Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I'm hearing that QB Brian Hoyer hasn't been vaccinated. I'm also hearing Moses Cabrera, head Strength and Conditioning Coach hasn't been vaccinated either.
Watch for news on this soon.

No, actually, the best thing for Mac Jones right now would be to have 2 guys like BB and Josh M. as his coaches and have 2 TEs like Hunter and Smith, p!us some really good RBs. And he has those. You know about as much about pro football as I know about rodeo. On second thought, less...
I'm excited to see what BB . Can continue to do with mid tier talent . He did a lot this off season to fix . The issues on defense & passing game.
If they don't like it. They can watch a team that better suits their Fandom.

Last edited:
You're a gluten for punishment, I see. The joke is on you once again, lol. BB is paying 2 WRs > $10M each this year. Regardless, it was only an example of how BB thinks.

As for Gilmore's situation, I'd ask what you have learned from that? Revis, too. Maybe BB thinks the CB position is more important than the WR position? Yeah? You're starting to "get it".

Fyp. The TE is a young QB's best friend. BB signed 2 pretty good veterans. A great D is also a young QB's friend along with a great OL. BB gave the team both.
BB didn't give Moss to Brady until Brady had 3 rings and 6 years under his belt. Did Moss & Brady win a SB? There goes your WR theory.
Plus, Moss was cheap.

Do you know how much cap space we have now? Do you know what Gilmore's cut will be out of that cap space? What about next year? How much does BB like to have in reserve?
You have to think ahead instead of thinking like a child without regard for the future.

Why would you give an unproven rookie an expensive toy? Maybe it would be best for the team to wait until next year when Mac Jones has proven his ability sufficiently and he's actually playing in games that matter. He's under contract for 4 years, after all. Coincidentally, the Cap is supposed to skyrocket after next year.
That's the issue Chevs. We all know Bill will spend on defense. That's the point I am making.
His philosophy needs to change now that he does not have Brady who could win chips with 5'9 slot guys and TEs.

I don't understand why some folks here are so averse to paying a top 5 or 10 receiver. That type of player is just as impactful as a top corner. I mean ask Mahomes if he thinks Hill is worth his salary or Allen if he enjoys having Diggs at his salary.

I am not suggesting Bill throw away his entire team building approach but modify it some now that Brady is gone and the league is so offensively driven.

I'm hearing that QB Brian Hoyer hasn't been vaccinated. I'm also hearing Moses Cabrera, head Strength and Conditioning Coach hasn't been vaccinated either.
Watch for news on this soon.
Did Cam and Jones get vaxed?

BB needs more TE's...he clearly doesn't gaf about any WR's, just keep the game close with short to mid yardage. Eat and control the clock. Run it a bunch and swap out RB's every so often. Try out a few trick plays with TE's/FB's running it also. The upgraded defense will be a lot better than last year. Hopefully Big Mac gets the nod to start, but, if not, let sCam do whatever he does until Big Mac is ready.

BB obviously zigs when everyone else zags.
Welcome back Big! I am glad to see you. Missed you.

That's the issue Chevs. We all know Bill will spend on defense. That's the point I am making.
His philosophy needs to change now that he does not have Brady who could win chips with 5'9 slot guys and TEs.

I don't understand why some folks here are so averse to paying a top 5 or 10 receiver. That type of player is just as impactful as a top corner. I mean ask Mahomes if he thinks Hill is worth his salary or Allen if he enjoys having Diggs at his salary.

I am not suggesting Bill throw away his entire team building approach but modify it some now that Brady is gone and the league is so offensively driven.

Don't start making it out that Tom won with crap receivers and TEs! He had maybe the greatest TE in NFL history, he had guys like Edelman, Welker, Hogan, Amendola, Brown, Branch etc etc. He was given more than enough weapons and he was always given a top tier O Line which Bill and Scar knew was vital in Tom's success. The time he crashed was in 2019 when we had f**k all weapons at TE and WR.

Don't start making it out that Tom won with crap receivers and TEs! He had maybe the greatest TE in NFL history, he had guys like Edelman, Welker, Hogan, Amendola, Brown, Branch etc etc. He was given more than enough weapons and he was always given a top tier O Line which Bill and Scar knew was vital in Tom's success. The time he crashed was in 2019 when we had f**k all weapons at TE and WR.
This isn't about any of that. Brady left because he saw the game changing and wanted more dynamic play makers. That is what I am talking about. This isn't 2005 anymore or 2012. The game has changed. Getting a stud on the outside is pretty much standard business for teams that are serious about contending. We didn't even draft a top WR despite the draft being rife with them and it being our worst skill position group on the team.

I was at Market Basket early this AM. Came home with a family size bag of Brady chips.

Cheers, BostonTim

Last edited:
Apparently Robert Kraft's surprise party was the place to be this weekend.

"Lionel Richie and David Spade performed and a number of big celebrities were in attendance, including Adele and Rich Paul, Jon Bon Jovi, Kenny Chesney, Meek Mill, Billie Jean King and Gayle King were all part of the 200 guests.

Several former and current Patriots players -- Andre Tippett, Tedy Bruschi, Drew Bledsoe, Jerod Mayo and Devin McCourty -- were all in attendance, as well as Bill Belichick and long-time girlfriend Linda Holliday."

No idea but he got McD's town wrong.
High hopes for a guy doesn't translate to "total shock". I doubt McD can predict the future. He's very happy with what he's seen so far and I think it's best left at that for now.
Jones has a lot of football ahead of him. We'll see.
Let's see if he gets a 10 tattoo, ala Rex Ryan

This isn't about any of that. Brady left because he saw the game changing and wanted more dynamic play makers. That is what I am talking about. This isn't 2005 anymore or 2012. The game has changed. Getting a stud on the outside is pretty much standard business for teams that are serious about contending. We didn't even draft a top WR despite the draft being rife with them and it being our worst skill position group on the team.

The game changing?

WTF are you talking about?

How did the game change from the Greatest Show on Turf, or Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, or any other big-time WR corp ?

JHC. What’s amazing is that I think you delude yourself into believing such drivel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think this is true. The reason Bill didn't have to pay mega-shit tons of cash to wideouts was that they were either drafted and under reasonable numbers or cast-offs from other teams, or didn't fit anywhere else but here that Bill and company identified as working in their system and to their quarterback's strengths.

Bill Bellichick always has an eve toward maximizing strengths and minimizing weaknesses and this has been a foundational team-building principle of his for at least the last over 20 years of incredible success he has had here.

Back