Most boring NFL regular season ever

The Big Lebowski said:
No offense, but I am rooting for a Sunday night drubbing of the colts, followed by you getting crabs in vegas, and then a week of rain.

o:)

I say this with the utmost respect!

Hey, if i get crabs in vegas that at least means that I'm getting laid! You gotta take the good with the bad I guess :rolleyes:

Uh yeah, Alcoholic.......Dillon and Maroney are saving the date for that matchup...:(

I never wanted to Colts to lose so much in my life - and it was all because of MONEY!

I considered laying some money on the Titans. I knew that Indy would not cover. Don't ask me how, just deep down in my gut.

Anyway, I wanted Indy to lose because there haven't been any major upsets in my knockout pool thus far. Indy would have been staggering.

The 3 biggest picks for this past weekend's game: Indy, Carolina, and Chicago. I took Chicago and Carolina. About 1,700 folks would've been eliminated.

It does seem to me like the level of competition this season is really down from past seasons.

The top teams have struggled in some games against weak teams. Nobody seems to really look to run away with anything.

The only certainty seems to be that the Raiders are lousy!

Boring?

Take a look at the Red Sox. Now that is boring. The Pats are 4-1 and only got up for the Bengals thus far.

ColtFan81 said:
Oh, and could someone please tell me....Is it Foxboro or Foxborough?! Or is that 2 different cities?

The real answer is it is BOTH.

It was orginally spelled with the UGH, but as with many Boroughs in the state, can be shortened. In 1936 the town put this sign on the common:

histsign.jpeg

In 1978, it was replaced with

histcomsign.jpeg

But many of the local businesses also use the shortened version. "The Foxboro Company" was a large employer in the town and "Foxboro Stadium" are a few examples.

Anyway, both are acceptable.

Undertaker #59 said:
The real answer is it is BOTH.

It was orginally spelled with the UGH, but as with many Boroughs in the state, can be shortened. In 1936 the town put this sign on the common:

histsign.jpeg

In 1978, it was replaced with

histcomsign.jpeg

But many of the local businesses also use the shortened version. "The Foxboro Company" was a large employer in the town and "Foxboro Stadium" are a few examples.

Anyway, both are acceptable.

Thanks UT! Just one of those things that I wondered about but never asked or bothered to look up.

Hey anyone know how many Dunkin Donuts are in Foxboro?

I really miss that place. I am a regular when I am back home. :thumb:

127 MAIN ST., FOXBORO, MA 02035, USA 508-543-5459 1.73 M/2.88 KM

32 COMMERCIAL ST, FOXBORO, MA 02035, USA 508-698-3307 1.97 M/3.28 KM

263 MAIN ST, FOXBORO, MA 02035, USA 508-698-9216 3.70 M/6.16 KM

Undertaker #59 said:
127 MAIN ST., FOXBORO, MA 02035, USA 508-543-5459 1.73 M/2.88 KM

32 COMMERCIAL ST, FOXBORO, MA 02035, USA 508-698-3307 1.97 M/3.28 KM

263 MAIN ST, FOXBORO, MA 02035, USA 508-698-9216 3.70 M/6.16 KM

:LOL:

Oh you have been there too. :D

RoadGrader said:
if you actually live in the Town and pay taxes there, it is Foxborough......

if you just go to the Pats game at Gillette and barf in the parking lot before or after the game, then it is Foxboro

Is it barf or baurgh?

this thread needs to be bumped, but please try to stay on topic, although I think the fact that nearly every football-related thread (few that there are anymore) devolves into a discussion of things like "where's the nearest dunkin' donuts?" is more evidence that this really is

THE MOST BORING NFL SEASON EVER

thomas144 on 10-19-2006 at 11:32 AM said:
this thread needs to be bumped, but please try to stay on topic, although I think the fact that nearly every football-related thread (few that there are anymore) devolves into a discussion of things like "where's the nearest dunkin' donuts?" is more evidence that this really is

You may have something there, thomas.

I mean, so far this year, I can't say I've been real pumped by any game, even my beloved Colts. Maybe it's been the level of competition (or lack thereof)... I dunno. I enjoy the games, I watch em all, but I can't think of one I've really, really been pumped up about.

Even this board seems to be a bit lacking, as compared to last season (if memory serves).

Huh - anyone got any ideas?

Sod?

There's a word that sounds silly repeated over and over

sod sod sod sod sod sod sod

thomas144 on 10-19-2006 at 11:32 AM said:

not only will I stay on topic thomas, I will alleviate you of your boredom

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6OhduKY3hng"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6OhduKY3hng" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thanks RG. Just what I needed this morning. A taco Bell shot. ;o)

I think it's the TV commercials. They are very boring this year, making the games seem boring, when in fact, they have been pretty entertaining. Well, more entertaining than watching the grass grow in Foxboro anyway....

Back