Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Guess who is the QB1 of the NEP?

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Let's see how he does down in Miami this weekend. If it continues from last week, then maybe there is something to build upon. If it reverts to the norm, then I suppose there may not be a little light at the end of the tunnel. You have been celebrating way, way, way too early.

Let's see how he does down in Miami this weekend. If it continues from last week, then maybe there is something to build upon. If it reverts to the norm, then I suppose there may not be a little light at the end of the tunnel. You have been celebrating way, way, way too early.

His performance should be judged in context with how well the OL performs against the Dolphins. If the OL doesn't perform well against the 'fins, Mac can't be expected to have that kind of performance. To me, Mac needs a solid OL to play his best.

His performance should be judged in context with how well the OL performs against the Dolphins. If the OL doesn't perform well against the 'fins, Mac can't be expected to have that kind of performance. To me, Mac needs a solid OL to play his best.
And if the O Line is not at their best, Mac cannot and must not turn the ball over. No weak throws across the field, lame tosses etc. If the O Line plays crap and he takes his licks and sacks and doesn't turn the ball over, he'll get a pass.

And if the O Line is not at their best, Mac cannot and must not turn the ball over. No weak throws across the field, lame tosses etc. If the O Line plays crap and he takes his licks and sacks and doesn't turn the ball over, he'll get a pass.
I agree and he’ll get a pass from me, too. But, we both know he’ll get zero passes from most fans and the media.

Wut? Wait. I thought his teammates hated him? This is so confusing????

• Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff WriterOct 25, 2023, 06:00 AM ET

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones had just helped engineer the most exciting comeback of his NFL career Sunday -- a 29-25 win over the Buffalo Bills -- and teammates kept coming up to congratulate him as he stood next to CBS sideline reporter Evan Washburn as part of a postgame interview.
Jones shared a celebratory embrace with defensive tackle Davon Godchaux as Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" played inside Gillette Stadium, followed by long-snapper Joe Cardona and defensive end Deatrich Wise Jr. Then, just when it appeared there was an opening for Jones to conduct the interview, safety Jabrill Peppers came charging in, followed by linebacker Mack Wilson Sr. and tight end Mike Gesicki.
They all seemed to recognize the magnitude of the moment for Jones, and their actions reflected a potential springboard for the 2-5 Patriots as they turn the page to Sunday's road game against the 5-2 Miami Dolphins (1 p.m. ET, CBS).
"I think our entire football team is happy for Mac, to see him go out and perform the way he did," said Matthew Slater, a team captain and its longest-tenured player.

"Certainly it's been a trying year for him, just like it's been for all of us. But it says a lot about who he is as a young man to be able to go out and put all that behind him and perform the way he did. When he plays well, it gives our whole football team a boost."

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones had just helped engineer the most exciting comeback of his NFL career Sunday -- a 29-25 win over the Buffalo Bills -- and teammates kept coming up to congratulate him as he stood next to CBS sideline reporter Evan Washburn as part of a postgame interview.
Jones shared a celebratory embrace with defensive tackle Davon Godchaux as Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" played inside Gillette Stadium, followed by long-snapper Joe Cardona and defensive end Deatrich Wise Jr. Then, just when it appeared there was an opening for Jones to conduct the interview, safety Jabrill Peppers came charging in, followed by linebacker Mack Wilson Sr. and tight end Mike Gesicki.
They all seemed to recognize the magnitude of the moment for Jones, and their actions reflected a potential springboard for the 2-5 Patriots as they turn the page to Sunday's road game against the 5-2 Miami Dolphins (1 p.m. ET, CBS).
"I think our entire football team is happy for Mac, to see him go out and perform the way he did," said Matthew Slater, a team captain and its longest-tenured player.

"Certainly it's been a trying year for him, just like it's been for all of us. But it says a lot about who he is as a young man to be able to go out and put all that behind him and perform the way he did. When he plays well, it gives our whole football team a boost."
I remember when the entire team "hated their coach".

Ok, so one guy from the offensive side likes him? :) I never thought they hated them, but it was very odd when he was put on his ass after the whistle in LV, the Oline didn't seem to give a shit. Can you explain that?

Ok, so one guy from the offensive side likes him? :) I never thought they hated them, but it was very odd when he was put on his ass after the whistle in LV, the Oline didn't seem to give a shit. Can you explain that?
That appeared odd to me, too. But I don’t think it was what it appeared to be in actuality. He wasn’t lambasted on that play, and their reactions probably have much more to do with their own performance, the entire game, and specifically on that play.

if you’ve played team sports before there’s not a huge delta between how different positions whether they be offensive or defense feel about players. Everybody feels the same way generally a lot other players on the team.

Or maybe on a football team in high school where you play both ways the defense players only like you when you’re playing offense? Lol I was being sarcastic.

Last edited:
I would say you are reading more into it than was actually there. The O-line had Mafi -Rookie,, Sow,-Rookie, and Lowe in his first year with the Pats and only 2nd year in the NFL all playing the full game Could it be that they are just a bit to overwhelmed to have the kind of reaction you think they should have had.

The 2023 trade is probably what we would be talking about. Tommy may think that's worth trading for a little bit more talented Baker Mayfield, with a attitude of entitlement. I don't know.
But, I sure as hell don't.
Williams' attitude reminds me of Ryan Leaf and Zach Wilson. Perhaps that's unfair, but some of the comments I've heard are major red flags.

Williams' attitude reminds me of Ryan Leaf and Zach Wilson. Perhaps that's unfair, but some of the comments I've heard are major red flags.
I think Ryan Leaf is in a class all by himself. Manziel would be the only one that I can think of that might be Ryan's equal, maybe even the low bar.

The 2023 trade is probably what we would be talking about. Tommy may think that's worth trading for a little bit more talented Baker Mayfield, with a attitude of entitlement. I don't know.
But, I sure as hell don't.
I don’t think he actually believes that. He’s just fallen victim to trolling.

Certainly not. Don't forget: I'm the confused guy. Though I will say that the Olinesmen didn't pick him up is an observable fact. Whether that means they didn't give a shit or not is a personal opinion of which I have none about this. Has any of them spoken? was the guy who celbrated with him the only Olinesman who did so or merely the only Olinesman who was mentioned in the article? Was he on the field when Jones got up by himself? So many questions, so few answers.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it was situational, based on how everyone felt at the time, both times. But that is affected by my feelings about the Oline and QB.

I just don't know. My post was kind of a reply to the piling onto Mac based on one incident. Tom Jackson's comment "they hate their coach" was accepted by some fans as truth. (Maybe not here, IDK. I was on patsfans at the time.)

:toast:

Back