New York Jets are Screwed thread

Bruschi 3:16

Unable to function normally in society
Reaction score
Both QB's are out, Noodlearm maybe for the season, Fabini is lost with an ACL, and Martin is finally showing his age. I guess Miami will be the Pats only legitimate competition for the division this year (not that Miami is much to worry about).

Hey Ty Law, how are things? :D

thomas144 said:
you might want to think back to 2002-2003 to compare how the Jets and the Patriots started out that season, and how they ended up...

They had a healthy and energetic Curtis Martin back then. Also, they had a pup in Pennington to come off the bench to replace Testaverde. Jets are toast.

Bruschi 3:16 said:
Both QB's are out, Noodlearm maybe for the season, Fabini is lost with an ACL, and Martin is finally showing his age. I guess Miami will be the Pats only legitimate competition for the division this year (not that Miami is much to worry about).

Hey Ty Law, how are things? :D

I'm sure he and his family are eating well...

What happened the last time you started a thread like this?

Way to early to celebrate. That defense will keep them in every game. And to say they're done after week 3 is stupid. Chad just needs to get healthy, and Martin needs to get going. They'll be 8-8 at absolute worst I think.

Noodle arm is out? Do they have a hot dog to play?

This really sucks and you hate to see this happen. That being said, What the hell are the Jets going to do for QB. Maybe Vinny will come out of retirement.. That would be intresting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2172700

Report: Jets QB Chad Pennington out for season

A New York Jets source has confirmed to ESPN's Chris Mortensen that team doctor Elliot Pellman told team officials the MRI on Chad Pennington shows a tear of the rotator cuff -- and that the QB would be out for the season.

However, Pennington is still due to visit with Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala. on Tuesday to go over the existing MRI and take other tests.

Andrews cautions that Monday's MRI results could actually show that Pennington merely damaged scar tissue from his earlier surgery which would not be as serious. Andrews said that he hopes that new tests taken on Tuesday would definitively determine whether Pennington sustained a rotator cuff tear.

The Associated Press first reported Pennington would be lost for the season, saying it was confirmed by a person with knowledge of his condition, but who declined to be identified because the team had not made an official announcement.

An MRI exam showed Pennington tore his rotator cuff in Sunday's 26-20 overtime loss to Jacksonville. The NFL Network originally reported the injury, the second time Pennington has had this tear in less than a year.

The Jets were already preparing for third-string QB Brooks Bollinger to lead the team Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens.

Pennington, who had offseason surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder, was sacked on consecutive plays during the Jets' first series of the second half against Jacksonville. On third-and-11, Pennington was taken down by Bobby McCray and the quarterback fumbled for the second straight down and recovered the ball, but his shoulder was injured on the play.

His backup Jay Fiedler came in, but was hit while completing a 16-yard pass to Justin McCareins -- his sixth play in place of Pennington -- with 13:09 left in the fourth quarter. A downcast Fiedler indicated after the game that he was fearing the worst.

"I kind of landed with my arm above my shoulder and I felt something go," he said Sunday. "I knew I wasn't going to be able to throw a football."

Offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger told The New York Times that Fiedler will definitely be out for Sunday's game against the Ravens.

Pennington came back to lead the Jets on two scoring drives, both capped by field goals, but clearly was hurting and said after the game that the injury felt "similar to last year." Even so, Edwards thought he and Pennington had made the right call by letting him back in against the Jaguars instead of going with Bollinger -- though the play calling was limited by Pennington not being able to throw long.

"He gave us the best chance to do what we needed to do to win the game," Edwards said. "I had reservations, but he was able to go in and do some things."

The Jets are bringing in three quarterbacks -- Doug Johnson, Jesse Palmer and Jonathan Quinn -- for a tryout, ESPN's John Clayton has learned.

Another player who might be considered is former Dallas starter Quincy Carter, who played for the Jets in 2004 and started three games.

As for Bollinger, he's looking at his NFL starting debut as a chance to show the Jets what he can do -- but he's focused on the task at hand: beating the Ravens.

"I think anytime you get an opportunity in there as a quarterback, especially not being a first-round pick or whatever, it's an unbelievable opportunity," he said. "It can turn into anything, but again, there's enough on my mind and I have enough to worry about this week that whatever it turns out to be vdown the road, fine, great, but I'm just worried about this week."

Report: Jets QB Chad Pennington out for season

That's too bad. Fieldler may be out for a while too.

Let the Brooks Bollinger era begin!

Its too bad we don't face the Jets this weekend. We'd eat that kid alive. He'd be having nightmares about our defensive line for years.

And I hope Vinny does come out of retirement, just so Chris Berman can sing "Va-Va-Va-Va Vinny and the Jets!" again. :D

HomelessJoe said:
What happened the last time you started a thread like this?

i wonder if my sig has anything to do with it.........:blah:

Anyone else feel really bad for Chad, aside from being glad that it weakens our division rival? I just hate it when a guy has a ton of potential but can't stay healthy, it's such a waste. It's bad enough that there are guys who waste their potential by being lazy, but it really sucks when someone tries and their body falls apart.

Bandwagoneer said:
Anyone else feel really bad for Chad, aside from being glad that it weakens our division rival? I just hate it when a guy has a ton of potential but can't stay healthy, it's such a waste. It's bad enough that there are guys who waste their potential by being lazy, but it really sucks when someone tries and their body falls apart.

Yea i kinda do, you get the chance of a lifetime to play in the nfl and bad luck happens...on the other hand i feel no pity for kellen winslow jr...

Bandwagoneer said:

it's a privilege to feel sorry for Chad Pennington.

Bandwagoneer said:
I do. He's never played a full season in his career. I think he would have been very good if he had been able to stay healthy.
________
herbalaire vaporizer

Bandwagoneer said:
Tony Boselli says hello. That was a waste.

I really feel for the guy. He gets injured, works his ass off to come back to get injured again. It has to be amazingly frustrating.

I'm looking forward to see how Herm handles this.

Decidedly a lesson in the necessity for depth.

It would have been interesting to watch Chad develop and see if he could become a top QB. I hope can can come back, but it's a tall order for someone with 2 rotator cuff surguries to be able to throw the ball hard enough to be an effective NFL QB.

LVent said:
i wonder if my sig has anything to do with it.........:blah:

Hey LVent

Noticed you were pretty scarce at about 7:30 on Sunday night after spending most of the game on this board. What a coincidence...

I feel sorry for the guy.....MrWhite compares bank accounts with Chad.... on second thought, I really don't feel bad at all

Back