My wishes and desires for Sunday, October 3 and Monday, October 4

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
1. The Bills are due. The Jets are insufferable. Their fans are just as bad. I would like a Jets loss and Jets players to suffer a lot.

2. I would like the Ravens to beat the Steelers. Having undefeated teams is not good. A close, physical game would be good.

3. As to the Pats, I can't limit my wants to just a win. Here's what I'm wanting:

- A big game from BJGE. The "Maroney Hand Wringers" are now in full pants wetting mode now that Fragile Fred is out. BB IS NOT SURPRISED BY THIS. He knew he would lose Taylor and probably Morris and STILL cut Maroney. This simply means that he'd rather have the likes of Thomas Clayton than Dancing Larry. Please Ben Jarvis, shut these bitches up.

- Here's a novel though: A good (not a great) game from the Defense. Why not Our Defense? As much as Our Tom is great to watch, most Pats fans LOVE watching the D make big sticks and stop teams on third down. How about a little of that?

- More spread the ball beauty on offense.

- Tom not showing ANY signs of being hacked off by his wife's bullshit in Paris.

- A 40-yard plus make by the Ghost.

- No head scratching changes in play calling by O'Brien.

- More fun from Danny W.

- More use of those awesome rookie TEs.

- A farking road win, dammit.

4. Whatever result hurts the MFYs the most. I think that's a Sox win but I don't claim to really know.

5. If the Padres can still make the playoffs, for the Padres to make the playoffs.

6. No injuries to the Bruins in Europe.

7. For Jason Varitek to hit a bomb today.

8. For John Lackey not to soil himself, again, today.

Is this too much to ask?

What am I missing?

What do you want out of this weekend (sports wise)?

Additionally, I want to see Cincinatti beat the Browns. Not just because I have them in the suicide pool this week, but because I want Mangini's suffering to continue. His punishment is not over just yet in my mind.

I want a JAX win over the Colts. No explanation needed.

I want to see a Redskins win over the Eagles. First Donovan will be booed by thoses idiot Philly fans who don't know how to treat a guy who led them to 4 NFCCG's and then I want to see him pick the Eagles apart.

I also want to see the Cards beat San Diego so I can give BOU more shit in the rap-battle thread and because I hate the Chargers.

2. I would like the Ravens to beat the Steelers. Having undefeated teams is not good. A close, physical game would be good.
I HATE the Ravens and don't hate the Steelers, but I'd rather see the Steelers go 4-0 then flop miserably when BR comes back. :D

- Here's a novel though: A good (not a great) game from the Defense. Why not Our Defense? As much as Our Tom is great to watch, most Pats fans LOVE watching the D make big sticks and stop teams on third down. How about a little of that?
Agreed. How long has it been since we thought...the defense won the game for the Pats? Though at this point I would settle for their making Chad Henne look like Chad Henne (a young guy with some potential who nevertheless gets stumped/stopped cold by a BB run D), not Unitas+ Montana.

A lot of wrong predictions so far...

I HATE the Ravens and don't hate the Steelers, but I'd rather see the Steelers go 4-0 then flop miserably when BR comes back. :D
I get that but other than the Jets and Colts, who I hate with a passion that is somewhat disconcerting, even to me, I pretty much hate all other NFL teams -- at least all other AFC teams -- about the same. Well, maybe not the same, but close enough that I let my tactical interests do that talking.

I NEVER want the Colts or Jets to win. (Except if it directly advances the Pats into the playoffs or improves their seeding...and I mean directly.)

When the Colts and Jets play, the only thing I can root for is devastating, painful injuries. And to their fans.

I should have written that I wanted the Colts and Iggles to lose in horrific ways.

I don't smoke but I think I need a cigarette...

Yowzer! Jim Caldwell sucks!

a 50-something yard FG to knock the Colts to an 0-2 record in the division takes the sting off some of the other results around the league today

Keeping the Stinkees from winning the American League East made my day...:dbanana:

Keeping the Stinkees from winning the American League East made my day...:dbanana:

Made mine too. That they couldn't beat the Red Sox Lite on Saturday night and Sunday is not the best sign for them heading into October.

But that wasn't the only sports thing that made my Sunday.

Colts lose a heart-breaker? Check!

Eagles lose to McNabb? Check!

Stillers no longer undefeated? Check!

Jim Caldwell exposed as an utter fool? Check!

A good day, on most fronts.

- A big game from BJGE. The "Maroney Hand Wringers" are now in full pants wetting mode now that Fragile Fred is out. BB IS NOT SURPRISED BY THIS. He knew he would lose Taylor and probably Morris and STILL cut Maroney. This simply means that he'd rather have the likes of Thomas Clayton than Dancing Larry. Please Ben Jarvis, shut these bitches up.

"Maroney Hand Wringers"? Who are these people?

Made mine too. That they couldn't beat the Red Sox Lite on Saturday night and Sunday is not the best sign for them heading into October.

What makes me smile is if the MFY get to the ALCS.. Burnett has to make a start. They can skip him in the ALDS unfortunately.

"Maroney Hand Wringers"? Who are these people?

Wasn't referring to anyone on this board.

I've seen and heard others whining about the loss of Dancing Larry in the context of now having lost Faulk and seen Taylor go out.

What makes me smile is if the MFY get to the ALCS.. Burnett has to make a start. They can skip him in the ALDS unfortunately.

True enough, but here's to that never being tested....May this be the year that the Twins don't grab their ankles when facing the MFYs.

Wasn't referring to anyone on this board.

I've seen and heard others whining about the loss of Dancing Larry in the context of now having lost Faulk and seen Taylor go out.

Ahhhh... You mean like Reiss, who has brought this up a few times?

I don't even think he is that concerned, just wondering with 20-20 hindsight whether moving LoMo for a 4th was really worth risking that the team would need to sign 2 replacement guys. As you said, the injury issues were pretty predictible.

Ahhhh... You mean like Reiss, who has brought this up a few times?

I don't even think he is that concerned, just wondering with 20-20 hindsight whether moving LoMo for a 4th was really worth risking that the team would need to sign 2 replacement guys. As you said, the injury issues were pretty predictible.

Actually, I didn't mean Reiss per se. But same point. Some have said that the Pats are now reduced to likes of Thomas Clancy and all they got for LoMo was a two round draft upgrade.

And to that I say: Good move, Bill.

Larry's performance for Denver has been pretty weak. He averaged two yards a carry yesterday....

Larry's performance for Denver has been pretty weak. He averaged two yards a carry yesterday....

.5 yards a carry, actually

weird to think the pats may have actually made him look better than he is. he looks worse than i've ever seen him in denver.

.5 yards a carry, actually

weird to think the pats may have actually made him look better than he is. he looks worse than i've ever seen him in denver.

To be fair to LoMo, the only person on the team to run for more than .5 ypc was Orton. And Buckhalter didn't exactly light it up on his carries against Indy either.

Clearly RBs aren't the only problem for that team.

To be fair to LoMo, the only person on the team to run for more than .5 ypc was Orton. And Buckhalter didn't exactly light it up on his carries against Indy either.

Clearly RBs aren't the only problem for that team.

Maybe they'd be willing to pony up a '11 2nd and a '12 4th for one Mankins, Logan.:shrug:

Back