Mac Jones Is Our QB1

I mean, we won't need a lot of tinkering on defense.

We could focus everything purely on the offense; it seems like a huge, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
If you can R1 top 3, QB. Then load up on offense. You are right, this should be an offense draft period.

As a once fun and exciting thread, grinds slowly to a close? :cry:

Cheers?

Ugly, uglier, ugliest. Should have won but if we did what would be the point of feeling good with a win over an avg team.
I defended Mac, then I made reasonable excuses for him but I'm done with him as our QB1 after this game.
Pitiful.
Next year starts with FA and the draft.
Kraft better pony up some actual cash this year to go along with all that cap space. FAs want cash now and JG Wentworth is an Eagles fan.

Ugly, uglier, ugliest. Should have won but if we did what would be the point of feeling good with a win over an avg team.
I defended Mac, then I made reasonable excuses for him but I'm done with him as our QB1 after this game.
Pitiful.
Next year starts with FA and the draft.
Kraft better pony up some actual cash this year to go along with all that cap space. FAs want cash now and JG Wentworth is an Eagles fan.

Question is, the absolute disdain for those of us who have been proven right be taken back? I just think its strange that there have been some of us that saw this exact situation playing out....

So out of Mac’s draft class of “5 first round qb’s” looks like 4 are busts with only Trevor Lawrence working out so far
maybe Mac, fields or lance work out somewhere someday
‘something to keep in mind with this years “great qb draft class”
we really don’t know how any of these will work out

TL is the guy they should have gotten instead of the wasted Cam year.

Question is, the absolute disdain for those of us who have been proven right be taken back? I just think its strange that there have been some of us that saw this exact situation playing out....

me personally...i just thought people were rushing to judgement on him. i think after 3 years,you know if the guy is worth the 5th year option or not. coming into this year,it didn't look great but i didn't give up on him totally until a few weeks ago. i mean...lol @ AZ extending murray. talk about a dumpster fire one could have known coming down the pike. i think mayfield was worth his option,BUT he was another one that needed to start over,like mac.

So out of Mac’s draft class of “5 first round qb’s” looks like 4 are busts with only Trevor Lawrence working out so far
maybe Mac, fields or lance work out somewhere someday
‘something to keep in mind with this years “great qb draft class”
we really don’t know how any of these will work out
I don't think that this year's class is a great class. Both Williams and Maye are no better than mid first round prospects. Then there is a group of 5 that are 2nd rounders. All of them have potential if they land in the right system.
There's a possiblity that both Williams and Sanders stay in school. They are both making money so there's no big reason for them to come out.

me personally...i just thought people were rushing to judgement on him. i think after 3 years,you know if the guy is worth the 5th year option or not. coming into this year,it didn't look great but i didn't give up on him totally until a few weeks ago. i mean...lol @ AZ extending murray. talk about a dumpster fire one could have known coming down the pike. i think mayfield was worth his option,BUT he was another one that needed to start over,like mac.

Yeah I unfortunately saw it very very early, going back to last year. All the indicators were there, missing open reads, poor pocket awareness etc. Lack of arm talent that is glaring as ever. I just found it strange that the media and most fans..couldn't see the same.

This is why him struggling is the best for the future because he is not worth 40 per year. Not even close so, if that's the case you need to start the replacement process.

Yeah I unfortunately saw it very very early, going back to last year. All the indicators were there, missing open reads, poor pocket awareness etc. Lack of arm talent that is glaring as ever. I just found it strange that the media and most fans..couldn't see the same.

This is why him struggling is the best for the future because he is not worth 40 per year. Not even close so, if that's the case you need to start the replacement process.
football is such a team sport and everything is so intricately woven together that i think it is harder to make judgments about individual players that quickly. how many guys are longshots,get cut etc. and become solid to great elsewhere? how many 1st round guys get chance after chance due to their pedigree and suck?
if it were tennis or golf,sure. individual games,sucking is all on you.
oh and let's not forget THE biggest waste of $ in years:deshaun watson. good lord. 3-4 total QUARTERS of decent football for 230 mill.

Last edited:

$40 million a year? He isn’t worth $40,000 a year…

What started the alarm bells going for me was this board last season. Around the time Mac was out and Zappe was starting, some poster made a detailed post about the differences of the two in the pocket and made very good and clear points with evidence of how Mac got spooked facing the D rushing lanes. This poster highlighted clear examples of Mac's eyes not being downfield on too many plays, but how his eyes were too often on the oncoming rushers. That really resonated with me, and I've had concerns since then, which I thought might get better with BoB here and the Matty experiment binned etc.

But he's been worse then even last season. I stand by what I said here weeks ago; he is a painfully average to poor NFL-caliber QB who I don't even know has any kind of future in this league. Canada might be his best option.

football is such a team sport and everything is so intricately woven together that i think it is harder to make judgments about individual players that quickly. how many guys are longshots,get cut etc. and become solid to great elsewhere? how many 1st round guys get chance after chance due to their pedigree and suck?
if it were tennis or golf,sure. individual games,sucking is all on you.
oh and let's not forget THE biggest waste of $ in years:deshaun watson. good lord. 3-4 total QUARTERS of decent football for 230 mill.

There is plenty of truth in that for sure. The whole "he was a first rounder so we have to play him" is nauseating. Maybe pick better? I was ecstatic when they got Mac at 15. Was a bit torn between him and Fields, but thought that Mac would be "Brady lite". Cerebral, better arm than people think and might develop into a stud top 10 QB.

Had questions the first year, saw through the Matty P and Joey J crapfest to the underpinnings, then was totally out very early this season.

Back