Josh Gordon to IR?

giphy.gif

These injuries may cost us the Super Bowl...

That explains the signing of Sanu. Next man up I guess.

I’m fine with this. He wasn’t impressive at all this year . Whether a lack of conditioning or what, his speed was far down, wasn’t getting separation, etc.

We will be absolutely fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m fine with this. He wasn’t impressive at all this year . Whether a lack of conditioning or what, his speed was far down, wasn’t getting separation, etc.

We will be absolutely fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I feel sorry for Josh Gordon, he's an elite level talent who has never reached his full potential due to a combination of shit luck with injuries and suspensions.

However, let us contrast the loss of Gordon with the fact that Jacobi Meyers appears to have earned Brady's trust, Sanu is a solid addition as well, and obviously the team has confidence in N'Keal Harry's ability to make an impact upon his return.

They're saying he'll be waived. He apparently will work his way back to fitness and will sign with a new team.

He could end up anywhere. Maybe the Bills, Ravens, Cowboys?

He is not going to IR...he is going off the team. He is going to be waived. This isnt an injury thing. They said he was only about a week from being full go.

He wasn't right all year.
I agree, seperation from defenders wasn't there like it was last year. It's too bad, I was hoping he'd turn into that player that would bring his true potential to the field.

A real shame, I would've much rather seen him out there than out on another team, and I feel he's at worst their 3rd best WR. Obviously we're not privy to the stuff which may have happened behind the scenes, but this sucks. Honestly the offense has been so ravaged this year by injuries and cuts, it's a miracle we can still score TDs at all. But hey, in Bill we trust. Here's hoping Sanu can learn fast.

It's a disappointing turn of events, I was rooting for him.
I'm not sure if the Sanu trade is related, but it certainly made the decision easier. Add that Harry will be activated next week and the continued emergence of Meyers, and the receiver room was getting crowded. He certainly hasn't been right. The official word is multiple knee bruises.

Not sure of the difference between IR'ing him and just waiving him. But here's a conspiracy theory...if they waive him with an injury settlement and he clears waivers, can he resign with the Pats? He may be kryptonite for most teams. Is this another loophole that BB could exploit?

I found some answers to my questions:

- If the Pats just cut him before next week's trade deadline, he'd go through waivers and he could be claimed by any team, possibly an AFC competitor.
- By IR'ing him and then waiving him after next week, he's a free agent. At least he can choose his next team.
- The Pats have to wait 6 weeks after waiving him before they could resign him
- Assuming he is still available, they could bring him back some time in December effectively bypassing the 2 recalls.

Back