Mac Jones Is Our QB1

142.1 passer rating, but wallowing in the dust of Hoyer the Destroyer's PERFECT afternoon. :rofl:

Kidding. The sports world was impressed, as were we all. QB1!

Cheers
I'd love to see Hoyer getting a real cult following for a laugh. Hoyer the Destroyer is a great parody.

curran forgot to say the biggest thing. Mac is so "everything" that he made curran forget his first love....astonishing! 😁
Curran just signed up for another batch of hair plugs and his conference call with you know who last night from his bath tub was cancelled by Giselle.

Last edited:
curran forgot to say the biggest thing. Mac is so "everything" that he made curran forget his first love....astonishing! 😁
Greg Bedard wrote something very similar last week. Implied that we would see a downhill spiral from Mac the Knife. I wonder how his crow tastes for breakfast.

Greg Bedard wrote something very similar last week. Implied that we would see a downhill spiral from Mac the Knife. I wonder how his crow tastes for breakfast.
I've embarrassed that tubby numerous times on email. It got to the point he blocked me because his ego couldn't admit he was wrong. The troll lives deep inside that one. He's sneaky about it, too. He has good info, lures you in, and then will lie or make something up once earning the "trust". Nope. No sale here. He and Curran are you know who loyalists and won't ever admit you know who made a mistake or did anything wrong.

He is our QB1

"NFL Research: Mac Jones became the first Patriots rookie quarterback with three or more passing touchdowns in a game since Drew Bledsoe did so in 1993. Jones is also the first Patriots rookie quarterback to throw three passing touchdowns and go without an interception in the franchise's history."

I've embarrassed that tubby numerous times on email. It got to the point he blocked me because his ego couldn't admit he was wrong. The troll lives deep inside that one. He's sneaky about it, too. He has good info, lures you in, and then will lie or make something up once earning the "trust". Nope. No sale here. He and Curran are you know who loyalists and won't ever admit you know who made a mistake or did anything wrong.
I don't think that entirely true with Curran. Yes, he's a Brady loyalist. But, he admits when he's wrong and I believe he's also honest. He has the ability and willingness to dump on himself and be very self-deprecating when it's warranted. Bedard , in my opinion, is a BB hater and Curran is not.

I don't think that entirely true with Curran. Yes, he's a Brady loyalist. But, he admits when he's wrong and I believe he's also honest. He has the ability and willingness to dump on himself and be very self-deprecating when it's warranted. Bedard , in my opinion, is a BB hater and Curran is not.
He definitely got more trollish in 2019 and especially last year, perpetuating the idea you know who was somehow wronged by BB.

A local insider like that has a of influence nationally and he knows it.

I prefer Perry and Jeff Howe.

He is our QB1

"NFL Research: Mac Jones became the first Patriots rookie quarterback with three or more passing touchdowns in a game since Drew Bledsoe did so in 1993. "
I mean you could probably say about 50 first things done by a rookie since Bledsoe being that Mac is the first one to start more than 2 games

The thing that still baffles me is why Washington did not trade up to take Mac after Fields came off the board.
In my view they were the only team left that needed a franchise QB. It looks like they believe that the guy that they have now is the long term answer. Maybe BB knew that and that is why he didn't trade up to 12, like I was screaming for him to do.

was in the car when the Pat McAfee show started, and they kicked off with Pats and particularly Mac. will have to find that online later (or if someone has it, share it). worth the listen if you are a Mac/Pats fan (Which I'm guessing we have a few of those somewhere around here :coffee: )

The thing that still baffles me is why Washington did not trade up to take Mac after Fields came off the board.
In my view they were the only team left that needed a franchise QB. It looks like they believe that the guy that they have now is the long term answer. Maybe BB knew that and that is why he didn't trade up to 12, like I was screaming for him to do.
Denver, Miami and Detroit also needed a QB. There is just no explanation as to why some NFL teams just can't get out of their own way.

He definitely got more trollish in 2019 and especially last year, perpetuating the idea you know who was somehow wronged by BB.

A local insider like that has a of influence nationally and he knows it.

I prefer Perry and Jeff Howe.
I like Perry and Howe very much, also and I obvious!y like Curran a lot, as well. Might help that we're fellow graduates of the same college, albeit MANY years apart, LOL.

Yesterday was the 1st day that the rest of the NFL was like, uh oh. There were rumblings, but he played like a savvy vet yesterday. A rookie has no business playing like that.

I think Jones is great - but have to give credit to BB. He just knows how to develop QB's. He doesn't rush them; he gameplans around their strengths, weaknesses and where they are in their progress. He doesn't put them in situations they can't handle.

It makes me wonder what would have happened to Brady if he had been drafted by another coach or team, and also how many QB's over the years have failed because coaches did NOT handle them well.

I like Perry and Howe very much, also and I obvious!y like Curran a lot, as well. Might help that we're fellow graduates of the same college, albeit MANY years apart, LOL.
I used to like him a lot, but I just noticed a bit of a shift with him during 2019 and 2020 with regards to you know who and I found it childish and unprofessional on his part.

Anyway, back to Mac....He threw 6 or 7 beautiful balls yesterday that honestly looked like it was you know who. The TD pass to Henry is actually a tough ball to get right with timing and trajectory and the over the shoulder one to Henry was also a tough one. He just has such a feel for the game, it's beyond impressive this kid is a rookie.

Back