Looking at the Patriots - 2021

All the players like Cam, that's not unusual to hear. But whether Jones will take what the Pats may offer which is sure to be lower than the others is the key. No doubt Jones would fit in well with the team, with Bill. I think we'd all really love to have him here.
No doubt we would love him to be here. It could be a moss situation all over again, but, and I am just being honest, I think Jones play would be helped more with Mac at QB who is more of a thrower than Cam in which we have to become
a run first team because of issues he has throwing the ball. Jones came from Atlanta which was a pass first offense. I am not slamming Cam just saying the type of offense the team would play with either QB in. I do not know the money Jones is willing to
play for and do not know his intentions of taking less to play for the pats or anything like that, but if he does want that last big paycheck, I am not sure he would get that with the pats if it came down to other teams throwing money around.

No doubt we would love him to be here. It could be a moss situation all over again, but, and I am just being honest, I think Jones play would be helped more with Mac at QB who is more of a thrower than Cam in which we have to become
a run first team because of issues he has throwing the ball. Jones came from Atlanta which was a pass first offense. I am not slamming Cam just saying the type of offense the team would play with either QB in. I do not know the money Jones is willing to
play for and do not know his intentions of taking less to play for the pats or anything like that, but if he does want that last big paycheck, I am not sure he would get that with the pats if it came down to other teams throwing money around.

We are not transitioning to a ground and pound team because of Cam, the process started a few years ago.

The Atlanta super bowl was all Brady especially at the end. Somewhere on 2017 we started shifting to a run game and the Rams super bowl was basically defense and a dominating run game. Now we have the o line and the horses to finish the job

We are not transitioning to a ground and pound team because of Cam, the process started a few years ago.
So then why would the receiver Jones be a big option for the pats? I think like always Bill designs things around what we have. After 2016 our receiving department was not good, and we lost some playmaking from Gronk as well, some receivers that were brought in did not work out well. I think the shift was as much about the players we had, but with additions of pass catching TE's and 2 new receivers and a less mobile but throwing QB drafted, that the shift would lean the other way a bit in the future.

Last edited:
The Atlanta super bowl was all Brady especially at the end. Somewhere on 2017 we started shifting to a run game and the Rams super bowl was basically defense and a dominating run game. Now we have the o line and the horses to finish the job
The Rams superbowl had a lot of throwing in it though, in fact Edelman won MVP, it was just low scoring. We had some weird redzone things, but between the 20's there was quite a bit of passing. We threw 35 times and ran 32. I just figured with the offseason get of some playmakers for TE's and receiver, that passing might make an uptick.

To answer both your last posts I run dominant game means you a built to run and you run a lot. It does not mean you only run and don't want any good receivers. For the second post of course it was passing in it. But the game was basically a strong defense allowing only three points and a control the clock control the line of scrimmage run game.

So then why would the receiver Jones be a big option for the pats? I think like always Bill designs things around what we have. After 2016 our receiving department was not good, and we lost some playmaking from Gronk as well, some receivers that were brought in did not work out well. I think the shift was as much about the players we had, but with additions of pass catching TE's and 2 new receivers and a less mobile but throwing QB drafted, that the shift would lean the other way a bit in the future.

Because talent and willingness are a boost for any roster? Dunno. Call me crazy but I think Cam may have thrown a good pass once. :shrug-n:

To answer both your last posts I run dominant game means you a built to run and you run a lot. It does not mean you only run and don't want any good receivers. For the second post of course it was passing in it. But the game was basically a strong defense allowing only three points and a control the clock control the line of scrimmage run game.
Right, but to me at least, a run team is a team that runs more than they pass. Titans, Ravens, etc. Now, we did that last year, but not in a long time before that. It goes without saying if you have a top 3 QB you are probably going to pass more. I am not sure a run first team, in which a team relies on the run way more than the pass can win in todays football consistently, at least I have not seen that. Cowboys tried it, they loaded up on oline, and backs. I think to win consistently and contend every year you better have a good QB, which gives me hope for Jones to be that.

The Rams superbowl had a lot of throwing in it though, in fact Edelman won MVP, it was just low scoring. We had some weird redzone things, but between the 20's there was quite a bit of passing. We threw 35 times and ran 32. I just figured with the offseason get of some playmakers for TE's and receiver, that passing might make an uptick.
Did you watch the game? What weird redzone things? Neither team set foot in the red zone, period, until Gronk landed at the two. One play in the red zone only. Touchdown.

Did you watch the game? What weird redzone things? Neither team set foot in the red zone, period, until Gronk landed at the two. One play in the red zone only. Touchdown.
Yeah I watched the game, they moved the ball but came up short of getting scores. Edelman had 10 catches, they had 37 pass attempts, the point was it was not a run first game. They passed more than they ran. They had 262 yards passing and 140 yards rushing, the ball was moved. Pats had 22 first downs. That was my bad saying redzone, I meant to say between the 20's they moved the ball, drives were coming up short.

First drive 11 plays for 60 yards missed fg
Second drive 7 plays for 41 yards Punt
3rd drive 7 plays 40 yards fg
4th drive 3 and out
5th drive 8 plays 41 yards turnover on downs
6th drive 6 plays 41 yards punt
7th drive 5 plays 38 yards
8th drive 5 plays 81 yards td
9th drive 9 plays 72 yards fg.

So in 9 drives 8 went 40 or more yards. As I said, they had trouble scoring. They moved the ball was my point but drives were coming up short but they didnt have like 8 3 and outs or anything like that. It was not some run first game that was the point of the discussion. My bad on using the word redzone, should have been they were not finishing drives. Rams though were very much shut down and did not move the ball. The point was, it was not a run first game, it was a not finishing drive game for sure though. It seemed like late both teams were scared to take too many chances because the game was close and 1 play could make the difference, and it did. The long pass to gronk.

Last edited:
There are plenty of reasons that Julio would make sense for the Pats.
But there's 1 important reason why it probably won't happen...BB doesn't normally covet WRs. Exception...Moss.
Julio isn't Moss but he does blue collar things Moss avoided, like going over the middle.

The Pats roster is full until after June 1 until Chung's retirement is official.
How convenient.
and welker. 🙂

View: https://twitter.com/KVN_03/status/1396089744065449984

Kyle_Van_Noy_Wife__Marissa_Van_Noy-Bikini-pics.jpg

i bet she has ugly toenails! 🤣
geebus...she's amazing. i'd love to see their baby. i bet he's already a model.

i bet she has ugly toenails! 🤣
geebus...she's amazing. i'd love to see their baby. i bet he's already a model.
Its weird but sometimes pretty people have not so good looking babies. I mean all babies are cute, but sometimes its kind of odd how they turn out.

Julio has played in warm weather or domes his entire football career. Mostly both. He is always fighting injuries especially to his feet. That’s bad post 31 age wise. He doesn’t catch touchdowns. Even in his prime. He will be coming into the worst quarterback situation of his entire career.

He’s going to come to Boston and be successful? Outdoors?

This is not Randy Moss 2.0.

All the players like Cam, that's not unusual to hear. But whether Jones will take what the Pats may offer which is sure to be lower than the others is the key. No doubt Jones would fit in well with the team, with Bill. I think we'd all really love to have him here.

I have this feeling, no inside knowledge, that Julio may allow a switch to Mac Jones a lot quicker than anticipated. Maybe as soon as wk 5 vs the Texans or wk 7 against the Jete.

Back