Kittens for adoption

JD10367

Reaction score
So we decided to foster cats in our spare bedroom. About 2-1/2 weeks ago we got a mom with her six four-week olds. This past Sunday, when they'd been here two weeks and hit the six-week-old mark, the Providence Animal Rescue League (PARL) took Mom back to spay/foster her while we keep the kittens a few more weeks (until around 4/28) while they "ripen". :) Anyone who's interested can contact them using the info LW posted in the Rescue Animal Thread.

There are two black and whites (one with more white than the other, who is almost black except for half a moustache and a patch on the lower belly). There is one solid black, one white with a gray smudge on the head, one tortoiseshell, and one sealpoint. (Mom was clearly having a sex party because the sealpoint and white definitely have a different father.)

First up is the black and white with more white. He's got a white ring around his neck, and white on the chin but black over both eyes. He looks like Batman, LOL. We call him Trouble. He was the first kitten to come out of the cat carrier, the first kitten to venture from the closet, the first kitten to try to escape the bedroom, etc.,. He's always staring with wide eyes, looking for something to get into. While he's not the prettiest of the bunch, he's our favorite because of his personality.

Next up is his b&w sister. She is a snuggler and likes to fall asleep on you.

The black boy is even sleepier than the black and white. He's the first to stop playing and curl up on your crotch to take a nap, LOL.

The tortoiseshell female started out by bullying her brothers, LOL, but has recently turned into a lapcat. She's very people-oriented and also likes sleeping on bodies (this seems to be a trend with kittens). She recently was standing near the door and meowing until I came by to pick her up. Very cute. (The pictures don't do her justice.)

The white male is very different from his siblings. Initially he was the first to leave playtime and go back to sleep on his own somewhere. Then, when we started giving them canned food, he was the first to eat (and does so voraciously). He's a little troublemaker who often starts the fights with his siblings, LOL. But, like the rest, he's also lovable and vocal.

Last but not least is the sealpoint (or Himalayan, or something... all I know is, he's fuzzier than his siblings and has a dark mask, ears, and paws and tail). He's the baby of the bunch. He's always getting beat up, LOL. He's the one who cries as soon as his feet leave the floor. But he's also a sleepy kitten who likes to pass out on bodies. He's easily the prettiest in the bunch, so he gets an extra pic. :)

If I lived up there, I'd take the seal point. wuv
Posted via Mobile Device

Good luck to you. Kittens are quite entertaining. I bet 6 of them together in a room is a riot at times. I kept two male brothers for awhile until I had somewhere to take them a few years ago. Very fun, but they tore up a lot of stuff when they got rowdy and I wasn't home.

If I didn't already have 3 cats, I'd take one. But 3 is my max.

Have to talk to 'She Who Must Not be Named' when she emerges from disenfranchising the serfs. If we can work it out, want white and seal point. Any kittens are destructive until spayed or neutered.

They are all beautiful wuv

The kittens I took in are all doing very well in their new homes.

The littlest one, who I named Scraps, is now named Brady :), and accompanies his Dad to work daily.

Naps and Snaps were adopted together, and live somewhere near Rochester, MA.

Well now I've had my daily "AWWWWWWW!" It slays me when they sleep on their backs with their little bellies up. wuv

Have to talk to 'She Who Must Not be Named' when she emerges from disenfranchising the serfs. If we can work it out, want white and seal point. Any kittens are destructive until spayed or neutered.

We have them until at least 4/28. I really don't know how PARL works,since this is our 1st foster group. I know we can't OK it you need to come down to Providence to fill out the app and interview. But as long as your here and we still have them, you might as well stop by and see them. I'm sure attitudes will be much different in a house then in a shelter. If I were a rescue I'd love to have them pre-adopted but who knows.

We have them until at least 4/28. I really don't know how PARL works,since this is our 1st foster group. I know we can't OK it you need to come down to Providence to fill out the app and interview. But as long as your here and we still have them, you might as well stop by and see them. I'm sure attitudes will be much different in a house then in a shelter. If I were a rescue I'd love to have them pre-adopted but who knows.

I refuse to go through the animal shelters anymore. Each cat we have is from a private home.

The last two times we were looking for a kitten, we had to fill out almost as much paper work as we did for our mortgage. And when it was done, we never heard back from them even though they had several litters looking for homes. And that was the 2nd time it happened (different shelters no less).

Sorry, we're good pet owners. We have been for many years. We don't need a pencil pusher ignoring our requests for a pet.

Rant over :cuss:

I refuse to go through the animal shelters anymore. Each cat we have is from a private home.

The last two times we were looking for a kitten, we had to fill out almost as much paper work as we did for our mortgage. And when it was done, we never heard back from them even though they had several litters looking for homes. And that was the 2nd time it happened (different shelters no less).

Sorry, we're good pet owners. We have been for many years. We don't need a pencil pusher ignoring our requests for a pet.

Rant over :cuss:

Frankly.. I don't care where people "adopt" their pets. As long you don't "BUY" from a pet store(unless an approved adoption site) or backyard breeder. These are the ones that need to go out of business. If you happened to get from a private home where something came up and they needed to rehome their pet then sgood for you. If theri pet had a litter because they thought it would be cute, they need to be shot. If they are "breeders" then congrats you buying from them probably just killed 10 animals in a shelter needing homes.

Off MY rant!!!

Frankly.. I don't care where people "adopt" their pets. As long you don't "BUY" from a pet store(unless an approved adoption site) or backyard breeder. These are the ones that need to go out of business. If you happened to get from a private home where something came up and they needed to rehome their pet then sgood for you. If theri pet had a litter because they thought it would be cute, they need to be shot. If they are "breeders" then congrats you buying from them probably just killed 10 animals in a shelter needing homes.

Off MY rant!!!

I agree. I would never purchase a pet, especially from a pet store.

Our cats came from homes where the owners (people we know) didn't have their female spayed and ended up with an unintended litter.

I just find that the shelters do more to discourage rather than encourage. I understand that they want responsible owners, but the process is ridiculous at most of them.

Also, please don't misinterpret my rant. I think what you and JD are doing is amazing.

It's just that after being turned away twice by shelters, I'm jaded to their process. If any of them spent just a bit of time at my house, they'd see how well our pets are cared for.

Back