Smith, and nearly sacked Smith before an 11-yard completion to Jeremy Kerley. ... Dont'a Hightower was burned badly by tight end Jeff Cumberland on the first play of the game for a 25-yard gain. He also got lost on a touchdown run by Smith in the third quarter. His hesitation gave Smith the space needed to find the end zone. ... Brandon Spikes was later beat by wide receiver Stephen Hill for a 17-yard gain in the second quarter. ... Spikes continues to be one of the best run-stuffers in the game, and it's a big reason why the absences of defensive tackles Vince Wilfork (injured reserve) and Tommy Kelly (knee) hasn't been a bigger deal. Perhaps the best example of this came with 8:41 remaining in the second quarter when he lined up behind the left defensive tackle and shot over to tackle Chris Ivory at the line of scrimmage as he hit a hole between the left tackle and left guard on third-and-1.
SECONDARY: C
Kyle Arrington struggled mightily against Kerley. He was in coverage on the receiver's touchdown in the first quarter when Kerley went up the middle, pushed off Arrington, and had about five yards of separation going to the left corner. The most costly reception, however, may have come on the first play in the second quarter when Kerley ran past Arrington up the middle and cut to the outside where he received a pass on the right sideline for a 22-yard gain on third-and-21. In all, Arrington gave up four receptions on four targets before being replaced by Marquice Cole. ... A breakdown in coverage during the second quarter allowed Stephen Hill to get loose for a 25-yard gain. Gregory jammed Hill at the line of scrimmage before passing him off to Logan Ryan, though Ryan didn't follow him across the middle. ... Devin McCourty showed great instincts in breaking up a pass intended for Cumberland with 5:57 remaining in the third quarter. Lined up on the opposite side of the field, he broke to the other side as soon as he saw Cumberland gain a step on Hightower and arrived just in time to save a touchdown. He later put himself in position to intercept a pass intended for Shuan Hill in the end zone in the fourth quarter, but settled for an interception instead. ... Duron Harmon also had a nice pass breakup over the middle on Hill with 1:17 remaining in the second quarter. ... With Aqib Talib out with a hip injury, Alfonzo Dennard put forth another solid effort and is quietly piecing together a strong season.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/10/grading_the_patriots_vs_jets_t.html

Something to consider

Rex/Jets got our practice squad players in 4 different position groups and still needed a bs call to win

Back