Looking at the Patriots - 2021

LOL. Bill has NEVER paid two receivers $10 million each. Here is a little trivia, can you name the highest paid receiver since Bill has been HC of the Pats? It's not hard.

It was Randy Moss waaay back in 2008. He signed a contract paying him $9 mil/year. So Bill has never even paid ONE receiver $10 million.

This notion that paying for top talent would somehow hurt team building is a total fallacy. Bill opened the wallet wide for Gilmore and how has that turned out? 2 SB appearances (1 win which should have been 2 if not for the Butler benching by Bill) and DPOY.

Bill could get by with JAG receivers and slots/TEs when he had Brady. He can't anymore and does not seem to realize this. As I have said before, NFL offenses have changed and are much more dynamic with the criminal passing rules and college style offensive systems. If Bill does not come up to speed fast we are going to stay a middle of the pack team or worse if injuries start to mount to a roster mostly composed of mid-tier players.

The best thing for Mac Jones right now would to be have a STUD wide receiver. Nothing helps a young QB more than having a guy he can trust on the outside that can get him big catches/TDs. We have the money. We are only paying our entire QB room about $8mil this year. Next year will be just over $4 mil with only Jones and Stidham under contract. This is the time with Jones on his rookie contract to PAY an Adams or someone like him but like you guys say, Bill is so married to his antiquated philosophy that he won't.

LOL. Bill has NEVER paid two receivers $10 million each. Here is a little trivia, can you name the highest paid receiver since Bill has been HC of the Pats? It's not hard.

It was Randy Moss waaay back in 2008. He signed a contract paying him $9 mil/year. So Bill has never even paid ONE receiver $10 million.

This notion that paying for top talent would somehow hurt team building is a total fallacy. Bill opened the wallet wide for Gilmore and how has that turned out? 2 SB appearances (1 win which should have been 2 if not for the Butler benching by Bill) and DPOY.

Bill could get by with JAG receivers and slots/TEs when he had Brady. He can't anymore and does not seem to realize this. As I have said before, NFL offenses have changed and are much more dynamic with the criminal passing rules and college style offensive systems. If Bill does not come up to speed fast we are going to stay a middle of the pack team or worse if injuries start to mount to a roster mostly composed of mid-tier players.

The best thing for Mac Jones right now would to be have a STUD wide receiver. Nothing helps a young QB more than having a guy he can trust on the outside that can get him big catches/TDs. We have the money. We are only paying our entire QB room about $8mil this year. Next year will be just over $4 mil with only Jones and Stidham under contract. This is the time with Jones on his rookie contract to PAY an Adams or someone like him but like you guys say, Bill is so married to his antiquated philosophy that he won't.
No, actually, the best thing for Mac Jones right now would be to have 2 guys like BB and Josh M. as his coaches and have 2 TEs like Hunter and Smith, p!us some really good RBs. And he has those. You know about as much about pro football as I know about rodeo. On second thought, less...

Cam and Mac seem pretty well set up with talent to succeed.

The defense, jeez, the D looks like it could be epic.

Bill has done an amazing job rebuilding this team after 1 down season that afforded him these contracts and such.

He took every advantage of the bs last year due to covid and other stuff to build what I see as the 3rd iteration of the Pats Dynasty.

The greatest, most adaptive football mind I know of and y'all wanna blast him for shit that helps the future of the Patriots

He has once again, coupled with his organizational philosophy reinvented the greatest football team of all time.

Last edited:
Lots of optimism. I don’t share it. Especially the optimism on the new tight ends. Will they be solid? Yes. But this isn’t the second coming of Gronk and Ahern, and I’m expecting Henry to miss about 1/3 of his starts for the duration of his contract. The 2021 Patriots will not finish better than third in the AFC East. Even third I’m not sure about. This is the best the division has been in a long time.
This rebuild is bigger than one year or draft, and that’s bad cause the back end of the defense is nearing retirement or FA in a year.
I think Mac can turn into an average starter in the NFL and have a good career, but I don’t share the optimism for his upside. He’s gonna need time on the bench to learn and adjust to pro ball. Hopefully the staff lets Cam take the losses this year while Mac learns the system and toughens up.
Right now my favorite pick in this past draft is Barnmore. Very excited to hopefully have a future cornerstone at that position.

Cam and Mac seem pretty well set up with talent to succeed.

The defense, jeez, the D looks like it could be epic.

Bill has done an amazing job rebuilding this team after 1 down season that afforded him these contracts and such.

He took every advantage of the bs last year due to covid and other stuff to build what i see as the 3rd iteration of of the Pats Dyansty.

The greatest, most adaptive football mind I know of and y'all wanna blast him for shit that help the future of the Patriots

He has once again, coupled with his organizational philosophy reinvented the greatest football team of all time.
I think we need to see them play some games before making these types of statements. I did like our off-season a lot but until the real games begin we have no idea if the beginning of the rebuild has been successful at all. We threw around a bunch of money and now we have to see if it comes to fruition on the field and the talent can perform well and stay healthy. We still have a huge question mark at QB.

Lots of optimism. I don’t share it. Especially the optimism on the new tight ends. Will they be solid? Yes. But this isn’t the second coming of Gronk and Ahern, and I’m expecting Henry to miss about 1/3 of his starts for the duration of his contract. The 2021 Patriots will not finish better than third in the AFC East. Even third I’m not sure about. This is the best the division has been in a long time.
This rebuild is bigger than one year or draft, and that’s bad cause the back end of the defense is nearing retirement or FA in a year.
I think Mac can turn into an average starter in the NFL and have a good career, but I don’t share the optimism for his upside. He’s gonna need time on the bench to learn and adjust to pro ball. Hopefully the staff lets Cam take the losses this year while Mac learns the system and toughens up.
Right now my favorite pick in this past draft is Barnmore. Very excited to hopefully have a future cornerstone at that position.
Lots of pessimism. I don't share it. See johnlocke's post, above. It's surprising to me that you're pessimistic... it's unlike you. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were wishing for a disastrous season for NE. But, I know better. But, then again, I also know that you parrot whatever Toni Mazz and Inspector 50 Names/Identitities tell you to.

Lots of pessimism. I don't share it. See johnlocke's post, above. It's surprising to me that you're pessimistic... it's unlike you. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were wishing for a disastrous season for NE. But, I know better. But, then again, I also know that you parrot whatever Toni Mazz and Inspector 50 Names/Identitities tell you to.
I’m just calling it how I see it bud.

I think we need to see them play some games before making these types of statements. I did like our off-season a lot but until the real games begin we have no idea if the beginning of the rebuild has been successful at all. We threw around a bunch of money and now we have to see if it comes to fruition on the field and the talent can perform well and stay healthy. We still have a huge question mark at QB.

It is simply the way I view this team currently and going forward based on a passionate watching of Bill's team building over the last 20 or so years.

Plenty of evidence to show he's on the right track and plenty of history to give him not only the benefit of the doubt but credit where it's due. He is the architect of this team and far more often than not has proved himself right even as we all sat around wringing our hands and shaking our heads to his seemingly unconventional approach.

It's not luck, his mind has a level of knowledge in so many different areas all aimed at a single purpose, this is the key to success, his purpose is to create the best football team he can. And he has without question.

Greatest football mind I've seen.

Last edited:

Bill and this staff are responsible for bringing a bunch of QBs along, some developed some didn't. Sounds like you don't think he can bring along another superstar.

What I have in Bill is not faith but long history to look at and he's the best at what he does.

Last edited:
Not sure why, but your post appears as a response to a post of mine - except that it wasn't mine. It was johnlocke's. He is, however, correct...

Oh, stop it. You might have the football acumen of a kicking tee but even you can't be serious about this mishmash of errors and illogic.

BB needs more TE's...he clearly doesn't gaf about any WR's, just keep the game close with short to mid yardage. Eat and control the clock. Run it a bunch and swap out RB's every so often. Try out a few trick plays with TE's/FB's running it also. The upgraded defense will be a lot better than last year. Hopefully Big Mac gets the nod to start, but, if not, let sCam do whatever he does until Big Mac is ready.

BB obviously zigs when everyone else zags.

Last edited:

The best thing for Mac Jones right now would to be have a STUD wide receiver TE. Nothing helps a young QB more than having a guy he can trust on the outside that can get him big catches/TDs. We have the money. We are only paying our entire QB room about $8mil this year. Next year will be just over $4 mil with only Jones and Stidham under contract. This is the time with Jones on his rookie contract to PAY an Adams or someone like him but like you guys say, Bill is so married to his antiquated philosophy that he won't.

You're a glutton for punishment, I see. The joke is on you once again, lol. BB is paying 2 WRs > $10M each this year. Regardless, it was only an example of how BB thinks.

As for Gilmore's situation, I'd ask what you have learned from that? Revis, too. Maybe BB thinks the CB position is more important than the WR position? Yeah? You're starting to "get it".

Fyp. The TE is a young QB's best friend. BB signed 2 pretty good veterans. A great D is also a young QB's friend along with a great OL. BB gave the team both.
BB didn't give Moss to Brady until Brady had 3 rings and 6 years under his belt. Did Moss & Brady win a SB? There goes your WR theory.
Plus, Moss was cheap.

Do you know how much cap space we have now? Do you know what Gilmore's cut will be out of that cap space? What about next year? How much does BB like to have in reserve?
You have to think ahead instead of thinking like a child without regard for the future.

Why would you give an unproven rookie an expensive toy? Maybe it would be best for the team to wait until next year when Mac Jones has proven his ability sufficiently and he's actually playing in games that matter. He's under contract for 4 years, after all. Coincidentally, the Cap is supposed to skyrocket after next year.

Last edited:
Back