NFL ignores Deflategate Science at Patriots' Expense

The sad thing you can have a 100 great articles on this, but the NFL dont care they want those draft picks of the Pats and Parity.
Also the haters will hate, and wont care if the Pats and Tom got fvcked.

I had a mixed reaction to the article. It still perpetuates the myth of Spygate and doesn't put it into the proper context.

The rest of it was excellent.

I had a mixed reaction to the article. It still perpetuates the myth of Spygate and doesn't put it into the proper context.

The rest of it was excellent.

It's a ny paper so I'll cut them a little slack but you're right. But let's face it it's why the other 31 want us punished though. That's what they believe.

~Dee~

Great Article. Quick, post it on OrangeMane and watch the excuses fly!

Great Article. Quick, post it on OrangeMane and watch the excuses fly!

I swear to God Jesus Christ could have a press conference next to the President of the United States and in the front of Congress and tell the world that you all owe the Patriots a huge apology especially to Tom Brady. That the DF was nothing more than a sham to drag Tom Brady's name through the mud and to take away Patriots draft picks so the other 31 teams have a better shot at parity. Suck it haters

The haters would just say Bob Kraft paid off Jesus to say that.

Great read.

Where's that BSpolice guy?
Right here.

The article references some of the sources that have already been linked for me. I'm in the midst of travelling to Denver for the game this weekend, but I will absolutely read through them and weigh them accordingly.

One thing I disagree with is the assessment that because the alleged attempt at cheating was either unsuccessful or unimportant, that it doesn't merit a significant punishment.

In any and all cases, I believe the intent to cheat is much more important than how successful an attempt is. If a kid uses a cheat sheet that has all the wrong answers he should be punished for cheating even if it ultimately gave no advantage.

Right here.

The article references some of the sources that have already been linked for me. I'm in the midst of travelling to Denver for the game this weekend, but I will absolutely read through them and weigh them accordingly.

One thing I disagree with is the assessment that because the alleged attempt at cheating was either unsuccessful or unimportant, that it doesn't merit a significant punishment.

In any and all cases, I believe the intent to cheat is much more important than how successful an attempt is. If a kid uses a cheat sheet that has all the wrong answers he should be punished for cheating even if it ultimately gave no advantage.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rs-vikings-produced-a-far-different-reaction/
Caught red handed, however not the Patriots.:coffee:

I swear to God Jesus Christ could have a press conference next to the President of the United States and in the front of Congress and tell the world that you all owe the Patriots a huge apology especially to Tom Brady. That the DF was nothing more than a sham to drag Tom Brady's name through the mud and to take away Patriots draft picks so the other 31 teams have a better shot at parity. Suck it haters

The haters would just say Bob Kraft paid off Jesus to say that.

It's sickening that the NFL is essentially out to get the Pats. As for all the people who hate :patriotlogo: no matter what....

super-bowl-xlix-memes_30.jpg

I know most of you will say that I'm just biased against the Patriots, but this really is a totally different situation. If the Deflategate stuff were true, Tom Brady had equipment guys secretly altering the conditions of the game balls after the refs had inspected them to allegedly play with a psi not permitted by NFL rules to gain a competitive advantage.

The Vikings and Panthers were putting balls near a heater on a cold day in front of everyone. Yes, this affected the air pressure, and yes it's not permitted, but it's missing the intent to knowingly do something outside the rules and hide it to avoid getting caught.

I agree with this point, but in this case, it is both academic and moot.

Read the article. The scientific community has spoken with as much unanimity as you will ever get out of those eggheads.

The Patriots didn't deflate those balls ... the Ideal Gas Law did.

I know most of you will say that I'm just biased against the Patriots, but this really is a totally different situation. If the Deflategate stuff were true, Tom Brady had equipment guys secretly altering the conditions of the game balls after the refs had inspected them to allegedly play with a psi not permitted by NFL rules to gain a competitive advantage.

The Vikings and Panthers were putting balls near a heater on a cold day in front of everyone. Yes, this affected the air pressure, and yes it's not permitted, but it's missing the intent to knowingly do something outside the rules and hide it to avoid getting caught.

You realize that "playing with a PSI not permitted by NFL rules" is completely in opposition to NOT "altering the conditions of the game balls after the refs had inspected them". If you Don't alter the game balls, depending on environmental conditions it's guaranteed you'll be outside of acceptable pressure range! So which is it, is it the illegal pressure (which everyone playing in cold weather games for all times has been guilty of), or the altering the conditions of the game balls (which multiple teams have received warnings for but no further punishment)? Are you really saying that violating the rules and affecting the competitive integrity of the game BLATANTLY is somehow $1 million in fines and multiple draft picks better than doing so DISCRETELY? That in some way because the Patriots did not admit to doing something that the scientific evidence indicates they did not in fact do, *that's* what makes their punishment fitting?

Edit: Note too that in Spygate, the guy was chilling there in front of 80,000 people wearing Pats gear. The fact that he was blatant about it also makes that similarly negligible to the Vikings blatant ball tampering, right? If you're obvious about your rule breaking, it's ok?

Right here. The article references some of the sources that have already been linked for me. I'm in the midst of travelling to Denver for the game this weekend, but I will absolutely read through them and weigh them accordingly. One thing I disagree with is the assessment that because the alleged attempt at cheating was either unsuccessful or unimportant, that it doesn't merit a significant punishment. In any and all cases, I believe the intent to cheat is much more important than how successful an attempt is. If a kid uses a cheat sheet that has all the wrong answers he should be punished for cheating even if it ultimately gave no advantage.

I agree. For example if Brady and the equipment guys had attempted to give the Colts diarrhea by putting colace in their Gatorade only to learn that they had used aspirin by mistake that would be a really serious rules violation. But surely we would want some direct evidence that the Patriots were the root cause of diarrhea and not, you know, something the Colts had eaten at their hotel.

Very good article. I skipped over the SG part, sick to death of the ignorance involved with that.

The issues are spelled out very well...it comes down to petty jealousy. The ends of the spectrum are just so opposite of each other it's insane- at one end you have Bob Kraft (who, btw, I am STILL pissed off at but my anger isn't quite as visceral as it was last spring), and at the other you have complete asshats like Jimmy Haslam. There is also that ridiculous 'everybody gets a turn' mentality that has been bread into our society, can't convince me that that doesn't come into play as well.

Back