Official Boston Celtics/NBA Thread:

The Celtics need to get their shit together and start playing like they did last year.

Blowing a 28 point lead at home is pathetic and unacceptable.

They need to really to get it going after the all-star break. Their road record concerns me the most. The Bucks have really surprised me this year & they play extremely well on the road. Celts need to come out of the break hot.

They definitely backed the Sox. But you said fans were just as electrified as the Pats. Just not true. No numbers to support. I can show you regular season ratings that beat playoff Sox ratings head to head.

Ratings don’t matter, imho. One game versus 5 . Prime time versus west coast start times. Of course there’s a difference.

But please admit this: Patriot fans did not show their usual love this season overall. There was a lack of support during the regular season, with quite a few Patriot fans, even here, looking at the Patriots and saying “Eh, they’re average.” The support wasn’t really there until week 15 or so.

The Red Sox? Most epic season in Sox history, and the fans enjoyed the ride from beginning to end. I went to about 20 home games ; each one was energetic and memorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ratings don’t matter, imho. One game versus 5 . Prime time versus west coast start times. Of course there’s a difference.

But please admit this: Patriot fans did not show their usual love this season overall. There was a lack of support during the regular season, with quite a few Patriot fans, even here, looking at the Patriots and saying “Eh, they’re average.” The support wasn’t really there until week 15 or so.

The Red Sox? Most epic season in Sox history, and the fans enjoyed the ride from beginning to end. I went to about 20 home games ; each one was energetic and memorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think you’re confusing criticism for support.

Support never wavered. Some can look at an underperforming facet and call it out, yet still support the team entirely. Others can’t construcivel criticize without feeling they’re betraying the team.

There were points in this Sox season where the microscope was turned on them. You just forget or don’t acknowledge after a great championship. The bullpen. Starting rotation. Lineups. Second base. Third base. All points of interest dissected. No different than calling out TB his struggles. Or inconsistency at times on the D. Or coaching questions.

Support for both had ups and downs, but in the end was extremely high.

Football will always be higher now. Baseball is facing a decline. And particularly in playoffs. Show me a single 12 yr old who was able to see more than 10-20% of the games. I can send you pics of an entire hockey team coming in from an outdoor rink sweaty and steaming huddled around the big screen on couches and floor watching every snap start to beautiful finish.

It's like choosing your favorite child.

Or in my case, dog, but the principle is still the same.

Whichever one has had the most recent major accomplishment, or at least, gone the longest without pissing you off.

At times it seems like the Celts play better team basketball when Kyrie is out of action.

Hayward playing like Hayward seems to be making some of the difference too. Offense seems to run better through him, like it seemed to run better through Average Al a couple years ago.

Hayward playing like Hayward seems to be making some of the difference too. Offense seems to run better through him, like it seemed to run better through Average Al a couple years ago.

Not disagreeing.

But this does pose a dilemma, no?

How does this team, and Kyrie in particular, move forward when this is the case?

John Havlicek created an entire industry with the bench scorer. I wish Hayward would embrace that and be a dominant bench scorer for this team. He and Brown should be able to dominate when in there vs other benches.

Can I ask a simple question that I don’t have any answer to : why are we trying to give away MAJOR player/assets to land AD a year early instead of just making the push for free agent to be Kevin Durant?

If Durant lands in Boston and we still have Kyrie and Tatum how could that not be better than giving up Tatum and all those picks?

My scenario is way better. Both short term (Kyrie, Durant, Tatum, Hayward, Baynes with a bench of Brown, Horford, Smart, and Rozier) and long term as we’d still have all the young prospects and the picks for long term build.

Can I ask a simple question that I don’t have any answer to : why are we trying to give away MAJOR player/assets to land AD a year early instead of just making the push for free agent to be Kevin Durant?

If Durant lands in Boston and we still have Kyrie and Tatum how could that not be better than giving up Tatum and all those picks?

My scenario is way better. Both short term (Kyrie, Durant, Tatum, Hayward, Baynes with a bench of Brown, Horford, Smart, and Rozier) and long term as we’d still have all the young prospects and the picks for long term build.

Durant does make more sense to me.

and what makes you think KD would want to go to Boston?

and what makes you think KD would want to go to Boston?

Did you read what you quoted?

That roster would be LOADED. For next year and YEARS to come. Loaded roster = greater chance at Championships.

It’s a FAR better scenario for him than the Knicks.

Did you read what you quoted?

That roster would be LOADED. For next year and YEARS to come. Loaded roster = greater chance at Championships.

It’s a FAR better scenario for him than the Knicks.

he has that now even more so and yet he still wants out - what makes you think KD would come to Boston, give me something anything that is unique to Boston that would put them over the top in a hypothetical KD sweepstakes..

Back