NFL ignores Deflategate Science at Patriots' Expense

Honestly? I'm generalizing here, so apologies in advance to those for whom this doesn't apply, but many of you think the Patriots are hated for their success. This isn't generally true in my experience. It's the fans. Many Patriot fans weren't even football fans until recently, but project a smug arrogance about success while simultaneously defending questionable behaviors. Despite winning 4 Lombardi trophies in the past 15 years, many of you claim NFL conspiracies exist to keep the Patriots down. When the Patriots lose, an event that happens to even the best of teams, there is a litany of excuses from those same NFL conspiracies, to the officiating, to injuries, etc.

I'm fascinated by the psychologies inherent in these behaviors, and equally fascinated by how those of you who are actually life long, true fans, tolerate the bandwagoners who spout so much nonsense.

The other fanbases just don't have as much of these dynamics present so they are less interesting to me.

NE's success is definitely a reason, but it's BB's success that sticks in this current NFL FO's and the media's craw. Belichick doesn't play the dunce, dancing for the puppeteers like all the clown coaches who should be ashamed of themselves for catering to the media to get their clever soundbites on the air.

Judging an entire fan base off the at best 50-75 people that are responding to your slanted views is beyond moronic.
Not judging. Interacting, exchanging thoughts. You have information, some of which I haven't seen, and wouldn't see just talking to people who agree with me all the time. You have a different perspective on things and it's more interesting to discuss those different points of view than to argue about whether the team should start Brock or Manning again.

BSPOLICE its people like you who really dont have a clue what your talking about. Before 1960 many people here in NE were NY Giants Fans. Football has always been big here, but you wouldnt know that of course. I have been a fan of the Patriots since the early 70's. Ive watched ever game in our losing seasons including when we were 1-15.

You have a good grasp of the English language, and you write very well, however you are purposely ignoring many FACTS. By doing so it allows you to keep twisting the knife. You are certainly coming off as a condescending douche, and your act is tiring.
I actually grew up in Maine in the 80s, and the Giants fans were by far the majority. Hardly any Patriots fans in my area up to when I moved away in the 90s. Then, when visiting family, the area was full of "lifelong" Patriots fans after the Super Bowl runs. So, although limited to one small piece of New England, I actually do have direct personal experience with that particular issue.

If you want a whiny fanbase that is also arrogant and excuse making to a tolerance of +/- 1%, I suggest you try a Ravens board. Seriously, they are from Mars and every other fanbase is from Venus comparatively speaking. I think it's because a lot of their actual team starting with their head coach is whiny and excuse making and it permeates their mentality.

There are some arrogant closed minded fans of this team, just like of any other team. THAT SAID...what you and others can perceive as arrogance can also be defensiveness because some of us tire of reading and hearing the same lazy criticism of things of which our team has been accused.

It IS worse when the ignorance comes from people whose job it is to write or talk about sports though. Most of the opposing fans who squawk, I laugh off now.
I find Ravens fans boring. Not to oversimplify, but they're all basically the same. What I find interesting in Patriot fans is the mixture of the old-school diehards with the new bandwagoners and how those two groups interact.

It is always interesting when fans of other teams come here with the stereotype that the majority of Patriots fans started being fans in the last 15 years, when the majority of regular posters here have been fans for decades.
Well said! I'm tired of that lazy "most pats fans didn't watch football until 2001" or some lame variant.
Of all places to trot that out... a Pats Fan board! wicked smart there BS
I didn't mean to imply that the people posting were recent fans, I was speaking about the fanbase as a whole. A place like this is where I would find a higher concentration of the actual lifelong fans. Outside a Patriot message board, I'm much more likely to encounter a more casual, probably more recent fan. Without having actual data available, I would speculate that the core of a board like this is primarily real fans who go back even into the less successful parts of the franchise's history, with a bunch of people who have joined more recently and are excited by the success. The interaction between those two groups, those who experienced the lows as well as the highs, and those who haven't known anything but success interests me.

Not judging. Interacting, exchanging thoughts. You have information, some of which I haven't seen, and wouldn't see just talking to people who agree with me all the time. You have a different perspective on things and it's more interesting to discuss those different points of view than to argue about whether the team should start Brock or Manning again.

I actually grew up in Maine in the 80s, and the Giants fans were by far the majority. Hardly any Patriots fans in my area up to when I moved away in the 90s. Then, when visiting family, the area was full of "lifelong" Patriots fans after the Super Bowl runs. So, although limited to one small piece of New England, I actually do have direct personal experience with that particular issue.

I find Ravens fans boring. Not to oversimplify, but they're all basically the same. What I find interesting in Patriot fans is the mixture of the old-school diehards with the new bandwagoners and how those two groups interact.

I didn't mean to imply that the people posting were recent fans, I was speaking about the fanbase as a whole. A place like this is where I would find a higher concentration of the actual lifelong fans. Outside a Patriot message board, I'm much more likely to encounter a more casual, probably more recent fan. Without having actual data available, I would speculate that the core of a board like this is primarily real fans who go back even into the less successful parts of the franchise's history, with a bunch of people who have joined more recently and are excited by the success. The interaction between those two groups, those who experienced the lows as well as the highs, and those who haven't known anything but success interests me.

Or maybe those recent fans are under the age of 40. In 2001 they would have been 20ish and to cool and no access to information and all:shrug_n:

~Dee~

If you can't get the little things right...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nly-paints-broncos-emblems-in-wrong-end-zone/

Remember that old Snickers commercial featuring the groundskeeper meticulously painting an end zone only to realize after he finished that he’d spelled out “CHEFS” instead of “CHIEFS?”

Well, something similar happened at Levi’s Stadium as the field was being painted in preparation for Super Bowl 50 next Sunday.

The NFL grounds crew in charge of painting the end zones painted the wrong end zone in Denver Broncos colors. CBS photographer James Martin took a photo of the end zone after the Broncos emblems were painted over. However, the outline of the logo was still visible.

Another shot from Samuel Lam shows the outline of the Broncos logo in the far end zone while the correct end zone was being painted instead.

Eventually, the paintings were completed correctly with the Broncos and Panthers each having their own end zones in place.

UPDATE 7:48 a.m. ET: The original version of this article suggested that the normal Levi’s Stadium grounds crew committed the blunder. For the Super Bowl, the league takes over the process of preparing the field for the game.

I drive everyone crazy at work (in California) by not letting them get away with sheep repetition from Roger and his media.

I tell them to google images ' Jets 2011 Spygate'
I tell them about Jay Feely's K-ball.
I tell them how the best defensive player on the Champs was stolen
(A #1 pick to New England and a ban on Revis playing in NY seem fair?)

I link them here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hppu_vaoEU

and I link them there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwxXsEltyas

I also refer them to Sally Jenkins, Dan Wetzel, and Steph Stradley.

They either get it, or get too tired to keep on fighting.

I drive everyone crazy at work (in California) by not letting them get away with sheep repetition from Roger and his media.

I tell them to google images ' Jets 2011 Spygate'
I tell them about Jay Feely's K-ball.
I tell them how the best defensive player on the Champs was stolen
(A #1 pick to New England and a ban on Revis playing in NY seem fair?)

I link them here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hppu_vaoEU

and I link them there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwxXsEltyas

I also refer them to Sally Jenkins, Dan Wetzel, and Steph Stradley.

They either get it, or get too tired to keep on fighting.

God's work. Keep it up.

Cheers, BostonTim

When headsets go down and out at Gillette, it's the Patriots fault.

When it happens at any other stadium, it's the weather and/or the NFL controls all on field communications

Back