Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I do get it, I assure you.

When the posts were reported it was dealt with and stopped that evening.

Every post since then on it have been from others trying to keep it going. That certainly doesn't help.

Flare-ups like that will not be tolerated and will be dealt with, with increasing levels of restriction.

I have asked that people move on.

Nobody is trying to keep it (her) going. That is ridiculous.

We want her gone and you know why.

love this, thanks @chevss454 !

You're welcome, HS! Wilkerson came to my attention during my WR studies in the run up to the 2020 draft. He really intrigued me and I just couldn't understand why he wasn't more highly regarded. I remember liking him far more than his draft status warranted. I chalked it up to "small school" syndrome and hoped BB might be aware of him the same way he found Malcolm Butler. Anyway, I went back to my notes for 2020 tonight and came upon some impressive athletic data that was impossible to ignore. I thought at the time it might make BB interested in Wilk.

I always pay attention to athletic comparisons of draftees in an attempt to find a bargain. Wilk looked like a bonafide bargain to me. The more I got into his game the more I liked him.
Now, athleticism is only a part of what makes a great WR but, to me, it's an important component that can make or break a prospect. Wilk had great athleticism, great hands, ran good routes even if his playlist was limited, he had plenty of speed and he fought for the ball. Those things can make a great WR.

These are RAS score comparisons and as you can see, only Chase Claypool had a better RAS score than Wilkerson yet Wilkerson was rarely mentioned by the "draft experts". Wilkerson was my sleeper pick for the Pats in 2020. With a couple years of coaching I thought he could be outstanding. Click the 'Player Page' to see a guy's RAS score calculations.

Chase Claypool Notre Dame 9.98 Player Page

Kristian Wilkerson Southeast Missouri State 9.81 Player Page

Denzel Mims Baylor 9.76 Player Page

Justin Jefferson Louisiana State 9.69 Player Page

Donovan Peoples-Jones Michigan 9.63 Player Page

Henry Ruggs III Alabama 9.55 Player Page

Antonio Gibson Memphis 9.29 Player Page

Marquez Callaway Tennessee 8.91 Player Page

Brandon Aiyuk Arizona State 8.47 Player Page

Claypool has done ok for himself as have the rest of these guys on this list. After reading this again tonight I'm even more encouraged that Wilkerson has a real chance to become a special player for us. It's up to him now.

It appears the Bengals plan to rest some starters and wouldn't mind losing to the Raiders to play the Patriots in the first game of the playoffs.

I don't like the match up of our DBs vs Joe Burrow and his weapons, but, if I were them, I'd be careful what they wish for.

Informative background info on Kristian Wilkerson who came out of nowhere even though he really didn't.

My biggest issue is this quote:
Tom Matukewicz was playing a board game, “Spades,” with his family on Sunday afternoon when his cell phone started, well, “exploding.”

Board game? Spades is a CARD game....god damn lack of proof reading and research!

"Coach, would you mind characterizing this Patriots team?"

BB:
FIg_rjAXMAEHHxC

"Coach, would you mind characterizing this Patriots team?"

BB: "..... We'll see what happens going forward. Hopefully we can play our best football in the coming weeks."

Wait? Wut? the coming weeks?!?!

Top 5 Offenses per @PFF:
1. Dallas Cowboys (87.3)
2. New England Patriots (87.2)
3. San Francisco 49ers (85.7)
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (84.8)
5. Los Angeles Rams & Cincinnati Bengals (83.7)
Top 5 Defenses per @PFF:
1. Los Angeles Rams (85.0)
2. New Orleans Saints (80.9)
3. Green Bay Packers (77.1)
4. Cleveland Browns (76.3)
5. New England Patriots (75.0)

So PFF has the Patriots having both a top 5 Offense and a top 5 Defense.
There is no bigger homer than myself. But, I'm not buying into that.

Back