Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Big Papi and Jules were impressed.

Even with the Patriots going to 1-3 on the season, Jones' encouraging performance is inspiring optimism. In fact, Boston Red Sox legend David Ortiz and former Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman loved what they saw from the first-round draft pick on the big stage.

"That Mac Jones kid, wow, he impressed me," Ortiz told Edelman on his "Call Him Papi" podcast with Barstool Sports' Jared Carrabis.

"It was cool to see the lights weren't too big for him in that particular situation against Tom, because a lot of guys would put their tail in between their legs when that GOAT comes out there," Edelman told Ortiz. "And you know they got Public Service Announcement, the song by Jay-Z, blasting when Tom runs out there with his little fist pump. He's getting a standing O, the guy's been there for 20 years. That's his home.

"A lot of young guys would have been too scared for that moment, and to see how Mac Jones -- there was a few plays where I was really impressed with how he handled those circumstances with how everything wasn't perfect, but he's got a poise about him which was impressive."

Records being set already. He'll be looking for bigger and better.

FBCEe_dVIAQanST

Big Papi and Jules were impressed.

yeah the poise/stones thing is huge to me, especially the "can he handle the big moment?" thing. It was one quality I thought Garoppolo had that would be invaluable. i think Mac is even better than JG in that area.

Am I the only one tired of the "theory" that Mac has a "Low Ceiling" ?
if the talking heads think "low ceiling" means he can't run like Lamar Jackson then I'm ok with that.
he's played 4 games? looks like he is learning. hasn't gone deep much but with the current O-Line it's been limited chances to allow a receiver to get more then 10 yards down field.

lets see at the end of 14 games and see how that ceiling is looking.

He will never be as "exciting" as Mahom-boy but Brady isn't either... he just wins. if Jones can be a solid field general (not "game manager", I hate that term) I'll be good with that.

Trey Lance, Justin Fields and Zach Wilson have the potential to be more exciting but lets see who wins more games (and lets be fair and give those in tough spots today... Wilson, Fields and Lawrence) a few years to see how their teams improve, and how much they improve their teams.
The low ceiling morons are the same people that shove a poor man’s Jackson in Trey Lance down our throats for gimmick and knee jerk reaction/soup du jour logic due to social media or internet hype momentum pre draft. Zach Wilson, same thing. Look! He is athletic with an arm! He must be a future HOFer!

Arm and athleticism are numbers 3 or 4 on my top 5 list of qb prospect skills.

The low ceiling morons are the same people that shove a poor man’s Jackson in Trey Lance down our throats for gimmick and knee jerk reaction/soup du jour logic due to social media or internet hype momentum pre draft. Zach Wilson, same thing. Look! He is athletic with an arm! He must be a future HOFer!

Arm and athleticism are numbers 3 or 4 on my top 5 list of qb prospect skills.
Mac has everything it takes to be great no doubt in my mind

Mac has everything it takes to be great no doubt in my mind
You know what, Mac has looked good, even great a times. There's just one little thing that bothers me as a long time Pats fan, we used to look great at QB except we'd win. I mean, how many "moral victories", is it going to take to get us into the playoff? We used to be the team that could look like crap from time to time and still won, then we'd argue fight over when those weaknesses would come home to roost but they almost never did. Now we get to talk about how good the kid looked, about how we almost won. Just pathetic.

You know what, Mac has looked good, even great a times. There's just one little thing that bothers me as a long time Pats fan, we used to look great at QB except we'd win. I mean, how many "moral victories", is it going to take to get us into the playoff? We used to be the team that could look like crap from time to time and still won, then we'd argue fight over when those weaknesses would come home to roost but they almost never did. Now we get to talk about how good the kid looked, about how we almost won. Just pathetic.
Well you better buckle up buttercup because we have started over. you have to enjoy the Drive to get there just as much as the destination itself.

Did you ask this question in 1994 with Bledsoe or 2001 early on with Brady?

How can your handle be “Grogan” and such a question?

It’s not a “moral victory”, it’s a process just like all Pats seasons are, minus last year which is an obvious outlier.

Some of you are so insecure with this.

There are no moral victories, just W or L. I don't know who the hell is talking about moral victories.
But that does not take away from Mac the Knife being the real deal and the QB of the future.

Win or lose, Mac looked good.

I don't see what the problem with that is. If Folk made the long FG, and we won, would it then be okay to say Mac played well?

He's playing as a true rookie. He doesn't look like he doesn't belong on the field. He didn't embarrass himself and played as well as Brady. To me that is not pathetic, it's encredibly encouraging.

Oh, boy. Do you think Brady was born the GOAT?
What an intelligent post...smfh.

And now there are 4 of you clones on ignore

Did you ask this question in 1994 with Bledsoe or 2001 early on with Brady?

How can your handle be “Grogan” and such a question?

It’s not a “moral victory”, it’s a process just like all Pats seasons are, minus last year which is an obvious outlier.

Some of you are so insecure with this.

The Bledsoe situation has nothing to do Bill punting Brady out the door with no QB in waiting. My point is that while the fan base is blowing each other over how great Mac looked, and how "we almost won", the larger question of how we got here is being ignored. The phrase "In Bill we trust.", only had value because it was proven, sorry to sugar coat it but the other side of his ledger is pointing the other direction and I'm not going to pretend it isn't. Everyone like the 6th round pick we got back for the Defensive player of the year just two years ago? There was a time when Bill would have actually gotten value for a player like that instead of taking scraps because he waited to long. Just one of many decisions that haven't been exactly classic "In Bill we Trust."

Win or lose, Mac looked good.

I don't see what the problem with that is. If Folk made the long FG, and we won, would it then be okay to say Mac played well?

He's playing as a true rookie. He doesn't look like he doesn't belong on the field. He didn't embarrass himself and played as well as Brady. To me that is not pathetic, it's encredibly encouraging.
I'm not criticizing Mac the player, you couldn't expect any rookie QB to do much better. What I'm questioning is Bill and the number of questionable decisions that he has made that have directly resulted in us being 1-3.

I'm not criticizing Mac the player, you couldn't expect any rookie QB to do much better. What I'm questioning is Bill and the number of questionable decisions that he has made that have directly resulted in us being 1-3.

So Bill fumbled the Ball on a potential game-winning drive and missed a FG by a lick of paint? Interesting.

Back