Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Albert Breer has speculated that the Pats are willing to trade Mac. I don't believe that and I'd be very disappointed if it turns out to be true.
BOB was brought in specifically for Mac. BB knows Patricia was a total failure.

Last edited:
Albert Breer has speculated that the Pats are willing to trade Mac. I don't believe that and I'd be very disappointed if it turns out to be true.

Breer sits on his ass and makes stuff up. Going back to a statement made to a different reporter about a different question that got a non-answer (for crying out loud) as the basis for his ridiculous speculation is pure Albert. The Boston press is simply the worst in the country and it’s not even close.

My wife told me that in The Point After Chris Gasper says the Pats should trade Mac Jones and bring back JimmyG. I ignored her link and didn't read Gaspar's piece. Every year the offseason reminds me more and more of the ending of the movie Chinatown. Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown the offseason.

Fixed the above posting:

"So I think it'll be interesting to see what would happen if real news sourced from credible sources by me would come along. I don't think real news sourced from credible sources by me is going to come along, but it'd be interesting to see what would happen if real news sourced from credible sources by me did come along., but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you because most things I write is made-up kaka anyway."

My wife told me that in The Point After Chris Gasper says the Pats should trade Mac Jones and bring back JimmyG. I ignored her link and didn't read Gaspar's piece. Every year the offseason reminds me more and more of the ending of the movie Chinatown. Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown the offseason.
Wow. Great analogie!

Cheers, :toast:

Great movie.

Been hearing similar comments. Kyle is real good at devising plays, not so good on the blocking aspects.

This scheme has gotten every QB hurt. JimmyG many times. Trey. Purdy. Even Joe Montana got wrecked in a similar west coast scheme. There’s some sort of tradeoff with the fancy play designs that leaves the QB exposed to massive hits

Mac seems to be extra inspired after a tough sophomore year. Love to see it.

This is what will make him great. A relentless work ethic. But I think he should spend as much time with O’Brien as he can. Work on pocket movement and poise against the blitz. And also get his mental processing as fast as possible on his 4-5 reads every single play as well as become a master at offensive line protection and adjusting based on defense. For Mac it will be about studying and mental excellence and timing/anticipation. All this weight lifting isn’t going to help him much imo.

This is what will make him great. A relentless work ethic. But I think he should spend as much time with O’Brien as he can. Work on pocket movement and poise against the blitz. And also get his mental processing as fast as possible on his 4-5 reads every single play as well as become a master at offensive line protection and adjusting based on defense. For Mac it will be about studying and mental excellence and timing/anticipation. All this weight lifting isn’t going to help him much imo.
No reason to think he won't.

I don't see his weight lifting as a draw back. I believe you will see much of what you say you want from him this season because of #1 a much better offencive plan under Billy O. #2 a by far improved blocking O-Line again under Billy O and his staff. #3 No more of the strange issues of getting the play in before the helmets shut off under Bill O. #4 Far better communication over all for the offence.

Posted this elsewhere, but it should have been in this thread...

Why was he pulled?????? Not yet fully healed? Patricia was well over his head and making really dumb decisions as he did the entire season? Both? More?

No QB was gonna perform for long (a game or two) in that clusterfuck of an offense Patricia had last year. Not Tom Brady unless he just took over and ignored Patricia and I think he would have. Hell, Tom would never have allowed that decision to be made. He would have been camping on Krafts back veranda banging on his bedroom door.

No sane person can judge Mac or Zappe based on last year. You have to throw the entire year out.

EXCEPT! Except for one glaring thing that too many people missed last year. That is the FACT that somehow Mac Jones made that clusterfuck work a little as the season wore on. Not great, but DAMN! It was impressive to see him start to over come the awful Patricia experiment.

I am still judging Mac by his 2001 2021 performance as a ROOKIE that made the playoffs and grew as a QB until it was obvious Josh had checked out. So I read his potential as very high based on that. THEN....... then I add in what he was able to do towards the end of last year as I stated above.

We enter year 2.1 (not 3.0) of the Mac Jones era for all real intents and purposes. I don't have the exceptional football knowledge that many on here do (wanna talk hockey?) that we all benefit from. Not gonna try to name them because I will forget a couple and that isn't fair. You and I both know who they are (and who they aren't too, LOL). But what I do bring to the table is a keen eye for the obvious and a shit ton of hard earned common sense and I have been told I am not stupid as well. And that is all you need sometimes. WRT Mac this is one of those times.

Now don't make me type that much ever again. My pointer fingers are bruised. ;)

Last edited:

I am still judging Mac by his 2001 performance as a ROOKIE that made th playoffs and grew as a QB until it was obvious Josh had checked out. So I read his potential as very high based on that. THEN....... then I add in what he was able to do towards the end of last year as I stated above.
He was a rookie in 2001 where exactly?🫨

Back