let's cut the c**p

Roberto71

Reaction score
Are we getting Matt Forte or not?

He wants to end his career in Chicago but is pessimistic of getting a deal done.

Lot of talk he could end up here.

He's 30 and running backs operate in kind of dog years as we know, he's the equivalent of 35 years of age for any other position. But he could still do a job for us?

Very talented player, wasted on spending his career with da Bears.

He wants to end his career in Chicago but is pessimistic of getting a deal done.

He's 30 and running backs operate in kind of dog years as we know, he's the equivalent of 35 years of age for any other position. But he could still do a job for us?

Well, at this time of year there is a lot of talk for every FA player being everywhere. It depends on who you listen to. Lots of talk with nothing actually happening.

I would say no, the Patriots will not have Matt Forte in for a work-out and will not make him an offer.

This is a guy that was on the books for $9.2 mil last year. Would he come to the Patriots for 1/2 that? If he was going to take 1/2 that would he stay in Chicago?

This is a guy that was on the books for $9.2 mil last year. Would he come to the Patriots for 1/2 that? If he was going to take 1/2 that would he stay in Chicago?

How much does he want a shot at a ring? Legacy is important to some guys, the question is whether or not he's one of them. I see Forte as a borderline HOFer, getting that ring might be the push he needs to get in.

Let's find a guy late in the draft that runs with violence like Rawls.

I've had enough of the beaten old work horse RBs.

We have DLew. White. Bolden. Let's get 1 solid 2 down punishing between the Ts RB.

Please.

I'm trying to figure out why we need to cut the crap. :huh:
I haven't read any debate about it and free agency doesn't even begin for another 2 months.

What about snagging a RB in Rd 2 of the draft? Time to get some fresh legs.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

On second thought, OL is a bigger need, so take that first. Then get an RB.

The current Pats priorities in my mind's eye are:

1. Offensive line coach and healthy, strong, good speed and technique O Lineman, preferably 5 new starters that can adequately protect TFB ALWAYS and open holes for the running backs...

2. Defensive coaching and players who can execute press man coverage correctly i.e. a.) bump WRs within 5 yards of LOS, b.) play the WR during any route, c.) play the ball

3. Defensive lineman and linebacker pass and run stoppage players

4. Matching Gronk like TE who can block and catch short , medium, and long passes and can stay healthy

Unfortunately, Pats have too many RBs and will have to let some go before the 2016 53 man roster is finalized. Matt Forte is a terrific player but if you think he is having DaBears contract issues now, there is NO CHANCE for the Pats to pay him anywhere close to what he wants. If he wants to play for a winning team and take a massive pay cut, this is the ONLY way he comes to Pats. :stirpot:

Tbh, you could have had Barry Sanders (or Brian O'Driscoll) in that backfield and it would have made bugger all difference.

In general, I'm not a huge proponent of spending big money on skill guys that are over 30. I think the team should and likely will draft a young RB at some point.

However, I'll be glad to make an exception for Matt Forte who is still a tremendous player right out of Pats central casting.

He can play on any down and can do it all, except carry it 20 times per game every week. I'd sign him if he'd be willing to take 4M, but not at the expense of losing Hightower or Collins. I figure Jones is probably gone much as I hate to see that.

We are going to need to trim the cap by getting rid of Mayo, Chandler, LaFellDown and a few others, possibly Vollmer or Branch. There is plenty of work to do, but we could do lots worse then get Matt Forte for the near term.

The current Pats priorities in my mind's eye are:

1. Offensive line coach and healthy, strong, good speed and technique O Lineman, preferably 5 new starters that can adequately protect TFB ALWAYS and open holes for the running backs...

I'm going to file this under: THINGS I WON'T SEE IN 2016.

We will see a maximum of two, more likely one assuming Solder is OK.

I'm trying to figure out why we need to cut the crap. :huh:
I haven't read any debate about it and free agency doesn't even begin for another 2 months.

clash fan who hates Mick Jones?

cut_the_crap.jpg

Back