Just read this article about Lee Bodden...got me psyched for next season

Steve1

Reaction score
http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1327524&srvc=sports&position=4

McCourty was So good, and with Bodden coming back, I think the defensive backfield is going to be great next year. Funny, but it's the first time I've looked forward to next season since the last debacle of a game.

I think the Patriots are going to be just fine next season. When is the draft, the last weekend in April? I'll bet the lockout/whatever it's called is over by then.

Anyway, a great secondary can only help that pass-rush.

It was a blow when he got injured, I am sure he is eager as the articles say as well as his fans are(me being one of them)

What excites me is that it was a shoulder injury that sidelined him, which means his agility should not have suffered, nor his speed as long as he stuck with his regiment (and he seems like the kind of guy who would...chip on his shoulder, hard worker, etc)...him, McCourty, Arrington, Butler, Wilhite is a pretty good secondary top to bottom until the injury bug strikes. Maybe we add one more CB in the low rounds, but I can't see them going CB in the 1st. Which means we'll probably draft CB TE at 17 and 28 if history repeats itself ROFL

What excites me is that it was a shoulder injury that sidelined him, which means his agility should not have suffered, nor his speed as long as he stuck with his regiment (and he seems like the kind of guy who would...chip on his shoulder, hard worker, etc)...him, McCourty, Arrington, Butler, Wilhite is a pretty good secondary top to bottom until the injury bug strikes. Maybe we add one more CB in the low rounds, but I can't see them going CB in the 1st. Which means we'll probably draft CB TE at 17 and 28 if history repeats itself ROFL
NE looked at Amukamara to be prepared at 17, I can see the kid fitting what they do and maybe pushing Bodden to Free Safety - game face Mr. Meriweather, time to play up to your potential and knock-off the free lancing.

NE is targeting some quality mid-round CBs, should be fun.

Hope we get to see him play soon...this is an exciting year (if you ignore the BS...)

It was a blow when he got injured,

It was. Tough to imagine what a difference he could have made... especially in the two losses to the Jets. Bodden on Edwards and McCourty on Holmes would have probably been more successful than Butler.

What sort of got lost last year while the defense showed improvement was Bodden and Ty Warren going down in training camp. It should be really interesting to see how that unit shapes up, depending on who is back and who will (inevitably) go down early on.

I'd still like to see another high-level prospect at the position. They have the picks to use one on a CB somewhere in the first three rounds.

It was. Tough to imagine what a difference he could have made... especially in the two losses to the Jets. Bodden on Edwards and McCourty on Holmes would have probably been more successful than Butler.

I wonder though if McCourty would have been thrown to the wolves so quick if Bodden didnt go down.

Was the article about him sitting around the house twittering and texting the rest of the secondary about how they miss being at practice and playing games each week? yup, that gets me going too......

I wonder though if McCourty would have been thrown to the wolves so quick if Bodden didnt go down.
I think it's safe to say he outplayed Butler from an early point considering Arrington climbed over Butler as well

Everyone but Wilhite outplayed Bulter. I still Hope this was just a Bad sophomore slump for Bulter. He showed promise his rookie year then played like crap the next. I have noticed a trend Wilhite and Bulter had descent rookie years. Fell apart there second year both losing there starting CB jobs.

Everyone but Wilhite outplayed Bulter. I still Hope this was just a Bad sophomore slump for Bulter. He showed promise his rookie year then played like crap the next. I have noticed a trend Wilhite and Bulter had descent rookie years. Fell apart there second year both losing there starting CB jobs.
Except that Wilhite did outplay Butler. Butler didn't enter the equation as the nickle until Wilhite went down.

If BB does draft any CB. One of those two will compete for the final CB spot. Wilhite biggest problems has been he Turns his head tio find out where the football is in the air. Butler gets beat by bigger faster WR's.

Back