Mac Jones Is Our QB1

I've heard this several times from several football gurus today, but I honestly don't think it would bother Mac Jones.

Mac doesn't worry about the competition and focuses on making his own game better. If you could get him to talk about the situation honestly, I think Jones would admit that he could see it would just be a matter of months before he left Cam in the dust. Jones was not one of those new-wave QBs that moves all around the country trying to find the easiest place to have success, like Fields or Lawrence. He's the kind of guy that takes on all comers and trusts that he'll be good enough to be the last guy standing.

I don't know if Mac is really fearless, but I have yet to see him look afraid in any circumstance. That is unusual in a young, relatively inexperienced QB. He may have some shaky patches in the months ahead, but I'll be surprised if he looks overwhelmed or scared like so many rookie QBs faced with all the complexities of trying to make it in the Show. He doesn't really LOOK like a badass physically, but I think he really is one on the inside, which is much more important.

Look at the way he walked/strutted to the stage when drafted. There was a young man with zero doubts about himself. Just give me the damn jersey Roger and let me get to work.

View: https://twitter.com/flyersbrainrot/status/1428710892997328902

Last edited:
If/when he runs up against a 2-3 game losing streak then we will see. He looked a bit rattled to me on draft night during the top ten picks. This is the Boston media after all, and not having people screaming for Hoyer will help him.

Look at the way he walked/strutted to the stage when drafted. There was a young man with zero doubts about himself. Just give me the damn jersey Roger and let me get to work.

View: https://twitter.com/flyersbrainrot/status/1428710892997328902

I think it was more that he dropped in the draft. He was ticked and now wanted to show that everyone made a mistake on passing him. He had a purpose.

Well, that was my take here. LOL

BTW I have kept this clip since draft day. LOLOL

I think it was more that he dropped in the draft. He was ticked and now wanted to show that everyone made a mistake on passing him. He had a purpose.

Well, that was my take here. LOL

BTW I have kept this clip since draft day. LOLOL

He definitely wasn't ticked at going to NE, When he got to Goodell on the stage, Roger quipped to him something like that this was what Mac wanted all along and Mac definitely said "Shhh, don't tell anybody!" I'm surprised that wasn't picked up by the media.

I don't see much of a correlation between first game success and career success.

There's not and to me that's the big takeaway from the article. Good or bad, it doesn't mean much.

This might be my new favorite pic of Mac Jones. Shows him as a freshman and as a senior at Bama. OMG. Quite the transformation

ErlB7UtW4AEeYVP.jpg

Back