Mike Adams: One Dirty MFer

vertigho

Reaction score
Thought this deserved a thread of its own. Watch what Mike Adams does in this gif, clearly karate chopping Gronk's surgically repaired arm, making no attempt to tackle Gronk nor make a play for the ball.

I suppose there's a small chance that he meant no harm and was simply trying to knock down Gronk's incoming stiff arm, but it seems a bit more malicious and forceful than something like that.

Also reading that Sergio Brown was doing the same thing, but no gifs to prove it.

Gotta love Julian's huge block on him!

Link below:

http://www.gfycat.com/ScratchyShadowyBrahmancow

I think he was obviously going for the ball.

Gronk had just switched arms, and Adams was lining it up to knock the ball out.

Ouch, sure does seem like he went for Gronk's arm. I am also glad the Edelman plastered hum.

That is one great video BTW.

I just don't believe players in the heat of battle, during a play going by so fast have time to actually stop and contemplate, which arm should I go after? Oh yes, here he comes I'll try and break it.

I think he was obviously going for the ball.

Gronk had just switched arms, and Adams was lining it up to knock the ball out.

Looked to me that Gronk switched AFTER Adams swatted at his left arm in order to avoid the oncoming DB, #28.

Sure looks like he hit his left arm with intent.

Adams doesn't begin his windup until a number of seconds after Gronk shifts the ball to his other hand. He had plenty of time to think about which arm he was going to hack.

Not saying he was trying to shatter his arm, but I do think he intended to karate chop that left arm, again, perhaps to avoid getting stiff-armed.

Still, given the force and technique of the chopping action, one can only wonder.

It looked like he was trying to knock away the stiff arm. Edelman laying him out (twice) was equally as fun to watch as Gronk's take no prisoners TD.

Sure looks like he hit his left arm with intent.

Adams doesn't begin his windup until a solid 1-1.5 seconds after Gronk shifts the ball to his other hand.

Not saying he was trying to shatter his arm, but I do think he intended to karate chop that left arm, again, perhaps to avoid getting stiff-armed.

Still, given the force and technique of the chopping action, one can only wonder.

This is what I see as well. Not sure if he was intentionally trying to hurt Gronk's arm or not or it just happened so quickly that he didn;t realize gronk switched hands. In either case, I am glad Edleman pasted him.

You just know Edelman went right into his face after the tackle yelling "Tackle that Motherf**ker"

Loved hearing BB talk today about how heated practices get between the offense and those DBs. We know Edelman really gets in their faces and the DBs love him for it.

When practice is going so well and has an added edge it's a coaches dream. You know things are going well when that happens.

It looked like he was trying to knock away the stiff arm. Edelman laying him out (twice) was equally as fun to watch as Gronk's take no prisoners TD.

C arnage. #52 D'Qwell Jackson was the first guy to him at the sideline. Check the vid. He's still trying to get up. At the other end, #21 Vontae davis made a serious judgemental error stepping in front of a Hurtling Gronk at the Goal line. :facepalm: Ouch.

Cheers

You have to be ****ing kidding me.

It's pretty clear to me that Adams is chopping at Gronk's left arm with intent.

Whether or not he consciously thought to himself, "I want to break his arm" is obviously a matter of dispute, but I don't buy that this was a genuine attempt to swipe at the ball/make a football play.

He either wanted to inflict harm on his arm, or (and this is probably the more likely scenario), he wanted to chop down the incoming stiff arm. Even if it's the latter, I'm not sure I'm OK with it. Sure seems like a pretty dangerous and malicious play even if there was no intent to injure.

Why not just attempt to wrap Gronk up, regardless of how difficult it may be?

He was trying to knock the ball out. This entire thread is absurd.

I simply don't see that at all.

The ball was in his off-arm and had been there for more than enough time for Adams to know where the ball was.

He didn't lunge or reach for the ball while chopping, nor did he swing around to the rear of Gronk and attempt to punch it out from behind. He simply threw down a vicious karate-chop right across Gronk's obviously extended and non-ball carrying arm.

There really wasn't any doubt as to the fact that the ball wasn't in the arm in question. Again, Adams didn't begin his windup until after Gronk had raised his off-arm to shield himself.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Adam's was intentionally trying to injure Gronk, because quite frankly that'd be absurd to claim. And I will admit that my thread title was rather off-base, but I don't think there's much question as to whether Adam's was making a play on the ball or not. But that's just me. I suppose I could kind of see how he'd be swiping at the ball, but I don't know.

I've watched that GIF a few hundred times (like almost everyone else here, I suppose) and think there was blatant unsportsmanlike conduct. It appears Gronk tried to skull fvck Davis in the EZ, and may have succeeded. Come on, Gronk. Kids watch the games.

Back