Lemmy from Motorhead RIP

Baddest mother****er and huge influence.
Without Motorhead, no Metallica (as just one example).

My band got to open for them once, and they were super nice to this starstruck young rocker- welcomed me into their backstage room with a Hey Mate! Want a beer?

This guy did what he loved until he literally cashed in his chips, and never disappointed the people that loved his dirty loud speedy gritty music. What more could anyone ask for?

All Motorhead all day today. I suspect I will be typing faster than normal by a factor of 10 at least. :)

RIP.

This is shocking news....shocking that he lived to see 70. But boy did he know how to live.

I remember growing up in the early 80s and seeing him for the first time on the BBC's "Young Ones" show. He was terrifying looking and I loved it!

A genuine, bona fides rocker who will be sorely missed by rockers the world over. RIP Lemmy.

His pal Dave Growl said this about him a few years back.

“F**k Keith Richards, **** all those dudes who survived the sixties. Flying around in private jets, living up their gunslinger reputation as they **** supermodels in the most expensive hotel in Paris. It’s like: you know what Lemmy is doing? Lemmy is probably drinking Jack ‘n’ Cokes and writing another record.”

I was never a huge Motorhead fan, but their music influenced alot of the punk I grew up listening to (and still listen to today), respect anyone that can go out the way that they lived.

Glad I caught part of their set in Sept.

"If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous." -- Lemmy

SSDD

Screw it, one more quote, and probably the most relevent at this point:

"Death is an inevitability, isn't it? You become more aware of that when you get to my age. I don't worry about it. I'm ready for it. When I go, I want to go doing what I do best. If I died tomorrow, I couldn't complain. It's been good." -- Lemmy

SSDD

He hated Heroin though. He never tried it, saw many friends die from it and even spoke to the Welsh parliament about how bad the drug is and why they're losing the battle. He tried everything else of course, loved speed, but he said the reason he lived so long was his aversion to Heroin.

He hated Heroin though. He never tried it, saw many friends die from it and even spoke to the Welsh parliament about how bad the drug is and why they're losing the battle. He tried everything else of course, loved speed, but he said the reason he lived so long was his aversion to Heroin.

I'm surprised that he never dabbled in the opiods...

I've never even seen that garbage (heroin) and certainly didn't associate with anyone who did it... I do, however, like my weed... Oh and **** coke too

He lived life his way and never looked back. Time to throw on some Motörhead.

RIP Lemmy K!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aYuSJacb7H0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back