I know nothing about Ritchie. Does this make them at all better or just a lateral move to save on cap?

I know nothing about Ritchie. Does this make them at all better or just a lateral move to save on cap?

More playoff ready in my opinion.

Real big body. Physical. He is the guy that put Backes out of commission.

Heinen is a costly JAG. Minimal production. High salary. Easily replaced.

Plus the cap help will aid in re-signing Krug.

I believe that the B's have now freed up more the 7M in cap space for next season.

I believe that the B's have now freed up more the 7M in cap space for next season.

A lot of people will look at the moves of late and just meh but getting out from team impacting bad deals in Backes and Heinen were genius if it helps in retaining Krug, McAvoy, and Carlo.

they need some big body guys in the playoffs, he helps for sure that way.

Back on track...

Good bounce back win for the B's last night with one of the new B's contributing to the win. Way too early to get excited but we shall see; Tampa on a loosing streak certainly helps.

My 7th Player award vote goes to Carlo; he's becoming a D-man you can count on every night and his physical presence helps a lot in the corners/in front of the net.

Good bounce back win for the B's last night with one of the new B's contributing to the win. Way too early to get excited but we shall see; Tampa on a loosing streak certainly helps.

My 7th Player award vote goes to Carlo; he's becoming a D-man you can count on every night and his physical presence helps a lot in the corners/in front of the net.

Tampa, Pitt and Washington have all been stumbling lately. It's as if no one wants to get the President's Trophy :rolleyes:

Two big games coming against Tampa next week.

Upcoming Tampa

All they need now is a split of the games (I know...bad reasoning). I am going to the Saturday night game at the Garden. It will make up for the Calgary game we went to on Tuesday.

Can't believe Krecji threw off the gloves against Pavelski, his pugilistic skills aren't too shabby for someone that hasn't fought in 9 years.

Carlo is a great choice.

Coyle had been playing fantastic too. As has Halak.

Stamkos will miss the remainder of the regular season and possibly the start of the playoffs. He needs surgery to repair a core muscle injury. Big loss for Tampa.

Stamkos will miss the remainder of the regular season and possibly the start of the playoffs. He needs surgery to repair a core muscle injury. Big loss for Tampa.

Wow.

Big blow.

Kreider broke his ankle blocking a shot right after signing his extension. Stars are dropping.

Hell of a game last night. Great D and Debrusk goal was a beauty. Get tripped get up and score anyway.

Tampa

One takeaway from the game was we need to do a better job of protecting Pasta. There were a lot of people taking liberties with him before/during and after the play including the first goal. It's one of the reasons I was hoping that Kevan Miller would make it back and be our protector. On to Florida and then a rematch with Tampa Saturday night. Gave our seats to our middle son who is extremely happy to be going.....

It was nice to see an offsides replay go in the B's favor for a change.

Boychuck took a skate to the face last night and needed 90 stitches to close it up. He's damned lucky the skate didn't hit an artery.

Back