October 30th trade deadline!

Major A$$hole*

Get well soon Babalu!
Reaction score
They pushed the trade deadline back in order to maybe increase the sellers marked since its pretty tough to find teams willing to sell after only 6 games. After eight games a few more teams might have figured out that they are not going anywhere this year (Chiefs, Browns, Jags, Tits, Raiders heck even the Saints could be out of it by then, doubtful but it could happen) and decide to either blow it up or at least start thinking ahead to the draft and unload some expiring contracts. Any secondary help to be had out there? Or do we double down and hope either our coaches find their smaht pills or the Cornerbacks and Safeties find some talent on their way to Gillete one of these days?

Not sure it would help this year...I mean it takes a long time to teach a corner how to face the receiver and tackle him right before the ball gets there. You do not learn that overnight.

Not sure it would help this year...I mean it takes a long time to teach a corner how to face the receiver and tackle him right before the ball gets there. You do not learn that overnight.
McBurntToast, Arrington and Chung have been here for 3+ years. I seriously doubt BB and the rest of the coaches neglected to try and teach them that. Hell, they should have learned that in college if not earlier. What is next? Coaches neglect to tell WR how to run routes and catch the ball? Isn't that a fundamental technique?

McCourty had one really exceptional season. Does that mean he's a slow learner?
Did he forget how to turn around and look for the ball? Does that mean he was taught then but they now decided he and the rest of the secondary needed to suck in order to give the rest of the NFL a fighting chance against us. You know! Just to make it fair? The whole "they don't teach it" argument doesn't make sense to me.

Did he forget how to turn around and look for the ball? Does that mean he was taught then but they now decided he and the rest of the secondary needed to suck in order to give the rest of the NFL a fighting chance against us. You know! Just to make it fair? The whole "they don't teach it" argument doesn't make sense to me.

Remember the Brady int he threw, where it was kind of a jump ball and Branch and the corner for Seattle were one on one? I bet Brady saw that and was used to in practice seeing McCourty grab and pull or the receiver making the catch....When he threw it I almost laughed thinking, silly Brady, you cannot throw jump balls to other teams corners.

I am not even sure how you can say that after watching what welker has done the last 3 weeks.

It was a half joke, if he walks and this defense is so piss poor we can't win this year, why not trade him for defensive help for next year.

And I can say it because I am allowed to have my own opinion. Welker is going to be out of the NFL in two years because of wear on his body.

It was a half joke, if he walks and this defense is so piss poor we can't win this year, why not trade him for defensive help for next year.

And I can say it because I am allowed to have my own opinion. Welker is going to be out of the NFL in two years because of wear on his body.

For that to be the case, the pats would have to throw in the towel on the season, and anymore, thats not a good idea until the last second with the way these 10-6, 9-7 teams are winning superbowls.

I'd trade Welker for a 1st. He won't be with the team next year anyway. Edelman will be back in two weeks so do it then.

I'd trade Welker for a 1st. He won't be with the team next year anyway. Edelman will be back in two weeks so do it then.

So you want to throw in the towel on the season? I think that is what you are doing if you let Welker walk this year.

So you want to throw in the towel on the season? I think that is what you are doing if you let Welker walk this year.

Edelmann was the starter before getting hurt,

and Middy I started a thread on this two years ago saying in due time Edelmann would take the position.

unless he has to play slot DB

Edelmann was the starter before getting hurt,

and Middy I started a thread on this two years ago saying in due time Edelmann would take the position.

unless he has to play slot DB

I remember....I just do not like the idea, but that does not really matter I guess. I think we make a mistake trading welker. I am not sure there is a player that can duplicate what he does and I think messing with the chemistry of the offense only serves to worsen it...The patriots are not inclined to keep receivers around long and I think moving receivers in and out of this lineup makes for a tough time to get anything consistent for a few years.

Where the fvck did I say that? :huh: The Pats will be 11-5 and win the division with or without Welker.

I think letting Welker walk would be the big mistake...I cannot see in any way how that makes the team better.

where the fu(k did anybody say letting welker walk.....this thread is about trading....

That is letting Welker go....trading means he is not here anymore....I do not like the idea and I do not think it makes our team better....

Back