Offenses Are Ahead League Wide (Other Ds Are Sucking, Too!)

Good thing. I'd hate to see how many yards we gave up if he was still here. :coffee:

I actually think that the defense would have given up less yards with Meriweather at safety because of all the penalty yards for hitting defenseless receivers. :D

I actually think that the defense would have given up less yards with Meriweather at safety because of all the penalty yards for hitting defenseless receivers. :D

This man has a point...just saying.:coffee:

Only 5 teams in the league have given up more points than the Patriots. Fortunately, the Raiders are one of them.

(Granted, this includes points that the offense gift wrapped for the other team.)

other defenses may be sucking as well...but the Patriots defense is kind of pathetic

other defenses may be sucking as well...but the Patriots defense is kind of pathetic

Yup. Though the Bills have nothing to brag about. Despite numerous errors on NE's part, including some ridiculously stupid play calling when the game could have been put away at several different times and, of course, the picks, NE still rolled up 500 yards and 31 points on Buffalo.

I wouldn't be dishing out any defensive insults if I was a Bills fan.

Look, it's the Bills and they have a cave troll...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UAyh23l1mx4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Packers as well. They've given up only 53 fewer yards in pass defense. Of course, they had to face the great Cam Newton.

Packers as well. They've given up only 53 fewer yards in pass defense. Of course, they had to face the great Cam Newton.

Bravo! :clap:

Finally someone catches this little fact!! :toast:

You can't take that at face value. Look who the top teams have played before saying the Pats pass D sucks. It's all relative. You think the Steelers would be on top if they played vs the 3 pass happy teams we played?

Outside of Rivers you honestly think that the Dolphins and Bills are all world offenses?

Part of the problem(and to me its not really a problem) that hasnt been discussed is the fact that you guys have had leads on all of your opponents thus forcing them to throw the ball. It worked the first two weeks but last week you guys had too many to's.

The defense up in NE has been suspect for the past 5(4?) years. The offense however has been so efficient it isn't a concern unless they lose. In some ways they have morphed into the colts of the early 2000's.

With the steelers going to play against Andre Johnson, I am more than worried; he could very easily have a welker game in terms of catches yards and td's from last week.

The packers situation is a tad different they have been without one of the better/unknown cb's in Tramon Williams

Outside of Rivers you honestly think that the Dolphins and Bills are all world offenses?

Part of the problem(and to me its not really a problem) that hasnt been discussed is the fact that you guys have had leads on all of your opponents thus forcing them to throw the ball. It worked the first two weeks but last week you guys had too many to's.

The defense up in NE has been suspect for the past 5(4?) years. The offense however has been so efficient it isn't a concern unless they lose. In some ways they have morphed into the colts of the early 2000's.

With the steelers going to play against Andre Johnson, I am more than worried; he could very easily have a welker game in terms of catches yards and td's from last week.

The packers situation is a tad different they have been without one of the better/unknown cb's in Tramon Williams

I agree with a lot of that except for the packers.....one injury in the secondary and you give an excuse? Come on....do you know how many injuries the pats have had on defense?

I agree with a lot of that except for the packers.....one injury in the secondary and you give an excuse? Come on....do you know how many injuries the pats have had on defense?

Im not excusing that, its more of a compliment to the type of player that williams kid is. He is damn good and i think their pass defense is hurting because of it.

*edit still wasnt clear on my point; I believe the packers issues on pass d are more easily rectified when he returns. Than the NEP or the Steelers for that matter...

Im not excusing that, its more of a compliment to the type of player that williams kid is. He is damn good and i think their pass defense is hurting because of it.

*edit still wasnt clear on my point; I believe the packers issues on pass d are more easily rectified when he returns. Than the NEP or the Steelers for that matter...

One player cannot make you the worst pass defense in the NFL. So not buying that about GB. I mean they had a great year last year on defense, but the year before, pass defense was not great. They had Williams in the first game when a first game rookie threw up 400 yards on them, so their issues might be deeper than one guy.

One player cannot make you the worst pass defense in the NFL. So not buying that about GB. I mean they had a great year last year on defense, but the year before, pass defense was not great. They had Williams in the first game when a first game rookie threw up 400 yards on them, so their issues might be deeper than one guy.

He was not dressed during the carolina game(this was week 2 also fyi); i believe he got hurt before half against the saints(not 100% sure on this). Im not saying the kid is Revis lockdown, however he can negate a majority of nfl wr's.

He was not dressed during the carolina game(this was week 2 also fyi); i believe he got hurt before half against the saints(not 100% sure on this). Im not saying the kid is Revis lockdown, however he can negate a majority of nfl wr's.

Thats right, he was in the game where they gave up 400 to the saints.....no one player on defense is going to make your team go from top of the league to bottom of the league unless there are other issues.

Thats right, he was in the game where they gave up 400 to the saints.....no one player on defense is going to make your team go from top of the league to bottom of the league unless there are other issues.

Not saying they will be top of league...saying they will be in a much better position in team pass defense at the end of the year however; top 10

Not saying they will be top of league...saying they will be in a much better position in team pass defense at the end of the year however; top 10

Well for that matter, the patriots could be top 10 by the end of the year considering they installed a new defense and young players are still learning how to make it work.

Considering that GB made it to the Super Bowl with an injury-riddled team loaded with backups (and even lost some like Charles Woodson DURING the SB), and there was not a lot of changes in the lineup this year, I'd say that Green Bay's defense isn't anwhere near as bad as the statistics show... That being said, obviously something else is going wrong this season - and it seems to be affecting almost every defense in the league.

Well for that matter, the patriots could be top 10 by the end of the year considering they installed a new defense and young players are still learning how to make it work.

Anything is possible; the main thing is green bay showed they are capable of playing very good pass defense the past few years(5th 2009 and 5th2010), the pats have not(12th 2009, 30th 2010). However both are shitting the bed as of now.

Considering that GB made it to the Super Bowl with an injury-riddled team loaded with backups (and even lost some like Charles Woodson DURING the SB), and there was not a lot of changes in the lineup this year, I'd say that Green Bay's defense isn't anwhere near as bad as the statistics show... That being said, obviously something else is going wrong this season - and it seems to be affecting almost every defense in the league.

Their core secondary is still intact which is why I think that right now they will right their "ship". Brees is a very very good qb that can throw up those numbers on any team at anytime. I also think that GB tends to get out to big double digit leads forcing teams to throw similar to what NEP has. Again this wouldnt even be a thread had you got the W ;). I doubt you will find one like this on a GB forum

Anything is possible; the main thing is green bay showed they are capable of playing very good pass defense the past few years(5th 2009 and 5th2010), the pats have not(12th 2009, 30th 2010). However both are shitting the bed as of now.

Their core secondary is still intact which is why I think that right now they will right their "ship". Brees is a very very good qb that can throw up those numbers on any team at anytime. I also think that GB tends to get out to big double digit leads forcing teams to throw similar to what NEP has. Again this wouldnt even be a thread had you got the W ;). I doubt you will find one like this on a GB forum

Actually no....They lost Collins in the secondary, so its not really in tact. The pats are very young, its not an issue with people not being there. The pats defense got better as the year went along last year and this year they changed the entire defensive set, so it was just not going to snap into place. But GB is not getting collins back and woodson is not getting younger.

Back