5.Drew Brees
6.Brett Favre
7.Aaron Rodgers
8.Carson Palmer
9.Donovan McNabb
10.Joe Flacco
11.Tony Romo
12.Mark Sanchez

How does a playoff choker like Manning get the #1 spot?

Ummmm probably because he is the best QB in Football right now

That might have something to do with it

My Rankings:
1.Tom Brady
2.Peyton Manning
3.Drew Brees
4.Philip Rivers
5.Kurt Warner
6.Brett Favre
7.Donovan McNabb
8.Carson Palmer
9.Aaron Rodgers
10.Joe Flacco
11.Tony Romo
12.Mark Sanchez

Ummmm probably because he is the best QB in Football right now

That might have something to do with it

My Rankings:
1.Tom Brady
2.Peyton Manning
3.Drew Brees
4.Philip Rivers
5.Kurt Warner
6.Brett Favre
7.Donovan McNabb
8.Carson Palmer
9.Aaron Rodgers
10.Joe Flacco
11.Tony Romo
12.Mark Sanchez

You mean reg season...

You mean reg season...

Yes, regular season.

Not wanting to turn this into a Brady Vs. Manning thread, really.

I fully understand what a great QB TFB is, but I'm also cognizant of the fact of what Forehead has done over the years (ESPECIALLY this year). I hate the hell out of Manning, but I also fear him when the game is on the line.

Manning has had a better year by far than Brady and the team's records reflect that. Brady will always be my choice, however I won't ever fault anyone for choosing Manning.....1A and 1B in my book.

The second season is here, let's see what happens now.

Aaron Rodgers is a better qb than a lot of people think.

Aaron Rodgers is a better qb than a lot of people think.

I agree!
This years playoffs can/will go a long way in making/fixing some reputations.
Rodgers can make his (or at least get started) and Romo needs to do some good things or his rep as a playoff choker may be beyond repair.
Sure, he could go all the way in a future year, but with what's happaned with Romo, he really needs to do something good this year.

Same could be said for a few coaches too (Norv, Wade)

Yes, regular season.

I fully understand what a great QB TFB is, but I'm also cognizant of the fact of what Forehead has done over the years (ESPECIALLY this year). I hate the hell out of Manning, but I also fear him when the game is on the line.

Manning has had a better year by far than Brady and the team's records reflect that. Brady will always be my choice, however I won't ever fault anyone for choosing Manning.....1A and 1B in my book.

The thread is about playoff QBs.

Peyton was my #3.

Yes, regular season.

Wasn't this thread about playoff QB's?:shrug:

Mine was a mix between past playoff performances and production this season. The site doesn't specifically ask for the best playoff quarterbacks (career), and rather asks you to rank the quality of those in this year's post-season. I took the regular season into account.

If it was based on career playoff performances, obviously McNabb and Warner would be higher, Manning would be lower, and Romo, Brees, etc. would be way at the bottom. Just by looking at the placement of Brees and McNabb, it's pretty clear no one's list (so far) has been based solely on career playoff production.

Ordered by career playoff records:

Tom Brady: 15-3 (.824)
Kurt Warner: 8-3 (.727)
Joe Flacco: 2-1 (.667)
Donovan McNabb: 9-6 (.600)
Brett Favre: 12-10 (.546)
Philip Rivers 3-3 (.500)
Peyton Manning: 7-8 (.467)
Drew Brees: 1-2 (.333)
Carson Palmer: 0-1 (.000)
Tony Romo: 0-2 (.000)

Aaron Rodgers: 0-0
Mark Sanchez: 0-0

So, going solely by playoff history, my order would be.

1. Brady
2. Warner
3. McNabb
4. Favre
T5. Flacco
T5. Rivers
7. Manning
8. Brees
9. Palmer
10. Romo
11. Rodgers
12. Sanchez

I'm having some fun checking out stats. Here are the playoff records of the past 10 SB QBs.

08-09: Big Ben (8-2)
07-08: Eli Manning (4-3)
06-07: Peyton Manning (7-8)
05-06: Big Ben (8-2)
04-05: Tom Brady (15-3)
03-04: Tom Brady (15-3)
02-03: Brad Johnson (4-3)
01-02: Tom Brady (15-3)
00-01: Trent Dilfer (5-1)
99-00: Kurt Warner (8-3)

I know we all love to hate on Peyton, so here's an interesting fact to expand on the above list: I had to go back to Super Bowl XX (played in February, 1986) to find the last SB-winning QB (aside from Peyton) without a winning record in his playoff career (Jim McMahon at 3-3, but still not a losing record).

I'm having some fun checking out stats. Here are the playoff records of the past 10 SB QBs.

08-09: Big Ben (8-2)
07-08: Eli Manning (4-3)
06-07: Peyton Manning (7-8)
05-06: Big Ben (8-2)
04-05: Tom Brady (15-3)
03-04: Tom Brady (15-3)
02-03: Brad Johnson (4-3)
01-02: Tom Brady (15-3)
00-01: Trent Dilfer (5-1)
99-00: Kurt Warner (8-3)

I know we all love to hate on Peyton, so here's an interesting fact to expand on the above list: I had to go back to Super Bowl XX (played in February, 1986) to find the last SB-winning QB (aside from Peyton) without a winning record in his playoff career (Jim McMahon at 3-3, but still not a losing record).

Yes i know you all want to bash Manning with this, (And you have a good reason) and that's fine, but it's not all Manning's fault, you need a running game and D in the playoffs, something Manning hasn't had in abundance

I just finished checking every single SB-winning quarterback. Now I know Manning's career isn't over yet so this stat can possibly change.

But as it stands right now, Peyton Manning is the only SB-winning quarterback in the history of the NFL to have a losing record in his playoff career.

I just finished checking every single SB-winning quarterback. Now I know Manning's career isn't over yet so this stat can possibly change.

But as it stands right now, Peyton Manning is the only SB-winning quarterback in the history of the NFL to have a losing record in his playoff career.

Like you said, his career isn't over, lets save that until it is.

Back