NFL Refs

Corrupt like woah.

Tonight, as with many nights, there were too many penalties where if you didn't have the audio, you could sub in "Not enough offense, 15 yard penalty, automatic first down". And during replay, when you see *nothing at all* happen, the announcers always say "well, that's a tough one" or some kind of BS like that. Not talking about the end of the Pittsburgh - Cincy game, Cincy earned those, I'm talking about earlier in the night.

Refs did let the Cincy game get out of control. Porter had no business being out on that field. As I posted here many times . I don't blame the refs for loses .

Refs did let the Cincy game get out of control. Porter had no business being out on that field. As I posted here many times . I don't blame the refs for loses .

Porter should eat a year's suspension. He won't of course.

Between Tomlin standing on the field tripping players, as well as Munchak and Porter's actions tonight, the NFL has made it clear that the Pittsburgh coaching staff has carte blanche to do whatever the **** they want. :coffee:

But please, where is the "Pittsburgh is a class act" guy again?

The Refs are a goddamned joke and corrupt as f*cking hell. Just watch this video. It's just ONE example of how f*cking ridiculous things can be.

(You have to click the "Youtube" button at the bottom of the vid and watch it on youtube)

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5BU7tt3yR24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They should put the all the referee radio communications out "in the clear" on broadcastify.com, the same way they do with the cops, firefighters, ambulance drivers ... hell, out here in Rocky Mountain High Land, you can even listen to the snowplow drivers.

I'd love to hear what Dean Blandino is saying to the referees during each game. "You know, these Patriots ... they're on double-secret probation."

Honest to God, I'm shocked as hell the they didn't throw a flag against the Pats when Butler intercepted the ball at SB49.

They should put the all the referee radio communications out "in the clear" on broadcastify.com, the same way they do with the cops, firefighters, ambulance drivers ... hell, out here in Rocky Mountain High Land, you can even listen to the snowplow drivers.

I'd love to hear what Dean Blandino is saying to the referees during each game. "You know, these Patriots ... they're on double-secret probation."

*In the Ref's huddle right before the game*

"Remember, Goodell doesn't want the Patriots in the Super Bowl so do what you can to make sure that doesn't happen. We do this right, he's got a fat bonus waiting for us after the game." :suicide:

i'm the last guy that wants to defend Joey Porter, but when games get out of control you NEED the coaches out there helping to separate the behemoths. And in the case of injuries, like the one that Brown suffered, I think it's okay for coaches to be on the field.

In this example, I don't think Porter did anything wrong. I think he was out there the help pull them apart and was still there as things were STARTING to simmer down.

Heck, look at the tape. He wasn't riled up. In fact, I think he had his hands in his pocket. And when Jones grabbed him, he turned away and laughed it off.

Like I said, not a fan of Joey Porter, but I think this one was ALL on Pac-Man Jones and his inability to keep his composure. Shocking :coffee:

Coaches are not allowed to enter the field without the referee's permission (see rule 13.2 of the NFL rulebook) . So which official gave Porter the permission to enter the field and why did he give it to Porter? He is coaching linebackers, not wide receivers.

And Porter clearly provoked the Bengals. Brown was walking off the field when Porter stopped and started mouthing off to the Bengals. He should have been flagged and penalties should have offset.

Well, I don't have access to the "ALL 22's" but there were many many refs on the field at that time and none were flagged for rule 13.2 so it is reasonable to assume that either the refs did indeed grant permission to all the coaches or they collectively decided to ignore it for all the coaches on the field.

Also, where is it said that only receivers coaches can pull receivers out of fracases? I think it is more of an "all hands on deck" kinda thing myself.

And like I said, I cannot stand Joey Porter. He's the epitome of being a punk. But the clips I saw were of a calm guy, with his hands either by his side or in his pockets, laughing (perhaps mockingly) at the Bengals. ZERO reason for Pac Man to put his hands on him. None.

I keep hearing that one of the Bengals bumped a ref, but I've nothing specific on it. I think the flag was for the grab on Porter. A lot going on at that time I guess.

i'm the last guy that wants to defend Joey Porter, but when games get out of control you NEED the coaches out there helping to separate the behemoths. And in the case of injuries, like the one that Brown suffered, I think it's okay for coaches to be on the field.

In this example, I don't think Porter did anything wrong. I think he was out there the help pull them apart and was still there as things were STARTING to simmer down.

Heck, look at the tape. He wasn't riled up. In fact, I think he had his hands in his pocket. And when Jones grabbed him, he turned away and laughed it off.

Like I said, not a fan of Joey Porter, but I think this one was ALL on Pac-Man Jones and his inability to keep his composure. Shocking :coffee:

Joey Porter, assistant linebackers coach, was standing in the middle of the field in front of 10 Bengals, taunting them, while the Steelers were on offense.

Nah. Sorry. He's not a player anymore. Coaches are supposed to be held to a different standard.

He was flagged for that.

He should have been ejected from the stadium, and ALSO gotten a year's suspension, like Porter should be facing.

But like I said, the Steelers Coaches are allowed to do whatever the **** they want.

My point being these two teams both got what they deserved in penalties and injuries. They're scum.

The Bengals have loose cannon players, and deserved what they've gotten.

The Pittsburgh COACHES were involved. That's beyond ****ing inexcusable. Why not just give them lead pipes while they're at it?

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

He's lucky he didn't get a broken face for that.

"B-but Mike Munchak's a hall of famer! I don't see that he did anything there..." - Jim Nantz

The Bengals have loose cannon players, and deserved what they've gotten.

The Pittsburgh COACHES were involved. That's beyond ****ing inexcusable. Why not just give them lead pipes while they're at it?

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

"B-but Mike Munchak's a hall of famer! I don't see that he did anything there..." - Jim Nantz

Jim Nunce is a fvcking tool...Chris Collingsworthless is comparable.

Also, the only reason Munchak is a hall of famer, is because he played next to Bruce Matthews. #trufax

Refs are a product of their time. The fact that there are so many views watching in HD, refs can do nothing right. That isn't meant to take the responsibility of bad calls away from them, but it is to point out the no win situation they find themselves in. Further, the rules, in some situations, make it difficult as well.

I believe the refs do a good job and try hard, right up until they blow a call that goes against the Patriots.

Back