Not the Colts?!?!

Patriots71

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Reaction score
Website
t.me
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-colts-used-an-illegal-communication-system/

Posted by Mike Florio on July 3, 2017, 9:11 PM EDT

Getty Images
Buried in a profile of former Colts left tackle Tarik Glenn resides a stunning admission about the steps taken by his former team to deal with the disruption that comes from excessive sound.
Already suspected (but never actually proven) to have piped in crowd noise, the Colts apparently had a system for dealing with noise elsewhere.
“We were playing on the road, it might have been Peyton’s rookie year, and it was really loud,” Glenn told Clifton Brown of the Indianapolis Star. “Peyton [Manning] hadn’t mastered the silent count, so [former offensive line coach] Howard Mudd had us wearing these hearing aids that were supposed to muffle the crowd while projecting the quarterback’s voice.”
A “hearing aid” or any type of electronic device would amount to a clear and blatant violation of the rules.
Manning was a rookie in 1998, so the chances of the league venturing down that rabbit hole are slim. But the question remains whether the Colts continued to use it beyond 1998, and if so for how long?
Given that it went undetected in 1998 by the Colts, here’s another question: Who else has done it? Moreover, who else is still doing it?
That’s the one thing we’ve learned about the various cheating scandals of the last decade. All teams cheat in one form or another; only a few ever get caught. In most of those cases, they get caught when the league wants them to get caught.

I like the final line of that, but I would change it slightly:

That’s the one thing we’ve learned about the various cheating scandals of the last decade. All teams [can be made to look like they] cheat in one form or another; only a few ever get caught. In most of those cases, they get caught when the league wants them to get caught.

As far the the Colts in 98? Meh. Wouldn't surprise me either way really, whether it was or was not against the rules. No one will care.

I like the final line of that, but I would change it slightly:

That’s the one thing we’ve learned about the various cheating scandals of the last decade. All teams [can be made to look like they] cheat in one form or another; only a few ever get caught. In most of those cases, they get caught when the league wants them to get caught.

As far the the Colts in 98? Meh. Wouldn't surprise me either way really, whether it was or was not against the rules. No one will care.

Oh I know nobody will care. But can you imagine if a former Patriots o lineman had said this about 2001 when Brady first started playing?

The Colts and noise control or amplification goes like hand in glove. But it will be a non-story because no one cares about the Colts ...

It's not the pats so it's no big deal. You seen it when browns , colts , falcons & giants were caught had actually proof they cheated

DEZNhWPW0ActFwo.jpg

I saw a follow up to this that actually said such things were NOT illegal back in 1998. So even if this is all true, it's apparently not a violation of any rule.

That said, I do agree with the closing statement of Florio's article when it comes to teams pushing the rules and whether or not the NFL really wants to catch them.

I saw a follow up to this that actually said such things were NOT illegal back in 1998. So even if this is all true, it's apparently not a violation of any rule.

That said, I do agree with the closing statement of Florio's article when it comes to teams pushing the rules and whether or not the NFL really wants to catch them.

I saw some of your posts over at Colts.com. How can you stand it? They still think Pats fans care about them. Why? So sad.

I saw some of your posts over at Colts.com. How can you stand it? They still think Pats fans care about them. Why? So sad.

This would be a much more compelling argument if it weren't posted in a thread about the colts started by Patriot fans.

:poke:

This would be a much more compelling argument if it weren't posted in a thread about the colts started by Patriot fans.

:poke:

Valid point but we are at what 7 posts? I am not sure I remember the last Colts thread. Might have been one on Grigson getting fired which if I remember correctly had you and 2 other Colts fans going back and forth about it. It is kind of sad but the Colts/Pats rivalry is dead. Has been for some time. :sulk:

Back