Mac Jones Is Our QB1

No, he's a terrible GM. He let you know who go and Gilmore... On top of that Gilmore got a pick in that game against them, so there, proof positive :coffee:
"BB the GM is killing BB the Coach".....Do you know how many times we've read that the last 18 months? As if the people were in a coma in 2001, 2002 or 2003 or 2009, 2010, 2011.

It's fascinating to me that our fans, who have 20 years of proof and 2 dynasties, still don't understand how and why he does it the way he does.

Going back in time...

FEQFYLGXMAEg-67

This makes me think...

All too often kids that grow up with a silver spoon in their mouths lack the determination that Mac exudes.

I bet his parents did a very nice job keeping things real.

Plus, he is Mac too. LOL

Here's a big thing in my mind. An idea that brings me the joy that only a truly perverse form of schadenfreude can bring. The GMs of 14 Teams, plus all of the QB needy teams that could have jumped the 15th pick and prevented the MAC Jones to the Patriots disaster, rueing their failures on draft day 2021, every single day for the rest of their lives..

How sweet it would be.

Cheers, BostonTim

100%.

Brings a smile every time it crosses my mind.

He was a joy to watch at Bama and he is a joy to watch now.

Mac Jones Is Our QB1

For wh at it is worth.

Greeny: "Patriots' quarterback Mac Jones has definitely proven to be elite in the playoffs"​

Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Last edited:
I had told my husband prior to the draft that we should get Mac Jones. He would be going from Saban to Belichick who is essence Nick who is in essence Bill in pressers, in how they draft, how they use their players and so much more. This made the transition easier for Mack compared to other rookie QBs before and during this draft.

MacSinceWeek4-768x432.png

Here are Mac’s ranks among 35 qualified QBs in EPA per play, completion percentage over expected (CPOE), PFF passing grade, and passer rating since Week 4: sixth, fifth, third, and sixth.
Jones isn’t just good for a rookie. He’s arguably a top-ten quarterback in the NFL, with 11 big-time throws in that span, which ties him with Mahomes, Dak, and Lamar in “wow” passes.

Here's a big thing in my mind. An idea that brings me the joy that only a truly perverse form of schadenfreude can bring. The GMs of 14 Teams, plus all of the QB needy teams that could have jumped the 15th pick and prevented the MAC Jones to the Patriots disaster, rueing their failures on draft day 2021, every single day for the rest of their lives..

How sweet it would be.

Cheers, BostonTim
Indeed. How about this ..... the rest of the NFL have been looking for the next TB12 for the last 2 decades and, don't look now but, it may well be the Pats that found him ....

Indeed. How about this ..... the rest of the NFL have been looking for the next TB12 for the last 2 decades and, don't look now but, it may well be the Pats that found him ....
No. The Patriots didn't "find" anything.

Mac FELL to the inept drafting Patriots.

The Patriots were LUCKY Mac was still there at 15.

Bellichick spread DISINFORMATION about Mac having a weak arm and a low ceiling.

Mr. Kraft had a few of his lot lizard ladies visit the owner of the 49ers and has PICTURES.

Goodell ORDERED the rest of the league to not draft Mac so the Patriots could have him.

Belichick had plastic chess sets delivered to the other teams draft rooms in order to CONFUSE them on draft day.

Well..... the JETS.

Got it? It was a fuckin' CONSPIRACY!

No. The Patriots didn't "find" anything.

Mac FELL to the inept drafting Patriots.

The Patriots were LUCKY Mac was still there at 15.

Bellichick spread DISINFORMATION about Mac having a weak arm and a low ceiling.

Mr. Kraft had a few of his lot lizard ladies visit the owner of the 49ers and has PICTURES.

Goodell ORDERED the rest of the league to not draft Mac so the Patriots could have him.

Belichick had plastic chess sets delivered to the other teams draft rooms in order to CONFUSE them on draft day.

Well..... the JETS.

Got it? It was a fuckin' CONSPIRACY!
OK, if you say so

Last edited:
I had told my husband prior to the draft that we should get Mac Jones. He would be going from Saban to Belichick who is essence Nick who is in essence Bill in pressers, in how they draft, how they use their players and so much more. This made the transition easier for Mack compared to other rookie QBs before and during this draft.
I would say everyone saw that, but what is mindboggling are the teams who saw the other clearly flawed QBs as superior. It took 5 mins to deduce Trey Lance and Zach Wilson won't make it in this league simply by looking at their tape on You Tube. I don't even watch much college football, so I got to trusty ol' You Tube and do the eye test. It's pretty rock solid.

It doesn't make sense for the media to rave about Joe Burrow in the SEC one year and then somehow a guy who outperformed him the very next year, beating out a 5 star recruit in the process and winning a national title, as somehow is inferior to not only Burrow as a prospect, but to guys like Trey Lance and Zach Wilson. The latter two needing to run to be able to make plays, by just chucking it 20+ yards down the field on broken plays, over and over.

You'd have to ask the Jets and 49ers if they took dummy pills together from January up through the draft in May to understand why they would come to the conclusions they did. It doesn't make any sense.

The only logical conclusion is the obsession over thinkning you need your QB to be able to run and run a lot due to speed of the defenses. That's nice to have, but there is a reason why they're doing a lot of running at the college level against Div 2 competition.

I honestly thought the Trey Lance thing by SF was a complete bluff and it would be Mac Jones. Nope. I was wrong and honestly Lynch/Shanahan's seats are piping hot at this point. I give them 2 seasons to see if Lance progresses.

I am telling ya, this pandemic has sent people into Dumb-Dumb Land worse than what it was pre-pandemic.

Last edited:
I would say everyone saw that, but what is mindboggling are the teams who saw the other clearly flawed QBs as superior. It took 5 mins to deduce Trey Lance and Zach Wilson won't make it in this league simply by looking at their tape on You Tube. I don't even watch much college football, so I got to trusty ol' You Tube and do the eye test. It's pretty rock solid.

It doesn't make sense for the media to rave about Joe Burrow in the SEC one year and then somehow a guy who outperformed him the very next year, beating out a 5 star recruit in the process and winning a national title, as somehow is inferior to not only Burrow as a prospect, but to guys like Trey Lance and Zach Wilson. The latter two needing to run to be able to make plays, by just chucking it 20+ yards down the field on broken plays, over and over.

You'd have to ask the Jets and 49ers if they took dummy pills together from January up through the draft in May to understand why they would come to the conclusions they did. It doesn't make any sense.

The only logical conclusion is the obsession over thinkning you need your QB to be able to run and run a lot due to speed of the defenses. That's nice to have, but there is a reason why they're doing a lot of running at the college level against Div 2 competition.

I honestly thought the Trey Lance thing by SF was a complete bluff and it would be Mac Jones. Nope. I was wrong and honestly Lynch/Shanahan's seats are piping hot at this point. I give them 2 seasons to see if Lance progresses.

I am telling ya, this pandemic has sent people into Dumb-Dumb Land worse than what it was pre-pandemic.

I would disagree that everyone saw that, I know quite a few who did not. And before you call them dumb dumbs or any other words, they are not.

Not everyone saw as many games like some others did while some had their blinders focused on other draftees especially if they just happen to listen to a talking head.

I am just glad we landed him since he was basically coached by Bill's clone.

Last edited:
I would disagree that everyone saw that, I know quite a few who did not. And before you call them dumb dumbs or any other words, they are not.

Not everyone saw as many games like some others did and not everyone had their blinders open while their brains on other draftees.

I am just glad we landed him since he was basically coached by Bill's clone.
I am not calling your friends "dumb-dumbs", I am calling the media and the people who think they're the smartest people in the room dumb. There were 6-7 teams beyond Jax, not even including us who needed a franchise QB, and beyond Lawrence, arguably as good or maybe better, Mac Jones was clearly the guy.

Denver, Chicago, Miami, Carolina could have not traded for Darnold, etc. The Rams could have used their 1st rd pick and something else and tried to move up to 13 or 14 in front of NE. I was actually nervous when the Bears traded up they were going to take Jones and we'd be stuck with Fields. I do not like OSU prospects at all.

I can just see these people all in a little room patting themselves on the back thinking they've split the atom and found the next legendary QB that is athletic and can run, where they all pat themselves on the back thinking they've done it.

It's called arrogance. It's an enormous risk to pretend a run-based QB or a QB that tucks the ball a lot and runs when the 1st read isn't there, is somehow the way to go if the defenses are getting faster.

This why Lamar Jackson can't throw. He relies on a guy being wide open to do so or he runs 20 times a game out of a pistol. It won't work. It might in a small window of time, but not over 17 games, year to year.

Back