Mallet trade rumors on ESPNBoston.com

I thought Cleveland did a great job. NFL network already said there be targeting USC WR lee with there 2nd round pick.

Lee won't be as good at bailing out Manziel as Evans was. Hoyer can use Lee though. But...I doubt Cleveland is telling anyone anything about their plans.

Lee won't be as good at bailing out Manziel as Evans was. Hoyer can use Lee though. But...I doubt Cleveland is telling anyone anything about their plans.

Hoyer's response when asked about Manziel pushing him: "BRING IT ON!"

FWIW (rumors) -

Philly looking to move Brandon Graham; will take "almost anything". I have half a ham sammich left over from yesterday's lunch. If somebody can kick in a few stale Fritos, that could put us over the top.

Bills may be looking to move Stevie Johnson. Meh.

Werder reporting:
1) He asked the Pats about Mallett and was told "he's not available for trade."
2) The Bucs have no plans to trade Glennon after Lovie said, post-draft, that he see Glennon as their "QB of the future."

FWIW (rumors) -

Philly looking to move Brandon Graham; will take "almost anything". I have half a ham sammich left over from yesterday's lunch. If somebody can kick in a few stale Fritos, that could put us over the top.

Bills may be looking to move Stevie Johnson. Meh.

Werder reporting:
1) He asked the Pats about Mallett and was told "he's not available for trade."
2) The Bucs have no plans to trade Glennon after Lovie said, post-draft, that he see Glennon as their "QB of the future."

Stevie Johnson was moved too SF for a conditional 4th next year I think I just heard.

Stevie Johnson was moved too SF for a conditional 4th next year I think I just heard.
There loading up on WR's . Kapernick has to be happy . Now boldin can be moved to the slot. Johnson & Crabtree will start on the outside

Mallet trade rumors have totally died since yesterday afternoon. Just googled searched it and nothing but yesterdays news

I wonder: With the Texans picking Clowney and changing schemes. Would that make Texans' LDE/OLB Brooks Reed available? I've had a bro-crush on him since before he was drafted. And I think he'd be excellent splitting snaps at Nink's spot.

According to Schefter, a 2015 4th that could improve to a 3rd. Decent deal for the Niners; very good deal for the Bills.

I wonder: With the Texans picking Clowney and changing schemes. Would that make Texans' LDE/OLB Brooks Reed available? I've had a bro-crush on him since before he was drafted. And I think he'd be excellent splitting snaps at Nink's spot.

Reed maybe fits Crennel's scheme better than Mercilus, though Mercilus was more productive in the previous 4-3. IDK. Either way, I guess. They probably won't be parting with either of them anytime soon.

here is a look at the team's history at the quarterback position under Belichick:

2013: 2 (Brady/Mallett)
2012: 2 (Brady/Mallett)
2011: 3 (Brady/Brian Hoyer/Mallett)
2010: 2 (Brady/Hoyer)
2009: 2 (Brady/Hoyer)
2008: 3 (Brady/Cassel/Kevin O'Connell)
2007: 3 (Brady/Cassel/Matt Gutierrez)
2006: 2/3 (Brady/Matt Cassel -- Testaverde/mid-year)
2005: 3 (Brady/Cassel/Doug Flutie)
2004: 3 (Brady/Rohan Davey/Jim Miller)
2003: 3 (Brady/Davey/Damon Huard)
2002: 3 (Brady/Davey/Huard)
2001: 3 (Drew Bledsoe/Brady/Huard)
2000: 4 (Bledsoe/John Friesz/Michael Bishop/Brady)

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...qbs?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Only 4/14 years has BB carried only 2 QBs. 3 this year seems more normal.

here is a look at the team's history at the quarterback position under Belichick:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...qbs?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

But only once since the Emergency QB Spot was turned into a regular 46th active player.

My takeaway from the list is that only ONCE has BB gone with a rookie as Brady's sole backup - Hoyer in 2009. Considering that 2009 was Brady's comeback season with at least a few inherent unknowns, it seems to me that BB must've held Hoyer in very high regard. IOW, there remains at least some possibility that, if JG really looks good, Mallett could be moved by the end of Camp.

But only once since the Emergency QB Spot was turned into a regular 46th active player.

Excellent point.

And that was Mallet's rookie year so it would have been even more of a risk to have him as the backup should TFB+ get hurt.

However, applying that same logic would suggest we carry three this year for the same reason.

Unless JG clearly outplays Mallet in camp.

Excellent point.

And that was Mallet's rookie year so it would have been even more of a risk to have him as the backup should TFB+ get hurt.

However, applying that same logic would suggest we carry three this year for the same reason.

Unless JG clearly outplays Mallet in camp.
Another possibility is that Mallet gets traded, and BB picks up a veteran that's a late pre-season cut (e.g. Ponder).

Back