NBA Finals Thread

Yes.
How the **** did this one slip away - other than Allen's pathetic shooting.
Sorry, but at least Ray tried to get open. Ask yourself where were Pierce and Garnett through the entire 4th quarter? I may give Rondo shit, but at the end of the day, he's not the guy that's supposed to put points on the board. Ray missed good shots, but Paul and KG never even worked to get them in the 4th quarter. So disgusted with the end of that game I can't see straight.

Allen's shooting was ice cold, but his defense was spectacular. Sorry, I'm not putting this loss on him.

Sorry, but at least Ray tried to get open. Ask yourself where were Pierce and Garnett through the entire 4th quarter? I may give Rondo shit, but at the end of the day, he's not the guy that's supposed to put points on the board. Ray missed good shots, but Paul and KG never even worked to get them in the 4th quarter. So disgusted with the end of that game I can't see straight.

Say what you want about "trying to get open" - guy missed more wide open shots today than I care to try to count. 2 for 13 or whatever it ended being is just not good enough from someone who is supposed to be a clutch scorer - especially from downtown.

KG had a great game until the final quarter, I thought - whereas Pierce didn't show up when needed at all.

I thought the effort was there, just too many open misses. I'm disappointed but not that disappointed. I expected nothing from them in the playoffs and they gave me a game 7 in the finals

I thought the effort was there, just too many open misses. I'm disappointed but not that disappointed. I expected nothing from them in the playoffs and they gave me a game 7 in the finals

I expected nothing. But once we're there, I can't go "oh better than nothing" - I am angry as **** right now.

Quite frankly, there was not a single Celtic who stepped up this series except in brief flashes. And you have to credit the Lakers for that as much as you can criticize the Celts. The Lakers D was not quite as good as the Celtics but add in their rebounding and there's the edge.

4 points in a game 7.

This hurts because it's over for a while. And it might not be for LA.

I expected nothing. But once we're there, I can't go "oh better than nothing" - I am angry as **** right now.
I'm not, but I don't have the same emotions as I did when I was younger. It could be all the championships won in the last decade too. I mean I was pretty pissed right at the end, but I'm already over it.

Quite frankly, there was not a single Celtic who stepped up this series except in brief flashes. And you have to credit the Lakers for that as much as you can criticize the Celts. The Lakers D was not quite as good as the Celtics but add in their rebounding and there's the edge.

4 points in a game 7.

This hurts because it's over for a while. And it might not be for LA.

I'll just say it, because I'm feeling miserable and want something to blame that isn't a C's player.

We win this game with Perk.

I can't get mad at the Celtics after watching that game. Blood, guts, heart and soul....They left it all out on the court. Great effort on everyone's part. Yeah, guys missed shots and things didn't go right at the end of the game....but you gotta give it to the Lakers and their defense.

The Celtics got outplayed at the end of the game. The better team won.

Hold your heads high, Celtics fans....What an incredible game!

Oh yeah, and BTW...The Rapist can still suck a fat one.

I'll just say it, because I'm feeling miserable and want something to blame that isn't a C's player.

We win this game with Perk.

Yeah, maybe. I hadn't really thought about that. I just know that this team blew a 13-point 3rd quarter lead.

I think Artest was the difference tonight. He's been dreadful and I can't imagine the Celts keyed in on him when they went over their defensive strategy - and I'm not sure I blame them.

I also think it's clear the LA had one, key objective for this series: Shut down Paul Pierce.

Kudos to them. Also, **** them too.

I can't get mad at the Celtics after watching that game. Blood, guts, heart and soul....They left it all out on the court. Great effort on everyone's part. Yeah, guys missed shots and things didn't go right at the end of the game....but you gotta give it to the Lakers and their defense.

The Celtics got outplayed at the end of the game. The better team won.

Hold your heads high, Celtics fans....What an incredible game!

Oh yeah, and BTW...The Rapist can still suck a fat one.

Very nice, up-beat post. Now I'll ask you, where the hell is Mr. Happy Sock and what have you done with his remains?

Yeah, maybe. I hadn't really thought about that. I just know that this team blew a 13-point 3rd quarter lead.

I think Artest was the difference tonight. He's been dreadful and I can't imagine the Celts keyed in on him when they went over their defensive strategy - and I'm not sure I blame them.

I also think it's clear the LA had one, key objective for this series: Shut down Paul Pierce.

Kudos to them. Also, **** them too.

Perk stops them from getting 2-3 shots off on every possession. That's how they scored around 30 of their points.

And yes, Artest unfortunately made his own prophecy come true (that he would have to be the difference maker in the finals) - **** that guy, **** Kobe and every other Laker and Lakers fan on the planet.

A part of Bill Russell had to die inside when he handed the Bill Russell MVP award to Kobe instead of Rondo.

Rebounds.

Rebounds are good.

STAT(S) OF THE GAME: The Lakers dominated on the offensive glass, collecting a staggering 23 offensive rebounds, which negated a dismal shooting performance (27-of-83, 32.5 percent) ... The Lakers also benefited from a hefty free throw disparity, shooting 37 free throws compared to Boston's 17.

Back