Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Eh. You just want to ignore the reality that Mac was set up to fail and has been unable to overcome it. Most would have failed to overcome the offensive shit show of the last 2 years.

There will never be another Brady.
i think if mac is ever going to turn it around,it has to be for another franchise. had i seen even SOME measure of fight/resolve/etc. from him this year i might believe he could stay and work through his issues. i think he may not have the right mental makeup (not talking about the smarts)to be an nfl qb. you have to care so much and be so determined that you can blow things off, which sounds contradictory but it isn't. take for example when he threw that horrible pick six vs dallas as a rookie. on the very next drive, he put that out of his mind and led a scoring drive featuring a rocket of a tough,ballsy throw. i thought that was a huge deal that he could put that shitty play behind him and do that. that's what i mean.

Least amount of time to throw and least WR separation.
Are you basing that on an actual stat? Geno Smith and Mahomes have had more hurries, and he's tied with 2 other QBs in that stat, and he's pretty much middle of the pack for pocket time. I don't know about the 2nd thing or whether that stat exists.

i think if mac is ever going to turn it around,it has to be for another franchise. had i seen even SOME measure of fight/resolve/etc. from him this year i might believe he could stay and work through his issues. i think he may not have the right mental makeup (not talking about the smarts)to be an nfl qb. you have to care so much and be so determined that you can blow things off, which sounds contradictory but it isn't. take for example when he threw that horrible pick six vs dallas as a rookie. on the very next drive, he put that out of his mind and led a scoring drive featuring a rocket of a tough,ballsy throw. i thought that was a huge deal that he could put that shitty play behind him and do that. that's what i mean.

Surely he already has a sports psychologist provided by the Pats, no?
But if not get him one pronto!

How when he has been pulled twice in a row, and the points have been trending down from week one? Funny how on the post game Curran is now saying look how long the ball takes to get there etc.

Been saying that for a long, long time now.

Try out Grier. Or run Cunningham out there. I mean if you are going to lose, then lose.
He doesn't have an NFL arm

He doesn't have an NFL arm

I know and I have said that plenty. It's almost, like once it becomes so apparent media people are starting to talk about it, as if it wasn't a problem all along. To that end, its again almost like they tell us what they want us to think, instead of what they actual reality is.

Mac's arm hasn't gotten any better, or worse. That the funny thing.

I know and I have said that plenty. It's almost, like once it becomes so apparent media people are starting to talk about it, as if it wasn't a problem all along. To that end, its again almost like they tell us what they want us to think, instead of what they actual reality is.

Mac's arm hasn't gotten any better, or worse. That the funny thing.
You don't have a clue. The lack of the Patriots attention to offensive issues is the reason for Mac's problems. You're just a petty, little boy.

Emphasis on "petty".

You don't have a clue. The lack of the Patriots attention to offensive issues is the reason for Mac's problems. You're just a petty, little boy.

Emphasis on "petty".

As I stated earlier, this must be really, really, really hard on you right now. Over on another Pats board, there are people actively posting about not treating those who backed Mac to the hilt with disdain and to not gloat. Well, I agree with that sentiment, so you won't get any of that from me, even directed at someone like you who sink to lows to make yourself feel better, and to hopelessly keep people on the equivalent of Titanic which is your misguided view of Mac Jones.

As to the bolded, on that INT to Parker, Zo was nuts about it being under thrown, and if you watch again, it was.

Mac has been fucking awful but this team is a mess in general. Coaching and personnel have been bad over the past couple seasons.

BB needs to shoulder significant blame for the shit product he's putting out on that field.

No idea what the solution is but this team is borderline unwatchable right now.

Team is atrocious. Absolutely nothing positive to point to. Rail on about Mac if you must, but he’s got plenty of company.
Shittiest stretch I can recall in over thirty years.
As unbelievable and difficult as it is to say, it falls primarily on BB. He’s the architect. He picks the groceries and cooks the dinner.
Fukking hell.

These trading cards work on the “Bigger fool” theory… you pay $3k for a Mac jones card because you think there is a bigger fool that will pay you more :coffee:

I have a couple of TB12 rookie cards that are worth quite a bit and some more I have procured over the years. People took a bath on Luck and RG3 rookie cards though. That one was bad.

Bill confirmed that Mac will remain as starting QB . Alyouis made a good point in an earlier post about Mac , his mental state seems to be more of the issue .In my opinion , ability is not a question , he has shown he can play.This begs the question as to why he has'nt.My hunch is either that Mac has let something something crawl into his brain or let someone put it there.

As most of you know , a brain bug can be fatal to a QB ( athletes) and this could be the case if he doesn't extract his craniums from his differential.I also believe that his poor choices spring from " trying to make something happen ".
His whole career basically hangs on this season and he is playing to save his ass . He doesn't really have a " play it safe and lose option ".For Mac , this is " Go big or go home " territory and even INT's are not on the radar , it is do anything to win because that's the only way he remains in the league .He can't think " oh , I'll just go to another team " , no one will knock on the door if he doesn't perform this year . He is about 11 games away from a promising career at Walmart if he doesn't get a grip.

Back