Now Carlo!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston...uins-brandon-carlo-two-year-contract-nhl/amp/

Bruins Sign Brandon Carlo To Two-Year Contract – CBS Boston

September 17, 2019 at 8:15 am
Bruins Sign Brandon Carlo To Two-Year Contract

BOSTON (CBS) — The Boston Bruins have locked up another young blue liner, signing defenseman Brandon Carlo to a two-year contract.

Carlo, who was a restricted free agent this summer, will carry an annual cap hit of $2.85 million, the team announced early Tuesday morning.

The 22-year-old has been a key member of Boston’s defense since his rookie season in 2016-17, ranking fourth on the team in plus/minus at plus-41 and time on ice per game at 20:20 in that span. The Colorado native was drafted by Boston with the 37th overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

Carlo skated in 72 games for Boston last season, scoring a pair of goals while dishing out 10 assists. He finished tied for second on the team with a plus-22 rating. He appeared in all 24 playoff games, netting two more goals and handing out a pair of assists. Carlo was a plus-10 during Boston’s run to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Carlo is the second restricted free agent defenseman that Don Sweeney has signed in the last few days. The Bruins signed blue liner Charlie McAvoy to a three-year deal on Sunday.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

This is un-fvcking believable!!!

McAvoy for $4.9. Carlo for $2.85!

Numbers being tossed around a couple months ago had media questioning if Charlie would settle for less than the Bergeron team measuring stick contract. He’s way under. And Carlo is half that! Unreal. GM of the year candidate there.

More great news.
And I heard that next year, there will be a lot of money coming off the cap, allowing them to solidify the core and maybe add a pice or two.

More great news.
And I heard that next year, there will be a lot of money coming off the cap, allowing them to solidify the core and maybe add a pice or two.

Yup. These are short term deals allowing time for the Bs to get in better cap shape. It’s a very good indicator on the players intent to want to stay long term. Otherwise they would have dug in now for max going rate.

Yup. These are short term deals allowing time for the Bs to get in better cap shape. It’s a very good indicator on the players intent to want to stay long term. Otherwise they would have dug in now for max going rate.
Exactly this. There's a big cap hit with the last year of the contract but by that time the Krejci, Rask, and Backes contracts are off the books. That's about 21mil being freed up right there.

Opening night

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IKqV7DB8Iwg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And so it begins. It’s getting to be a short window for this team as constructed. I’d say TB, Toronto and the Bs are top 5 teams and they are all in the same division. Going to be hell to get past them.

Only got to watch the 2nd period, but nice way to start the season. Scary injury to the Dallas player.

Only got to watch the 2nd period, but nice way to start the season. Scary injury to the Dallas player.
that was the second injury to a Star, the 1st appears to have lost a few Chiclets about 3 minutes into the season and was not back in the second period when I dozed off in bed watching.

The anthem guy ok. But no Rene Rancour. Not that it matters to me except I’m always slow with change.

Didn't see any of the Arizona game.
Looks like the offense is off to a slow start. But 1 GA in the 1st two is nice.
But can't do better than 2-0 on the road at this point.

They're in Vegas tonight.

The Vegas Game is Tuesday.

:Lwelcome:

You are correct.

I'm somehow flattered that your first post in 8 years is to correct me (there's been hundreds of opportunities to point out my mistakes in that time) :thumb:

I considered it a public service and yes, I am known as a 'laconic minimalist' and use few words....

Went to Preds opening night Thursday. 65 tickets with my sons organization. Great take! That house rocks like no other. College football type atmosphere.

Back