Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Julio has played in warm weather or domes his entire football career. Mostly both. He is always fighting injuries especially to his feet. That’s bad post 31 age wise. He doesn’t catch touchdowns. Even in his prime. He will be coming into the worst quarterback situation of his entire career.

He’s going to come to Boston and be successful? Outdoors?

This is not Randy Moss 2.0.

I differ with you about his injuries. He's actually been incredibly durable. He's mostly played through his injuries and was effective doing it. Even last year with his nagging hamstring all year he played very well until missing the final 4 games. In 2013 he was put on IR with a broken foot in November. Other than that he's missed 6 games over 10 years. His feet haven't been a concern since he had bunion surgery after the SB with us; he played pretty well against us, I think. If his hamstring is still a concern or if he can't pass a physical, fuhgetabout him.
Btw, BB wouldn't have reported 80% of his injuries listed here:

Last edited:
Mike Reiss hits on a lot of topics today. He talks about Dugger and how Rodney is mentoring him, Cam's health and mechanics, the DL and Julio Jones.

Great nuggets there from Mike as usual. I liked the part on Godchaux and Guy working together, very good to hear that.

On Rodney and Dugger, that's something Bill has facilitated really well over the years, having his ex-players come in and help out when needed. A lot of these players have these great bonds with the team and Bill keeps them involved. Sounds like Rodney would make a decent DB coach if he wanted to.

I differ with you about his injuries. He's actually been incredibly durable. He's mostly played through his injuries and was effective doing it. Even last year with his nagging hamstring all year he played very well until missing the final 4 games. In 2013 he was put on IR with a broken foot in November. Other than that he's missed 6 games over 10 years. His feet haven't been a concern since he had bunion surgery after the SB with us; he played pretty well against us, I think. If his hamstring is still a concern or if he can't pass a physical, fuhgetabout him.
Btw, BB wouldn't have reported 80% of his injuries listed here:

Ok, well let’s say it take a 3rd round pick plus Harry to get him. Next year let’s assume it’s dead middle of the 3rd round.
I think if you think he’s got two good years left then it’s easy. Go for it.
I’m not sure he’s got one year left, especially playing outside in the cold, and coming into an offense that needs to be running the ball anyway.
Your right the foot was earlier in his career, but it seems like he’s always got something nagging him.

Ok, well let’s say it take a 3rd round pick plus Harry to get him. Next year let’s assume it’s dead middle of the 3rd round.
I’m not sure he’s got one year left, especially playing outside in the cold, and coming into an offense that needs to be running the ball anyway.
Your right the foot was earlier in his career, but it seems like he’s always got something nagging him.
Your last 10 words could be autobiographical.

If BB gets Julio for Harry and a 3rd round pick it would be one of the top 5 trades of BB's Pats career. A steal.

I was pleased the Pats drafted him but after reading about him I'm stoked. I know, I'm the ultimate Pats fan, always excited about the upcoming season, but this year I'm REALLY excited. Jones, Barmore, Perkins, Stevenson, Bledsoe, and Nixon in particular I really like.

Man, what a burn from Julio against the Cowgirls, I like him even more now! :LOL:

They're saying that Jones might not have known he was live when talking to Shannon Sharpe.

Last edited:
Man, what a burn from Julio against the Cowgirls, I like him even more now! :LOL:

They're saying that Jones might not have known he was live when talking to Shannon Sharpe.

He didn't and now Shannon Sharpe is receiving backlash for his stunt by several NFL players deservedly so.

New England Patriots Smile GIF by NBC Sports Boston

We're favourites with the bookies to land Julio. I don't know what they're basing that on, but the Titans are 2nd and Chargers 3rd.

The Pats won't say a word. The closer we get to June 1 without hearing of a trade....

Back