Looking at the Patriots 2023

BB enjoyed his 30 minutes with the press today.
I'm particularly interested in what he said about the new players to the team, especially OT Reiff.
Riley Reiff, OT

Belichick: “Been in the league for a long time, very experienced guy, played multiple positions. Smart, tough guy. Glad we have him.”

Is he someone you might try on both sides, or will he stay on the right side?

Belichick: ”We’ll see. He’s played both. He’s also played guard. We’ll see how it goes.”

On Reiff, can see a lot of positives with the signing, in addition to playing guard or tackle.
An experienced player (along with Andrews) that can help the newish Oline coach in Klemm.
Klemm has to figure out how to motivate Trent Brown, and Klemm can sit Brown and play Reiff.
Reiff buys them time to develop OT young guys like Calvin Anderson, Stueber plus draft picks.

If Klemm can get through to Trent and lights fire under him he will have earned maximum kudos. I have a gut feeling he might well do it.

If Klemm can get through to Trent and lights fire under him he will have earned maximum kudos. I have a gut feeling he might well do it.

One thing I loved about his interview he said that he was laying the foundation and technique that Scar taught. That can only mean good news.

BOB came back because Kraft wanted him back. Kraft had to agree to some concessions and forced BB to make a few.
Grogh and Wolf pay everything close to the vest and are not going to let the Boston media dictate anything. We all know that BB has done some pretty strange shit at the draft, but with Kraft's demand last year that more people have more input, things will have to be agreed upon in a bigger group this year. Opening up the floor proved to be gold last year. Seven of nine picks were all playing regularly.

2023 is going to be another tough year for us Patriots fans. Buffalo is still the best in the AFCE. Miami has made huge strides and just might displace the Bills at the top of the heap. The Jets finally have people in place that know how to draft and don't react every time BB farts. The Patriots will be wallowing in mud at the bottom of the pond. Why? There are three major things and all are on Bill Belichick's plate.

1, 2018 - BB had a chance to resign TB12 for a three-year deal at $75M. He convinced Kraft that Brady was done and let him walk away.
2. 2021 - BB had $128M to spend in free agency and wasted it. Judon was the key. Signing Hunter Henry ($37M) and Jonnu Smith(450M) were not wise contracts, especially ignoring Kyle Rudolph ($12M) and Mercedes Lewis ($6M). Not signing Smith would have freed up a bundle of cash and he could have grabbed a CB like Patrick Peterson for $8M, OTs, OGs, and ILBs for a song.
3. Rehiring Matt Patricia and Joe Judge because they did not cost him a penny and they were loyal to his way of doing things.

People don't understand the aging process because they haven't reached BB's point in their life. I'm two years older than BB and ""I"" can at least admit that I'm resistant to change. Bill thinks he is still the point of the spear in the coaching world and has failed to accept the fact that he's just a part of the handle and is way behind the spear. The NFL itself is constantly getting younger at the HC position because the antique owners ar businessmen and experience modernization every day. They understand that failure to change will not allow them to compete. Kraft finally began to see it last year. Johnathan started seeing about 2015.

If you're a Belichick adorer, I can't convince you of how far off the track Bill Belichick has steered this train. 2023 and a 6-11 finish because of a brutal schedule and BB's failure to fix the Patriots and trying to super glue them will be his final undoing.

i love bb, but he has to own his bad decisions.he's done some wtf things that didn't turn out great, and ones that did. but on prior ones that weren't good, one could usually see WHY he did it. this patricia/judge thing, i have no clue on. the whole thing is a wtf.

BOB came back because Kraft wanted him back. Kraft had to agree to some concessions and forced BB to make a few.
Grogh and Wolf pay everything close to the vest and are not going to let the Boston media dictate anything. We all know that BB has done some pretty strange shit at the draft, but with Kraft's demand last year that more people have more input, things will have to be agreed upon in a bigger group this year. Opening up the floor proved to be gold last year. Seven of nine picks were all playing regularly.

2023 is going to be another tough year for us Patriots fans. Buffalo is still the best in the AFCE. Miami has made huge strides and just might displace the Bills at the top of the heap. The Jets finally have people in place that know how to draft and don't react every time BB farts. The Patriots will be wallowing in mud at the bottom of the pond. Why? There are three major things and all are on Bill Belichick's plate.

1, 2018 - BB had a chance to resign TB12 for a three-year deal at $75M. He convinced Kraft that Brady was done and let him walk away.
2. 2021 - BB had $128M to spend in free agency and wasted it. Judon was the key. Signing Hunter Henry ($37M) and Jonnu Smith(450M) were not wise contracts, especially ignoring Kyle Rudolph ($12M) and Mercedes Lewis ($6M). Not signing Smith would have freed up a bundle of cash and he could have grabbed a CB like Patrick Peterson for $8M, OTs, OGs, and ILBs for a song.
3. Rehiring Matt Patricia and Joe Judge because they did not cost him a penny and they were loyal to his way of doing things.

People don't understand the aging process because they haven't reached BB's point in their life. I'm two years older than BB and ""I"" can at least admit that I'm resistant to change. Bill thinks he is still the point of the spear in the coaching world and has failed to accept the fact that he's just a part of the handle and is way behind the spear. The NFL itself is constantly getting younger at the HC position because the antique owners ar businessmen and experience modernization every day. They understand that failure to change will not allow them to compete. Kraft finally began to see it last year. Johnathan started seeing about 2015.

If you're a Belichick adorer, I can't convince you of how far off the track Bill Belichick has steered this train. 2023 and a 6-11 finish because of a brutal schedule and BB's failure to fix the Patriots and trying to super glue them will be his final undoing.
So please do tell how you have come to know this information as to what Bob Kraft and BB said or agreed to concerning Bill O'Brian. Or is this just more fictional writing from you?
Also what do you base your assumption of 2023 being such a tough year. Do you really think they have sat on their hands and have no idea as to what they are doing. OK we get it you don't like BB for what ever reason. But please don't just spew garbage with nothing to back it up.

Last edited:
i love bb, but he has to own his bad decisions.he's done some wtf things that didn't turn out great, and ones that did. but on prior ones that weren't good, one could usually see WHY he did it. this patricia/judge thing, i have no clue on. the whole thing is a wtf.
I have always thought that BB knew he had to wait a year for Bob to come back, so with Matt he figured just get give it a shot while waiting for BOB.

6-11?

A lot of the NFL Talking Heads have begun to shift away from your way of thinking. I find it interesting that they are beginning to talk like the Patriots have a legitimate say in who will win the division and will likely make the playoffs.

The Talking Heads of the NFL and I usually are not in agreement.

We are this season.

I don’t think you appreciate what happened in 2021 nor what has happened this far for 2023 nearly enough. Brady is RETIRED so please put your heart back in your chest.

Miami is one hit on Tua from disaster. The Bills are worse this year than last and the Jets still don’t have a QB and if they do get one it will be a now carpet bagging, mildly interested QB whose current team wants him gone.

Meanwhile, the patriots have improved across-the-board. Are they set across-the-board? Of course not. There’s a long time to come post 11 draft picks and yes, I do have faith that Belichick will not pull the same shit as last year, and I feel O’Brien will coach, Matt Jones, and the rest of the offenses into a far superior result than last year. The defense is a top unit in the AFC.

Going to be fun to find out if you and the Boston media is correct or if I am, isn’t it?

Back