New England Patriots' (Secret) Identity

BradyGirl

Reaction score
Tom isn't exactly Clark Kent in his off-field life, but he and the team have acted like it much of this year. All season we've seen slow starts, playing like crap for two quarters or more, then bam! they're hurrying into the storeroom and changing into their Superman suits and miracles happen. :)

This team has driven us crazy all year with both the O and D seesawing from awful to great. Guess we'll just have to figure more of the same for the Super Bowl. Be calm, my heart! wuv

Despite yesterday's lackluster performance until the fourth quarter, I figured we were still good for a win. Twelve minutes left down 10 points? Pshaw! Okay, maybe after Dion's fumble it got dicey, but my dad always said even under a minute left is forever in football time, and our stitched-up GOAT got back on the field. Win!

This year we are not a powerhouse D or a high-flying O. We're more trick-or-treat, but that's appropriate for mild-mannered football players becoming costumed Supermen! :pat:

Knowing BB loves the games where NE battles through until the end, it's satisfying to me to watch them dismantle opponents' leads.

Truly, no lead is big enough. I love that.

Play 60 minutes!

Do your job!

This is a job for <s>Superman</s> Tom Brady!

IIRC the TEN game was about as close as they’ve done to a complete game performance this season save for maybe a beat down or two against mediocre teams. But definitely since around the Miami loss this team has been so inconsistent within games but keeps finding ways to win.

Must make BB proud but Philly is solid. Would be nice to get a proper 60 min effort and force the other team to play from behind for once. Or maybe not? Maybe NE prefers playing from behind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not that NE prefers playing from behind.

Jags game was same as last year's SB. The opposing Defense played out of their mind early, but spent far too much energy doing so. The opposing Offense got out to a hot start, but did so by blowing every trick and wrinkle up their sleeve. Really ask yourself- which would you rather? A first quarter lead and your team is gasping for breath in the 4th, -or- a team which plays better in the 4th quarter than the 1st, week in and week out, and has energy saved for when the game has declared, the trick plays are spent, and you've had time to make the necessary adjustments to the opponent's gameplan?

It's almost like the Patriots are Rocky Balboa vs. Clubber Lang in "Rocky III". They take some body blows early on to figure out the opponent's strategy and come up with one of their own, making adjustments in between the rounds (or at halftime in football). Then, like Rocky, they get the opponent frustrated and wait for them to make a mistake (i.e. deviate from the game plan that had been giving them so much success earlier). The opponent feels the pressure of a champion (Brady) starting to come from behind, and they start to fear losing... so they lose.

It's almost like the Patriots are Rocky Balboa vs. Clubber Lang in "Rocky III". They take some body blows early on to figure out the opponent's strategy and come up with one of their own, making adjustments in between the rounds (or at halftime in football). Then, like Rocky, they get the opponent frustrated and wait for them to make a mistake (i.e. deviate from the game plan that had been giving them so much success earlier). The opponent feels the pressure of a champion (Brady) starting to come from behind, and they start to fear losing... so they lose.

Interesting take. I'll take your boxing reference in a different direction. The Pats are like Ali with the rope-a-dope. They are up against the ropes taking a pounding. The opponent gets winded and the champ says, "That's all you got? My turn now." KO.

I can totally see Brady rubbing a LB's head and saying, "You ain't so bad!", though. :toast:

It ties in with having to play Philly...

The Pats will have to watch out for Philly fans driving onto the field. They already drove up the steps Rocky made famous. :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
It's almost like the Patriots are Rocky Balboa

LaAdrian!

Just once I would like a blow-out win in a Super Bowl, a nice relaxing win.

That's exactly what I was thinking earlier today. I don't know why the Pats ALWAYS seem to start off slow. It's stressful as hell. The payoff is amazing if they win, but almost unbearable if they lose.

Just for once I would like them to absolutely stomp their competition from beginning to end in the Super Bowl. Something akin to the Shitbirds vs Donks in SB48. These close back and forth games are too much.

tumblr_m6wusg6ppI1rziwwco1_400.gif

Back