Mac Jone- compare him to any and all QB(the good, the bad and the ugly)

I just want to say that I've been right about everything I've ever said or even thought about for the last few decades. I did
make a big mistake about 24 years ago, but nobody found out about it, so it probably never happened.

If anybody disagrees with me on anything, then just let me know here and we can be sworn enemies for all eternity and turn the
many threads of the Planet into our personal dojos and ruin the experience for virtually everybody else who does not care one way or the other.

It always amazes me how much of human history has been determined by dudes engaging in a defacto big dick contest and the internet is a
perfect place for such nonsense. Not that women are much different when they get into it, minus the dicks, of course, but I can't think of a more
inclusive snappy analogy right now. I chalk that up to storm fatigue.

I try to make it a point to regularly mention my many bad judgements, mistakes and other weaknesses in order to let folks know that I am, in fact,
often wrong. There is not a single person involved in the NFL that isn't. Bill Belichick has made many blunders over the course of his splendid career
and he's less wrong than whoever you choose to nominate for 2nd place.

I guesstimate the percentage of Bill's correct decisions at about 85%, which is around 15% better than anybody else who tries to do what he does.

Nobody is perfect. Nobody. Human beings are imperfect creatures, but they can be a lot of fun at parties.

Comparisons?

Mac is a lot smarter than Mitch Trubisky, but not as smart as Mahomes. Yet.

He's got a better arm than Teddy Bridgewater, but not as good as Aaron Rodgers.

His hair isn't nearly as good as Trevor Lawrence's but.....whose is?

Jones is not as good as Zack Wilson at running to his left, spinning around and throwing downfield. However,
he is a lot better than Zack Wilson at reading NFL defenses.

Mac as a kid was much better at posing for photos than Ben Roethlisberger was.

View attachment 9254View attachment 9255
Wait, no double chin?!?!

Trying to compare two QB's with two very different styles is difficult. Comparing him to Lawrence, Wilson, Lance or Fields all very mobile QB's. But comparing them right now? Jones is leaps and bounds ahead of all of them and isn't even a debate. He is working with Tom House a throwing coach to help strengthen his throwing arm, the same coach that has worked with countless other QB's, including Brady. He's willing to put the work in that's all I care about. His arm strength, ability to read defenses, his processing, and his accuracy will make him a much better player.

I also think Mac is a lot more mobile than people think he is. He isn't gonna burn you with blazing speed but he can run. Also, come back in 10 years when all these mobile QB's are broken down train wrecks, they don't slide, they take the hits which will shorten their careers. The same goes for Allen, he is a big strong kid, much like Big Ben (without all the rapey qualities), he will get his ass handed to him eventually will cause a snowball effect because he doesn't slide. Meanwhile, the pocket passer always seems to have far more success and longevity.

Last edited:
Back